3,213 GT Deluxe Coupes

3,028 GT Premium Convertibles

573 GT Deluxe Convertibles

2,605 GT Premium Shelby GT’s

88 GT Deluxe Shelby GT’s

724 Shelby GT500 Coupes

324 Shelby GT500 Convertibles

Grand Total 2007 Mustangs Remaining = 36,862

So out of 38,862 total mustangs remaining for 2007.....is 1,048 GT500's really a lot?

2007 Mustangs as of 5/28/07

...So out of 38,862 total mustangs remaining for 2007.....is 1,048 GT500's really a lot?

Over 10% of Ford's 2007 GT500 total production is statistically significant (by definition).

Is it alot of cars for a manufacturer of this size? No way. Neither is the total Mustang production, either.

But, relative to the GT500s total production for 2007, it's actually more than I thought. Interesting stuff!

Thanks, as always, for the (real-time) feed!

Good information. What I find interesting is that the amount that they are making in the 4 weeks remaining in 2007 production.

I wonder what that is going to do to the market when 1000 more hit the streets in less 4 weeks from the end of production.

Also, it would be cool if we new how many of those were already sold units.

Either way good to know that 1000 more are being cranked out.

Good information. What I find interesting is that the amount that they are making in the 4 weeks remaining in 2007 production.

I wonder what that is going to do to the market when 1000 more hit the streets in less 4 weeks from the end of production.

Also, it would be cool if we new how many of those were already sold units.

Either way good to know that 1000 more are being cranked out.

"Also, it would be cool if we new how many of those were already sold units."

I agree

I can't wait to see what the total production number is for the GT500

This would be interesting.

Who would we find such info from?

Do we know when the build changes from 2007's to 2008's?

Is it on June 6?

Do I ask too many questions? :hysterical:

I think build date changes on 06/25/07 if I remember correctly.

Is there any way to know how many will be built using this same breakdown for the year? I find it hard to believe that someone can come up with this breakdown remaining but no one knows how many total have been built for 2007.

Is it on June 6?

Robert Lane hinted that this info along with our forever valuable sequence numbers would be provided to each of us sometime after the end of the production run. :banana piano:

Robert has been MIA. :cry:

I know

I have been waiting for him to post the pix from our FL M&G

I hope he's OK

I do remember Sharon posting since their return????

Is it on June 6?

They are still showing Job 1 for 08 Mustangs is 6/25

They are finishing up with the last of the build out on 07.

The plant has been shut down for two weeks and starts up again on June 4th.

Over 10% of Ford's 2007 GT500 total production is statistically significant (by definition).

Is it alot of cars for a manufacturer of this size? No way. Neither is the total Mustang production, either.

But, relative to the GT500s total production for 2007, it's actually more than I thought. Interesting stuff!

Thanks, as always, for the (real-time) feed!

Actually I think it is still a low number by definition. It shows how well this car has been selling. And when you factor in the extreme ADM many of these cars have sold at it seems a really low number in my opinion.

I have a feeling they built a lot more than the 8k - 9k units they estimated. I base that on the number of extra units a lot of the dealers ended up getting.

With 8k - 9k units starting out with over 4000 dealers where every dealer got one, president winners got one extra, svt focus got one extra and full line svt got two extra with any remaining going to share of nation.....I just don't see how a lot of dealers could have ended up with 5 - 20 extra units after giving out initial allocation.

There were a LOT of dealers that were given at least one extra, many ended up getting 2 - 15 extra units.

There was a Florida dealer here that just said they got a total of 17 for the year. I think he said two they bought from other dealers so that is 15 total. If they were a full line svt dealer and a 05 president winner then they would have had a total of 4 initially which means they ended up with at least 11 extra for share of nation.

Also, these cars were very slow coming out in the beginning during the first few months of production. So I'm guessing Ford is playing major catch up over the last few months to the remaining units out.

