TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Dynamat Back Of Cabin

Removed rear seats, etc.... to continue my DynaMat project (trunk is done)

CA_05231421120519-L.jpg

CA_05231421121511-L.jpg

Not sure where on the parcel shelf to put the Dynamat on the top (inside of cabin) or the bottom ( inside of trunk)

CA_05231421121099-L.jpg

I will also be removing the kiddy seat tie downs and cutting holes to make rear cabin sub woofer vents

CA_05231421121886-L.jpg

CA_05231421122305-L.jpg

Cant' decide to come at it from above or below, grind or drill

I used a similar material in my trunk and above wheel wells and under the rear seating area....made a world of difference. FYI for the most part this stuff does not work by blocking out sound so it does not really need to be perfectly butted together and taped. It actually works by dampening sound by adding weight to the thin sheet metal, that otherwise acts like the skin of a drum.

I used a similar material in my trunk and above wheel wells and under the rear seating area....made a world of difference. FYI for the most part this stuff does not work by blocking out sound so it does not really need to be perfectly butted together and taped. It actually works by dampening sound by adding weight to the thin sheet metal, that otherwise acts like the skin of a drum.

What he said.

In one of my many lives (LOL), I worked at a recording studio design firm. We designed some of the world's best rooms.

Dynamat is for resonance reduction, as stated above. Concentrate it close to the speakers or sources of noise generation (UCA mount, above the diff, etc…). Some people install 12-18" squares with the 6X8 speaker hole cut in it, so the speaker is mounted through it. It helps reduce rattles, especially in the door locations.

For "blocking" sound, Auralex SheetBlok (basically a roll of heavily-leaded rubber or vinyl) is used. But the rule is, "If it isn't watertight, you've just wasted your time". Lots of small studios spend a fortune on the stuff, then forget the electrical outlets, HVAC vents, etc. Cash down the drain.

As for "subwoofer vents": The sub box itself is designed to be either a bass reflex or acoustic suspension device, no venting is needed or beneficial.

Jer

and when you install this stuff....wear gloves and be prepared for how sharp the cut pieces are......uggghhhhhh sliced hands suck

That's the best part about Hushmat, it doesn't cut your hands and is easy to install. No roller needed either, I just used a micro fiber rag to work the sheets down into place.

Dan

Kiddy tie down cover gone

CA_05271420111527-L.jpg

got tired of not being able to play music from my iphone, so since i had the back apart bought the USA-Spec interface, works great used the RCA out puts since I have a iphone 5 and the cable is for a 4 and did not want to spend $30 on an adapter

CA_05271420101418-L.jpg

CA_05271420102174-L.jpg

plugs into between the Sirius controller in the trunk and the radio and have enough cable to put the control unit under the front seat

CA_05271420102830-L.jpg

More Dynamat

CA_05271420103861-L.jpg

CA_05271420104597-L.jpg

Lifesaver torx wrench

CA_05271420105324-L.jpg

CA_05271420110157-L.jpg

• 1 month later...

FYI they make a drill bit designed just for spot weld removal.

Correct I got a cheap one at harbor freight since I only had 8 to do worked great (see post #5)

Would have spent more but couldn't find a USA made one locally on a Saturday.

• 10 months later...

Andrew how did the dynamat project turn out? Just did my trunk and drivers side door. Waiting for the rain to clear so I can turn the car around and do the passenger door.

Archived