TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Gm Superchargers..........

thewheelman

Somewhere in article it should be mentioned that 07-present GT 500 superchargers don't have this problem! I think it's from trying to chase us down!

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1092495_gm-identifies-problem-with-supercharger-on-certain-cadillac-cts-v-and-camaro-zl1-models?fbfanpage

Same people that makes them for Ford, Eaton.

Oh yeah, but as one GM fan said to me, "Ford just used an off the shelf unit, these were specifically designed for these cars." Hmmm, and which ones are still working? LOL!

Based on my limited research, looks like the ZL1 has the 1.9 Eaton. I don't know off hand what the CTS-V uses. Although the '13-'14 GT500 has a 2.3 liter Eaton, I think it's worth checking out with Ford if there's any issues with that supercharger. You could also probably contact and ask Eaton company. It appears to be a different supercharger though. Has anybody heard anything else?

Based on my limited research, looks like the ZL1 has the 1.9 Eaton. I don't know off hand what the CTS-V uses. Although the '13-'14 GT500 has a 2.3 liter Eaton, I think it's worth checking out with Ford if there's any issues with that supercharger. You could also probably contact and ask Eaton company. It appears to be a different supercharger though. Has anybody heard anything else?

Good luck getting Eaton to answer any questions for you. I have asked 2 over the last several weeks and received no response.

Archived