From what I can tell based on the months I have been checking this I would say the average number showing up in any given month was about 750 units. So it is up by about 300 units going into the final 3 weeks of production. But many of these are units that are sold where buyers have been waiting on their cars for months.

With the 08 starting production on 6/25 I would say by the end of July all of the 07 units should have been delivered to the dealers and any that are sold will have been picked up by the customer and reported sold and removed from the system. So the end of July will tell what the real picture is after seeing how many are left.

Also, look at the Shelby GT. This car be bought all day for MSRP, only 6,000 are being built and almost 50% of total production is showing in inventory. Of course that includes all the cars still sitting at SAI waiting to be completed.

I also think 30k regular mustangs is a huge number to be sitting on the last month of 07 production. We can sell 30k regular mustangs per month but not 1k GT500's regardless of price???

I forsee some bigger rebates ahead on 07 regular mustangs! LOL

The good news for me is that IF the GT500 falls off to where they all start selling at MSRP then I would suspect Ford will start honoring plan sales for any dealers willing to sell them for that. That could mean D-Plan for me by next year!!!! LOL Then I may just get another one and have that shipped to SAI for the SS package! :happy feet:

So for those holding out for the MSRP deals, this is my PREDICTION.....and this is ONLY A PREDICTION....anything can happen.....but for MSRP deals on a 07...IF it happens...watch for the end of July through Aug. If many are still out there that will likely be the best time to buy at the best deals. For 08 watch between Oct through Jan during the winter months. Come March/April the ADM will start going up again as we near the end of final GT500 production. Assuming Ford sticks to their word and does not announce they will build this for 09. If that happens the ADM's will likely be gone for good.

They are still showing Job 1 for 08 Mustangs is 6/25

They are finishing up with the last of the build out on 07.

The plant has been shut down for two weeks and starts up again on June 4th.

Well that means that they could build a heck of alot more if they wanted too.

Building over 100 in three weeks is a pretty good number I would say.

Especially comaired to the numbers we have been hearing about for the last year.

Robert Lane hinted that this info along with our forever valuable sequence numbers would be provided to each of us sometime after the end of the production run. :banana piano:

SS - can you elaborate a bit on what the sequence number is about and how would we make sure we will be receiving it? I had thought the Shelby VIN numbers are mixed in the overall Mustang production numbers - except that we have the 88S = Coupe / 89S = Vert. Another item I have read about is the "Certificate" we will be getting (or have to order)....just don't want to miss anything.

Grabber, perhaps we should think about starting a sticky for members to post when they get their certificates, sequence number, and any other "official" Ford documentation we get with the GT500?

SS - can you elaborate a bit on what the sequence number is about and how would we make sure we will be receiving it? I had thought the Shelby VIN numbers are mixed in the overall Mustang production numbers - except that we have the 88S = Coupe / 89S = Vert. Another item I have read about is the "Certificate" we will be getting (or have to order)....just don't want to miss anything.

Grabber, perhaps we should think about starting a sticky for members to post when they get their certificates, sequence number, and any other "official" Ford documentation we get with the GT500?

I'm not the expert on this. I have no knowledge on how this works, but you are correct, the VIN’s are mixed, however:

As I understand it.

Once the 07 build is complete, all the GT500 build data for 2007 can be pulled and sorted. I think Ford/SAI will use VIN assignment to set the sequence number (I'm not positive) but that would make sense. Bottom line is the data exist and any thought that it doesn’t would just be bad business on behalf of Ford/SVT/SAI and like past SVT Cobras we should be getting a certificate with the sequence XXXX of XXXX and its authenticity. I know there is more qualified folks on this site who can speak much better than I on this subject.

"Bottom line is the data exists and any thought that it doesn’t would just be bad business on behalf of Ford/SVT/SAI and like past SVT Cobras we should be getting a certificate with the sequence XXXX of XXXX and its authenticity."

I agree and I'll be disappointed if this doesn't happen!

CC

Archived