TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Underhood Csm Plate Issues

07SGT0517

As a quick update to my question. Get that plaque coated with some clear coat because if its trashed like mine you are completely SOL.

I am going to see if I can get one CNC'ed and fill in the milled area with some paint.

I've had the same issue but mine occurred while washing the SGT. Wiped a little bit of water off of the plate and half of the writing came off! I have tried to get a replacement with absolutely no luck. I have sent, at the very least, 3 emails and have yet to receive a reply. :shrug:

Kevin

07SGT2591

so your making your own replacement? Doesn't that kinda defeat the purpose of having a CSM number i know its frustrating and i hope it doest happen to mine but it sounds like its only a matter of time. Maybe talk to a trophy shop they could make you one? that sucks

I left a message with Brian T. and he called me back the same day. He was very responsive and gave me a few ideas on making replacement.

That is surprising!

Ever since my plate issue happened, I have been looking for someone who could actually paint or print the the lettering that was wiped off. That seems like a better solution than trying to make a plate myself. I would be concerned about someone looking at the plate and saying it's fake and then thinking the entire car is a clone or something.

From the non replies to my emails, I assumed they will not replace the plate under the hood. But we all no what can happen when you ASSUME! lol. :)

Kevin

07SGT2591

When I talked with Brian it sounded like they would have to order a minimum of 500 plates from there manufacturer.

Personally I am thinking about taking the original off, cleaning it up the best I can and framing it. My woman, won't let me get rid of the Shelby, I tried. So its not going away anytime soon.

If I come up with a solution for a replacement I will be sure to post it up here for anyone interested.

Michael

Michael,

Your idea about clear-coating definitely has merit - I may go ahead and do this just to avoid future problems, right now it looks fine.

Sorry to hear that SAI isn't any assistance - perhaps someone in the screen-printing business can help? Maybe even someone with a decent computer and printer could restore the printed lettering that's wearing away?

Maybe check with John Farmer, (mrfarmdog), he's in the graphics arena and might be able to give some insight. There might even be someone out there that will do small-batch, billet aluminum stamped/laser engraved versions more like the original GT-350? (They'd of course have to get Shelby's blessing)

Sam

I wax mine with quality liquid wax NOT cleaner wax I use zymol expensive but good I hope this protects plate, I had new plate made for my Ddoge GLHS made at trophy show in Waukesha I believe the name is Geigers on Sunset maybe they can help??

Here's what mine looks like....(I don't see this part standing up to the test of time 40-50 years from now like the original early Shelbys have)P1040555-007.jpg

Mine is a tad worse, and will only deteriorate more as time goes on

Here's what mine looks like....(I don't see this part standing up to the test of time 40-50 years from now like the original early Shelbys have)P1040555-007.jpg

Yuck, that's bad. In 20 years we're all going to have nothing but a big blank silver piece of metal there. Clear coat sounds like a good idea, if it works.

QSS

When I talked with Brian it sounded like they would have to order a minimum of 500 plates from there manufacturer.

Personally I am thinking about taking the original off, cleaning it up the best I can and framing it. My woman, won't let me get rid of the Shelby, I tried. So its not going away anytime soon.

If I come up with a solution for a replacement I will be sure to post it up here for anyone interested.

Michael

500 units a maybe a buck a piece. Big deal. Customer care should be the first priority. The $500 will be made back in short time .It's all about seeing the big picture! Are they running a first class automoblie company or a low budget, back alley mod shop !

500 units a maybe a buck a piece. Big deal. Customer care should be the first priority. The $500 will be made back in short time .It's all about seeing the big picture! Are they running a first class automoblie company or a low budget, back alley mod shop !

WWJD (What Would Jer Do)?

yeah, think about it.... It would cost SAI $500 for the 500 replacement units and they would sell them for $99.95 each plus $15.99 shipping! They would have them paid for in the first week!

yeah, think about it.... It would cost SAI $500 for the 500 replacement units and they would sell them for $99.95 each plus $15.99 shipping! They would have them paid for in the first week!

I agree! Most ... well practically all of our SGT's are in the registry. I don't think proving we own one will be much of a problem. I could understand having to take the damaged plate off and sending it in before they will replace it, that's not a problem either. I also wouldn't mind paying for it, again no problem. Come on SAI! Help us out!

I hate when I show my car, that damn plate is the only crappy looking thing on the car! Some may not notice, but to me it sticks out like a sore thumb. :doh:

Kevin

07SGT2591

Archived