TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Looking For A Competent Dealer For Service.

JJN

I had my new [to me] 2012 delivered from Connecticut to Florida last week. I couldn't be happier. Now I am looking for a competent dealer here in central Florida where I can have it serviced and repaired if necessary. I live near the Villages and there are two Ford dealers in the area

. I spoke with their service personnel and was less than impressed. Looking for some help. I will take it where ever I need to to get good competent service.

I have tried the dreaded 1st to 2nd shift at high rpm's and it would grind and then go into gear. I then drove a few miles and tried it again. This time no problem so the jury is still out weather I have a problem. This is why I need a good Ford service.

Thanks for your help.

John

Thank you for your advice. I live about 50 miles north of Orlando. Tampa would be a trip, but worth it for good service, any reason for tacking Shelby on a trip. Being an old guy I have had Vetts GTO's , Chevells Mopars and even a 1966 GT 350 Shelby, and by far the Gt 500 is the best car I have ever owned just glad that the wife approved the purchase. I am using it as a daily driver but being retired I don't drive many miles but I want to make sure that I get it serviced properly. Thanks again for the advice.

John

I can tell you pretty much most all Ford dealerships around Orlando are garbage. I wouldn't let any of them touch my vehicle. You may consider giving Gary Yeomans Ford a try in Daytona. I haven't had experience with their service department (only dealt with parts) but they also have a fair number of Roush and Shelby cars. They are a huge dealership. It's fun just to check them out. Surely someone there is fairly competent but, as with anywhere, I would definitely ask around about a particular mechanic instead of just dropping the car off.

As an aside, it sounds like you are somewhat undecided if you have an issue. I would definitely think twice before letting a dealership clown take your car out to see if they can replicate the problem. I might consider living with it rather than turning my car over to them for it, but I'm super protective over my car. There have only been a very limited number of people successful at getting parts replaced for that issue. Food for thought...

Just had another thought this morning, JJN. Give Justin Starkey a call at VMP tuning. He is one of the most trusted Mustang tuners in the world and happens to be in Deland. Though he likely won't tell you to bring your car to him for an oil change, he may be able to recommend someone in the area.

Archived