TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Got To The Track And Ate A Z06

Ghoust

Technically I'm not quite surprised because Corvettes weren't made to be the best off the line; however, that doesn't take away from the performance of you and your car, which just happened to be better than the Vette. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

The outcome is as I would have expected. The GT500 will probably beat the Corvette in a straight line. However, I'd give the Corvette, especially a Z06, quite an edge on a track.

+1, and if this was just a stock Z06, it has about 150 or so less HP than the GT500, so not exactly even. I would try out a ZR1 and see if you could beat it, then you can brag.

The point is not to brag. I posted this on here because a Shelby did some good work at the drag strip. My last car was a Heads/Cam C6 Z06 and in my opinion, my 2013 GT500 is an all around better vehicle for my needs. It has a back seat for my 2 rug rats who always want a ride, it turns heads and thumbs ups everytime I drive her and I love the technology in it. I am linking to an external video of the races I had with this Z06. I love my car and what Ford/Shelby has done with it and just wanted you all to see it.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/85356-alternate-views-of-my-races-with-the-z06/

No problem, I understand you are proud of your car, especially for the price, you should be it is a great car at that price. I am just saying that in NHRA and IHRA the classes are determined by weight/HP ratio, and the new GT500 and C6 Z06 are not in the same class at all. Cost never figures into that for drag races.

No problem, I understand you are proud of your car, especially for the price, you should be it is a great car at that price. I am just saying that in NHRA and IHRA the classes are determined by weight/HP ratio, and the new GT500 and C6 Z06 are not in the same class at all. Cost never figures into that for drag races.

WOW! How about that "team Shelby" support! :punched:

Ghoust, based on Mike's assessment, I guess you didn't pay enough for your car to be impressive. I personally find it to be GREAT any time a fellow Shelby owner puts ANY car in the rear view mirror...especially a vett. :clapping:

The point is not to brag. I posted this on here because a Shelby did some good work at the drag strip. My last car was a Heads/Cam C6 Z06 and in my opinion, my 2013 GT500 is an all around better vehicle for my needs. It has a back seat for my 2 rug rats who always want a ride, it turns heads and thumbs ups everytime I drive her and I love the technology in it. I am linking to an external video of the races I had with this Z06. I love my car and what Ford/Shelby has done with it and just wanted you all to see it.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/85356-alternate-views-of-my-races-with-the-z06/

Excellent post!

Well done.

WOW! How about that "team Shelby" support! :punched:

Ghoust, based on Mike's assessment, I guess you didn't pay enough for your car to be impressive. I personally find it to be GREAT any time a fellow Shelby owner puts ANY car in the rear view mirror...especially a vett. :clapping:

Doubt seriously anyone here is looking to downplay the result. It is a good result. It is also the expected result. People are just looking at things objectively. That's all...

The other thing I have to say is when I sold my C6Z06, people from the Corvette community, including the guy who owns the red Z06 in the videos told me that I was making a bad decision and taking a step back. Needless to say it was very satisfying to beat him over and over again =).

Doubt seriously anyone here is looking to downplay the result. It is a good result. It is also the expected result. People are just looking at things objectively. That's all...

+1 and I'll just leave this right there…..this shouldn't be about "Team Shelby Loyalty", whatever that is…... :cool:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived