TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Restarting my membership after long absence

Hi, Everyone,

I see a lot has happened since I first joined this forum.

I've been deployed to Afghanistan, came down with kidney cancer (am now in remission), re-retired from the military (on a bright note).

I had had an '07 GT500 on order when all this stuff went down. Went through all the hassles, heartbreak and happiness of being #1 on a dealer's list at MSRP only to be told, as many of you were, that the "owner decided not to sell at MSRP." I finally worked out a deal where I would pay + $7K, keep my place in line and be able to order my car when the boards opened.

My '67 GT500 is red/white, I ordered mine (by proxy)....red minus stripes as I planned to have the stripes painted on. My "deal" went south and I was told that the owner now wanted + $10K because most people were "flipping" the cars. I told these weasels that I owned an original Shelby GT500 and I had no intention of "flipping."

A month or so later, I had gotten sick and I decided that I didn't want or need this car, or the aggravation, at + $10k.

Well. long story short, I'm feeling great now. I'm back in the market to find my '67 a stable mate. Now of course, the '08's are on the horizon, but I think I'll still try for an '07.

I'm going back and reading all the topics.

I hope to see some of you SAAC in Salt Lake City in July and some other functions soon.

post-2887-1180397473_thumb.jpg

post-2887-1180397473_thumb.jpg

Welcome Back. Good luck in getting your 07 Shelby. I think my preference, if I owned a 67 would be to get the 07 versus the 08. Just a personal choice. You picked a good time to start looking again With the 08s coming out there may be a better deal than the $10,000 over. Good luck. Thanks for your service to our country.

Don

Hi, Everyone,

I've been deployed to Afghanistan, came down with kidney cancer (am now in remission), re-retired from the military (on a bright note).

I had had an '07 GT500 on order when all this stuff went down. Went through all the hassles, heartbreak and happiness of being #1 on a dealer's list at MSRP only to be told, as many of you were, that the "owner decided not to sell at MSRP." I finally worked out a deal where I would pay + $7K, keep my place in line and be able to order my car when the boards opened.

My '67 GT500 is red/white, I ordered mine (by proxy)....red minus stripes as I planned to have the stripes painted on. My "deal" went south and I was told that the owner now wanted + $10K because most people were "flipping" the cars. I told these weasels that I owned an original Shelby GT500 and I had no intention of "flipping."

A month or so later, I had gotten sick and I decided that I didn't want or need this car, or the aggravation, at + $10k.

Well. long story short, I'm feeling great now. I'm back in the market to find my '67 a stable mate. Now of course, the '08's are on the horizon, but I think I'll still try for an '07.

I hope to see some of you SAAC in Salt Lake City in July and some other functions soon.

I'm glad your OK, welcome back and good 07 hunting.

67, First off congrats on winning your battle with cancer, Welcome back. :rockon:

Thats one awesome looking Shelby, I'm sure you'll be successful in your hunt for a new one.

All the best bud. :)

I want to welcome you back too. I hope you find a good deal soon. I know how you must feel on your cancer situation. I recently had a similar deal. Hang in there and let us know if you need some help with any questions.

That's one heck of a story. You've been through a lot. Glad to hear the cancer is in remission. Good luck with your health. Wish the dealer would have treated you better, but the wait may actually place you in a better position to find another $7K (or $5K ADM deal).

Happy memorial day and thanks for your service!

Hi, Everyone,

Glad to hear that you are doing better. I think I love your stable mate. :wub:

Hi, Everyone,

67shlby2916,

I want to thank you so much for you service to our country. It's guys like yourself who make this country a safe place to be and in turn allows the rest of us to enjoy pleasures, like our Shelbys. Good luck with you health. There are two dealers here in the Denver market that call me from time to time with GT500s they have aquired to sale. Unfortunatly usualy for 10k to 20k over sticker. There is a red coupe with white stripes in stock now. If a deal comes around, I will let you know.

Thanks again and GOOD LUCK!!

Welcome Back

I want to personally thank you for protecting my freedom

I am glad you have stayed ahead on you personal battle

I hope you find an 07 just the way you want it

Archived