TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Anybody Runnin The Resonator Delete Does It Do ??????

Got my Ford racing delete tube and Airaid air cleaner......seat of pants, seems to rev faster and sounds good. Did a few blasts down my road in the country and my friend said there is a noticeable SC whine now, more than before. My goodyears out back are worried!

I got mine yesterday and installed them tonight. I haven't had the chance to take it out yet, but that will be tomorrow. I still can't push it much though as I am only at 250 miles.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, so at the car show one of my Ford friends said, the resonator serves a purpose, it reomoves moisture coming in the intake. When its gone water/moister will get in and wreck the motor. i am thinking he is a wacko.....any truth to this

Ok, so at the car show one of my Ford friends said, the resonator serves a purpose, it reomoves moisture coming in the intake. When its gone water/moister will get in and wreck the motor. i am thinking he is a wacko.....any truth to this

No. He's wacko.

Ask him how a plastic tube with a perforated inner sleeve "removes moisture" from incoming air. I'm also interested to hear his explanation of where the "removed moisture" goes...

It's a "muffler" (i.e. resonator), has nothing to do with moisture, it quiets down the intake noise.

No. He's wacko.

Ask him how a plastic tube with a perforated inner sleeve "removes moisture" from incoming air. I'm also interested to hear his explanation of where the "removed moisture" goes...

+1

I know others have completely covered he's wacko :), I just had to join in. My company sells cooling and dehumidifying equipment so I'm very familiar with drying air. Even if our resonator delete was filled with desiccant on the outside (which it's not) it would do nothing to dry the air that cruising through at over 1k cfm, there's not enough contact time....there's really very little contact at all with the walls of the dehumidifer, I mean muffler lol. The best desiccant in the world isn't efficient enough to reach out and dry the air passing through the center of the tube at that velocity, to say the least. Besides if it was a dehumidifier it would be called a dehumidifier, not a muffler!

I did get a good laugh this morning, thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

good morning guys, i have a question. installed my jlt res delete and oiled airrad filter yesterday. after installing, started car and revved the engine immediately. noticed that it sounded like it was breaking up, bogged down. after about 20 sec. tried again and was a smooth rev. tried again today and same results. is this anything to worry about. can't remember if it was doing same before install. contacted jlt and they confirmed no tune required and check for air leaks, everything was tight and snug. thanks ahead of time for any responses.ps on install i did disconnect air mass conn. and vacuum lines to make install easier, everything was reconnected.

good morning guys, i have a question. installed my jlt res delete and oiled airrad filter yesterday. after installing, started car and revved the engine immediately. noticed that it sounded like it was breaking up, bogged down. after about 20 sec. tried again and was a smooth rev. tried again today and same results. is this anything to worry about. can't remember if it was doing same before install. contacted jot and they confirmed no tune required and check for air leaks, everything was tight and snug. thanks ahead of time for any responses.ps on install i did disconnect air mass conn. and vacuum lines to make install easier, everything was reconnected.

Is the MAF orientation correct? On the 2011, the rounded edge needs to be pointed towards the throttle body. WIth the JTL 127mm Big Air CAI, the MAF I needed to flip it (since its located on the other side of the tube vs stock) to keep the proper air flow direction. Also, I would double check the MAF isn't caked up with dirt, oil, etc.

Might also want to check the TB for dirt and build up.

Good luck!

maf meter is in correct orientation since it is not removed, i purchased the delete tube only from jlt. upon installation checked tb and maf for dirt. both were clean car only has 2600 miles. car runs great after it is started and runs for a while, just curios as to on initial start after car has sat overnight why it doesn't rev up smoothly after initial start. takes about 20 sec for things to stabilize. forgot to mention that i have a 2014 shelby gt500

• 1 month later...

Does it make the supercharger whined a lot louder,do u feel any performance gains,was it worth the 90.00 canu hear it inside the car any better,etc etc etc

Yep! Here is me in my 2014 on the autobahn with the resonator delete.

Steve

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTBICg2GQUQ#t=63

• 2 months later...

IMO, the answers to your questions are yes, no, it depends.

While it didn't make my supercharger "scream", it is definitely more noticeable with the JLT intake I installed.

As others have said, horsepower gains from this mod are debatable. Mullens is correct, in that a seemingly knowledgeable "regular" at SVTP reported solid HP gain from this mod. Phill also makes a good point, in that that report is the first and only such one I recall reading. (While not ready to cast aspersions on the dyno owner/operator, I remain somewhat skeptical.) Bill is also correct in that, even if the HP gain is real, I don't see it being noticeable via the "butt dyno".

The "worth" of this mod is in the eyes and ears of the beholder. I didn't like the way the OEM plastic intake tube looked, nor the did I care the sound attenuation it was designed to provide. For me, therefore, the mod was worth what I spent on it. Obviously, YMMV.

IMG_0133_zpsf88c9dbf.jpg

IMO, the answers to your questions are yes, no, it depends.

While it didn't make my supercharger "scream", it is definitely more noticeable with the JLT intake I installed.

As others have said, horsepower gains from this mod are debatable. Mullens is correct, in that a seemingly knowledgeable "regular" at SVTP reported solid HP gain from this mod. Phill also makes a good point, in that that report is the first and only such one I recall reading. (While not ready to cast aspersions on the dyno owner/operator, I remain somewhat skeptical.) Bill is also correct in that, even if the HP gain is real, I don't see it being noticeable via the "butt dyno".

The "worth" of this mod is in the eyes and ears of the beholder. I didn't like the way the OEM plastic intake tube looked, nor the did I care the sound attenuation it was designed to provide. For me, therefore, the mod was worth what I spent on it. Obviously, YMMV.

IMG_0133_zpsf88c9dbf.jpg

Hey buddy

I noticed you are running the STOCK CAI body (which is what I want) and you only installed the tube.

Can you help me with part number for the TUBE only, and do you need to tune the car if you do that?

I need to actually explain to you what I had done and reverted back to stock.

Do you mind if I call you or EMAIL with information? Please assist if possible.

my mobile is 954-218-4435 Luiz

Thakns

Hey buddy

I noticed you are running the STOCK CAI body (which is what I want) and you only installed the tube.

Can you help me with part number for the TUBE only, and do you need to tune the car if you do that?

I need to actually explain to you what I had done and reverted back to stock.

Do you mind if I call you or EMAIL with information? Please assist if possible.

my mobile is 954-218-4435 Luiz

Thakns

Happy to (try to) assist. You should be able to PM me here.

In the meantime, the tube you want is part number JLTIK-GT500-10. (Current options are black textured plastic, painted to match your OEM paint, or hydrocarbon.). No matter the finish, the tube is designed to fit the stock CAI box and does NOT require a special tune.

Archived