TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Industry Veteran Akos Feher Rejoins Shelby American As Vice President Of Shelby Performance Parts

RichS

I hadn't planned on replying to this topic, however, after reading a post by my colleague, Bud, I felt compelled.

I've been lurking on Team Shelby for quite awhile and have to concur that Jer certainly connected with the family here. Great job.

Adding to what Bud stated, Jer will always share a place in history by being part of Shelby American and that's something to both be proud of and cherish forever.

In the realm of business, companies are in constant flux - strategies and goals change as do the players - from the outside (and sometimes even form the inside), they might not make immediate sense.

Having worked with AJ, here's what I can tell you: If you like the GT500 40th, the Terlingua, Shelby GT-H, Shelby GT, Shelby GT500KR and Shelby SuperSnake, than you're looking at products in which AJ had a hand in bringing to market. In essence, AJ has touched virtually every product that we all love and enjoy. Further, by virtue of those products, he has earned a great amount of respect within Ford and the performance community.

With that being said, I wish to welcome AJ back to Shelby American and am confident that we'll see some startling products in the future.

Startling products don't matter if you can't connect to the customer. That's what Jer brought that I have seen lacking in the rest of the senior SA management. We'll see if AJ can make that connection.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to say, Im a bit embarrassed by those who attached AJ for this. Thanks to Robert and Bud for chiming in. Both class acts. I suggest several of you go back and read BOTH announcements. I understand your concerns but, all we can do is wait and see

Hi Everybody,

I am going to make my last post as a simple TS member, before starting my second round at Shelby on Monday.

I thank all new and old friends for their kind words! I still admire the passion you all have for Carroll and his company. I consider myself very lucky to have had the chance to call Carroll a friend and that I have the opportunity to be part of this amazing team once again!

For those who don't know me yet, I have a request: before taking jabs at me (some of them well below the belt) do one or all of the following:

1. If you want to know me better, and want me to know you better, connect with me on Facebook: www.facebook.com/akos.feher It's all there. And you can ask me questions about anything, cars, bikes, football. Italian food...whatever. Let's have a civilized conversation.

2. If you want to connect with me on a professional level and exchange ideas about work, technology, startups or even to connect with interesting people in each others' network, look me up on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/akosfeher

3. Call or email me. I will share my new coordinates with you all on Monday.

Some rules of engagement:

1. Please do not make statements about me or what I do on this public forum based on assumptions, just because you looked at my public LinkedIn profile. If you have a question or a critique, let me know using one of the 3 ways described above. I will do my best to answer you.

2. I will not comment on what happens inside Shelby. It's a publicly traded company, all the information that needs to be public knowledge will be in official press releases. So don't even ask.

3. This forum has its rules and standards. Please review your comments posted the past 3 days and if you believe that you are violating the rules of engagement, please use common sense and delete/modify such inflammatory comments.

Thanks!

AJ

I have to hand it to you: You always know when to keep quiet and pull up a chair with your popcorn. Scoot over will ya..... :lurk:

:hysterical2:

Anytime my friend.

Something I've learned. Life is to dayum short to get your " panties in a wad" over things you can't control.

And I welcome AJ... :salute:

I hadn't planned on replying to this topic, however, after reading a post by my colleague, Bud, I felt compelled.

I've been lurking on Team Shelby for quite awhile and have to concur that Jer certainly connected with the family here. Great job.

Adding to what Bud stated, Jer will always share a place in history by being part of Shelby American and that's something to both be proud of and cherish forever.

In the realm of business, companies are in constant flux - strategies and goals change as do the players - from the outside (and sometimes even form the inside), they might not make immediate sense.

Having worked with AJ, here's what I can tell you: If you like the GT500 40th, the Terlingua, Shelby GT-H, Shelby GT, Shelby GT500KR and Shelby SuperSnake, than you're looking at products in which AJ had a hand in bringing to market. In essence, AJ has touched virtually every product that we all love and enjoy. Further, by virtue of those products, he has earned a great amount of respect within Ford and the performance community.

With that being said, I wish to welcome AJ back to Shelby American and am confident that we'll see some startling products in the future.

Robert Lane! Hot dayum!!! You do still lurk! :rockon:

Great to see you post up... Well said.

For those who don't know me yet, I have a request: before taking jabs at me (some of them well below the belt) do one or all of the following:

1. If you want to know me better, and want me to know you better, connect with me on Facebook: www.facebook.com/akos.feher It's all there. And you can ask me questions about anything, cars, bikes, football. Italian food...whatever. Let's have a civilized conversation.

2. If you want to connect with me on a professional level and exchange ideas about work, technology, startups or even to connect with interesting people in each others' network, look me up on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/akosfeher

Thanks!

