TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Looking To Pick Up An 07

Clutch issue might be done, but doubt it, check Ford Oasis report at dealer. Not a real show stopper - cost around $2000 out of pocket. Keep that in mind.

Front crank pulley - not a problem but easy upgrade.

If on original tires, be mindfull of NO traction - replace as needed.

Radio CD shuffle will kill a battery or vice versa.

Search the Grabber thread for the clutch issues - use a competent shop to swap out.

Enjoy

Clutch issue might be done, but doubt it, check Ford Oasis report at dealer. Not a real show stopper - cost around $2000 out of pocket. Keep that in mind.

Front crank pulley - not a problem but easy upgrade.

If on original tires, be mindfull of NO traction - replace as needed.

Radio CD shuffle will kill a battery or vice versa.

Search the Grabber thread for the clutch issues - use a competent shop to swap out.

Enjoy

But do I need to swap the clutch or wait until problems? Shouldn't the dealer who has it now do the swap before I purchase? And what do you mean not a "real show stopper" the car itself?

I'd wait until a "problem" occurs. And it may not occur at all, or you may be doing upgrades and decide to change it at that time.

Dealer's typically will not "fix" something unless pushed to do so to make a sale. If the clutch / pressure plate fails the standard test, then yes have the dealer fix it as a condition of the sale. Again, search the Grabber Clutch thread. With 1,800 miles, it would be less likely of needing the clutch TSB done, but without the standard test I can't say for sure.

Not a "Real Show stopper" means to me is, if the Shelby has everything you are looking for, appears kept in a condition that impresses you and has perks above the negatives which stands out above other Shelby's you have looked at, then a "slight minor" clutch issue is just that. It may be easier to do a clutch (possibly: now / soon / in 20K, never) than it is to purchase a salvage title car for clean title price. Location, options, color and condition trumps possible "what if" issues.

When I purchased my KR, I knew it was a possibility, but I tested it and it passed OK, so I don't worry about it. It's possible for '07 thru real early '10 to have this issue.

Good Luck and hope this helps.

Archived