AJ

AJ - you had me at "bikes". Nice lean angle.... Sold my track bike a while back, but I still ride and immensely enjoying my Aprilia Dorsoduro these days. We have never met, but welcome and I'm sure we will connect at some point (although I'm not a facebooker).

Hi Everybody,

I am going to make my last post as a simple TS member, before starting my second round at Shelby on Monday.

I thank all new and old friends for their kind words! I still admire the passion you all have for Carroll and his company. I consider myself very lucky to have had the chance to call Carroll a friend and that I have the opportunity to be part of this amazing team once again!

1. Please do not make statements about me or what I do on this public forum based on assumptions, just because you looked at my public LinkedIn profile. If you have a question or a critique, let me know using one of the 3 ways described above. I will do my best to answer you.

2. I will not comment on what happens inside Shelby. It's a publicly traded company, all the information that needs to be public knowledge will be in official press releases. So don't even ask.

3. This forum has its rules and standards. Please review your comments posted the past 3 days and if you believe that you are violating the rules of engagement, please use common sense and delete/modify such inflammatory comments.

Thanks!

AJ

thanks AJ for putting your post out there,not an easy time for sure!

First of all,and I have said this in several posts,welcome back to Shelby! I appreciate your honesty and candour and hopefully this will be a positive start for all of us.

At this moment in time,as you we'll know,feelings are running high over what transpired on Wednesday,and the way it came about!.

SAI were the target for the way they handled it,not you in anyway because you didn't come into the picture until today!

However,as I am sure you would have been aware once it was announced,you were sadly going to get dragged into the postings,good or bad.

I firmly believe that 99% of people did not intentionally attack you on purpose!above or below the belt,myself included.

I don't want to dwell on the negatives,but moly on the positives.

Please understand that we are all very passionate about this brand and can get very emotional when a member of staff,such as Jer,who has performed superbly for Shelby and the Team Shelby members,and will express our feelings,you included if the same thing would happen to you!

I sincerely wish you all the success that you intend to bring to the table,and along with everybody else look forward to great things!

AJ,

What I would suggest is that you sit back a while and not worry too much about posts.

While Shelby is a publicly traded company, even those of us who own a slice of it have struggled to get information that any shareholder would get at any shareholder meeting. Telling us to not even ask about something might be a little bit of the wrong medicine at this stage.

We who have loved these products for a long time have gone through many periods of not feeling the love in return and, believe me, most negative feelings have to do with things other than the actual people, like you, who fill positions at Shelby. We have seen many the personable and capable person asked to leave the company.

As customers, we have the right to make our views known to the company. Most of us here are fully grown and successful in our professions and actually know a thing or two about business ourselves. But Shelby is an unusual company in that it sells stuff to make money (as companies must) and, at the same time, is the keeper of the flame that is the Legend himself, Mr. Shelby.

Most companies are not on the minds of their customers to the extent Shelby is on the minds of its customers. We live this stuff and have for a long time (for me, 48 years). When Monday gets here, report for duty, do your job the best you can and the days will pass by. You will be there a little while or a long while. Trust me, all of us here would like to see a bright and talented person succeed at Shelby and be there for a period measured in years.

What Bud wrote about you tells all of us that you know what you are doing and that we should be optimistic about what you will bring to the company. Allow your skin to thicken a bit, allow some time to pass and your actions at Shelby will speak for you in the days to come.

Jim

I've had the pleasure of meeting AJ before and he is a very nice guy! We chatted for awhile about my GT500 and his Terlingua. Very down to Earth guy. Still incredibly upset about Jer leaving but excited at the same time to see AJ back!

Ok, now for my thoughts on Akos. I worked with Akos for 3+ years and let me tell you--his mind NEVER stops!!! You could just sit there and watch him thinking and know something good is going to happen. I have seen him fight many battles and WIN for the company. He never stops!!! While there, he taught me so many things. Not just about the business, but things in life too. I consider him still a great friend. He knows his shit and wont stop until its right. Maybe someday he will tell some stories on how he fought Ford on the SGT and other projects.

I know we all have heard this a hundred times before---but give him a chance to show what he can do. I have seen him design things, come up with cool ideas that are still working. He really does have the passion for this role. He really does have a great mind.

On to Jer. As I posted on FB my friend, I am truly sorry for what happened. And as a LOT of people have already said (and to me too) things happen for a reason. You are a super guy and loved what you did. You will now always be part of Shelby history---and NOBODY can take that away from you!!!! EVER!!!!

Damn, we really need an ex-Shelby reunion LOL

Congrats Akos and the best of luck and success

Bud

Hi Everybody,

Thanks!

AJ

This is all good stuff. It's great and I mean GREAT to hear from Bud, Robert and AJ. It kinda feels like 2006, 07, 08 all over again but the fact is we are heading onward and upward. I know this change has caused allot of controversy but with the positive reaction we are getting from some of the big players from Shelby's history, I feel like there are some exciting times on the horizon.

QSS

Oh, and AJ does come on here btw.

In fact, he has been a long time TS member and didnt quit posting when he left SAI

How true. He answered many questions on the GT-H & SGT threads about production etc. Just search.

Yes,I also wonder if AJ will even attempt to be on our site answering and responding to our questions and requests,time will tell!!!!

I thought this was discussed already and based on prior SAI actions this was the quickest way to get terminated.

Tom

if Robert speaks this highly of AJ...........that's all I need to embrace this new change. Done !

Hi Everybody,

Thank you

AJ

Thank you AJ! Everything is looking better. I am bummed Jer is gone now, but I am glad someone like you is filling his shoes. Good luck and congratulations.

Dear AJ, as I stated before I have nothing at all against you. I am pissed at what they did to Jer. You had your time and it was totally business and ethically wrong to do that to Jer. It was still his time. Unless he did something wrong, this move should of never happened!

You just said it. "Unless he did something wrong, this move should of never happened!"

Denstang, What happens inside Shelby is not going to be made public unless they want it so. You and I both do not know any of the details about what happened. Do we have a right to know those details ? The answer is NO. For you to tell AJ that " You had your time" and state that Shelby made "ethically wrong" decisions about their employee is not your call.

You just said it. "Unless he did something wrong, this move should of never happened!"

Denstang, What happens inside Shelby is not going to be made public unless they want it so. You and I both do not know any of the details about what happened. Do we have a right to know those details ? The answer is NO. For you to tell AJ that " You had your time" and state that Shelby made "ethically wrong" decisions about their employee is not your call.

I think it was his opinion.one way or another aj is the new man in charge.

Nothing will stop me from riding for the Shelby brand. Jer is great and AJ from what I've read is a super guy. I'm looking forward to the future. I just dropped $2100.00 on a gauge pod, Watts link and some other goodies, I'm ready to get to work!

I have one of those hoods my body's hop guy had a shit fit the fit was so bad yes fiberglass has to be worked it's not perfect but rough is an understatement.

So does this mean we're going back to the days of no fiberglass hoods, splitters, rockers, etc. in stock? Having to wait until the next batch is made up at the prison and then hoping they are even worth using for the lack of QC?

Because that's how it was 'back in the day' and that's when this guy was there.

It was NOT good prior to Jer.

"The definition of Insanity is repeating the same thing over and over again and expecting different results".

Is someone expecting different results with the guy this time around???

Phill

I have one of those hoods my body's hop guy had a shit fit the fit was so bad yes fiberglass has to be worked it's not perfect but rough is an understatement.

Yes,my guy too!!!! Other than the fact he made so much more money from me because it was so bad!!!!!

I purchased the Supersnake hood when they were made by the boys at the state jail,we had to put two big riser blocks of aluminum between the underside of the hood and the hoods hinges,not what I would have expected,plus it had a slight twist on one side that makes it sit a little higher on one side so it doesn't sit flush with the drivers side fender!!

Ahhh,the good old days!!!!!!!!

I have had issues with SAI in past and not until Joe Conway get involved was there a positive solution. Joe is a handpicked-by-Carroll, Shelby family member, with 44 years experience and president of multiple companies. I know for a fact his only objective is the financial health of Shelby and this will be achieved by having the best people he can find in key management roles. Patience is key in things like this. Look at what he has done with the SAI facilities in LV and what he and Neil Cummings have done in Gardena. Management cannot always make available each detail prior to making key steps forward and this surely is an example. Joe, I know, was in contact with every Regional Director and assured them the SAI management Team was reviewing how to better serve the enthusiast. Please wait before jumping to conclusions.

Stephen Becker

I have had issues with SAI in past and not until Joe Conway get involved was there a positive solution.

Stephen Becker[/size]

That's putting it mildly, isn't it Stephen? Lol

J/K- Your whole statement is accurate, and I addressed this same post in the other thread for anyone interested.

I think you have hit on it. There is a rotation. I say we look for Bud to be back, then Amy, then Roger and so on. I feel better already.

Jim

Right! Maybe while SAI brings all those folks back they can have seance and ask Carroll what he thinks. Just saying.........

Yawn ! I've got a bunch of parts to go install on my car. See you all later.

Yes. I got over this whole thing over the past few days by getting out and driving my Shelby! I feel great now.

Archived