TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Industry Veteran Akos Feher Rejoins Shelby American As Vice President Of Shelby Performance Parts

RichS

I don't have an issue with his age,just merely pointing out the amount of jobs or positions that he has had.!

If you are 30 say and have had 2 jobs, or you are 30 and have had 15 jobs,what does that tell an employer?

Got it. At first I thought people were making a jab at the age. My own "hockey stick" of growth was from age 20-30. I went from nobody to flying around the world advising the largest companies. So I never discount the potential of youth.

But I agree, it does raise a question of what his true calling may be (i.e. passion). At some point you have to mature and settle into a specific role.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WELL, if they were able to bring this guy back.................there's always a chance to bring back Jer in the future.

I think you have hit on it. There is a rotation. I say we look for Bud to be back, then Amy, then Roger and so on. I feel better already.

Jim

Got it. At first I thought people were making a jab at the age. My own "hockey stick" of growth was from age 20-30. I went from nobody to flying around the world advising the largest companies. So I never discount the potential of youth.

But I agree, it does raise a question of what his true calling may be (i.e. passion). At some point you have to mature and settle into a specific role.

That's good!!!!

I agree with your comments for sure! Jer is young compared with many of us,but did a fantastic job as VP,so age is not the issue just abilitity to do a good job,and hopefully be in ther for the long haul as well!!!

Hey Guys I know the issue with Jer is a messed up but lets not take it out on AJ. I met him late last year and he is a down to earth guy and he brings much to the table. Congratulations and welcome AJ

Hey Guys I know the issue with Jer is a messed up but lets not take it out on AJ. I met him late last year and he is a down to earth guy and he brings much to the table. Congratulations and welcome AJ

I don't think anybody wants AJ to feel any of us are taking this issue out on him personally,that is not the intent I'm sure.

I welcome AJ to the team at SAI and wish him all the success with what he brings to them!

I am not backing out on SA. I welcome the new guy as well.

But about Jer, I still think they can find a way to keep him.

So do it already.

Agreed, nothing here is to criticize AJ (plus, that is a cool automotive name, you have to admit). But those of us who have been here a while have seen too many good people, the latest of whom is Jer, dumped by SA. The one thing I am NOT going to do is allow myself to get too attached to AJ because history has a way of repeating itself as we have seen in the days, months, and years gone by.

Jim

Edit: Need to learn to proof read.

Agreed, nothing here is to criticize AJ (plus, that is a cool automotive name, you have to admit). But those of us who have been here a while have seen too many good people, the latest of whom is Jer, dumped by SA. The one thing I am NOT going to do is allow myself to get too attached to AJ because history has a way of repeating itself as we have seen in the days, months, and years gone by.

Jim

Edit: Need to learn to proof read.

That's some good points,well said!

Seems like things have changed after the boss passed away, time will tell if the changes are good or bad.

What a mixed bag of reactions.

For you "old timers" around here with AJ experience, should we expect AJ to drop by and chat with the masses like Jer did? Hi AJ. How about some SS Splitters that fit 07-09 Shelbs?

A mixed bag it maybe,but the bottom line is everyone being upset with the way it came about and the treatment and lack of respect for what Jer has done for them in the past 2 years!

Yes,I also wonder if AJ will even attempt to be on our site answering and responding to our questions and requests,time will tell!!!!

I think you have hit on it. There is a rotation. I say we look for Bud to be back, then Amy, then Roger and so on. I feel better already.

Jim

Hi Jim,

Long time no see my friend.

Oh, how I wish that would happen, but I highly doubt it would. I would fly back in a heart beat :)

Ok, now for my thoughts on Akos. I worked with Akos for 3+ years and let me tell you--his mind NEVER stops!!! You could just sit there and watch him thinking and know something good is going to happen. I have seen him fight many battles and WIN for the company. He never stops!!! While there, he taught me so many things. Not just about the business, but things in life too. I consider him still a great friend. He knows his shit and wont stop until its right. Maybe someday he will tell some stories on how he fought Ford on the SGT and other projects.

I know we all have heard this a hundred times before---but give him a chance to show what he can do. I have seen him design things, come up with cool ideas that are still working. He really does have the passion for this role. He really does have a great mind.

On to Jer. As I posted on FB my friend, I am truly sorry for what happened. And as a LOT of people have already said (and to me too) things happen for a reason. You are a super guy and loved what you did. You will now always be part of Shelby history---and NOBODY can take that away from you!!!! EVER!!!!

Damn, we really need an ex-Shelby reunion LOL

Congrats Akos and the best of luck and success

Bud

Hi Jim,

Oh, how I wish that would happen, but I highly doubt it would. I would fly back in a heart beat :)

Ok, now for my thoughts on Akos. I worked with Akos for 3+ years and let me tell you--his mind NEVER stops!!! You could just sit there and watch him thinking and know something good is going to happen. I have seen him fight many battles and WIN for the company. He never stops!!! While there, he taught me so many things. Not just about the business, but things in life too. I consider him still a great friend. He knows his shit and wont stop until its right. Maybe someday he will tell some stories on how he fought Ford on the SGT and other projects.

I know we all have heard this a hundred times before---but give him a chance to show what he can do. I have seen him design things, come up with cool ideas that are still working. He really does have the passion for this role. He really does have a great mind.

On to Jer. As I posted on FB my friend, I am truly sorry for what happened. And as a LOT of people have already said (and to me too) things happen for a reason. You are a super guy and loved what you did. You will now always be part of Shelby history---and NOBODY can take that away from you!!!! EVER!!!!

Bud

A nice post Bud,your background story is enlightening for all of us who don't know him,thanks.

Let's hope he is still on the buzz now that he's back!

AJ is a good guy. Please be fair to him. Dont take your anger of one thing, (which I think we all have a BIG right to be upset about) and make that about him. I am with you all, but AJ should be given his chance to do his job sans hostility.

Hi Jim,

Bud

Well......You surely have enough Ex-Employee's to fill a Room..................

Knowing the industry or not, humanity and the way you treat people sets standards in business. This was not the way to treat a person who did his job and went above and beyond. If you had a plan, it should have been put into place with honesty and integrity, not blind siding someone who gave up a long standing career job to join your team and then after business is in full bloom you kick him to the curb. Sorry folks, I've seen too many good, honest and caring people come and go over the past 10 years. I will still enjoy my Shelby but my participation and purchasing will be elsewhere. Comment if you choose, that's the perks of Freedom of Speech!

Good not have said my thoughts better .... Don

I find it interesting how access to information is such a double edged sword. 10 years ago all this "dirty laundry" at SAI would have pretty much been kept under wraps. In today's world, the business moves of a company like this are made public for ridicule and embarrassment for all involved. :waiting:

LOL, well that IS a direction...Isn't it?

"Out of shape? I'm not out of shape. ROUND is a shape, isn't it?"

Phill

Well timed comic relief. :bliss:

:lurk:

I have to hand it to you: You always know when to keep quiet and pull up a chair with your popcorn. Scoot over will ya..... :lurk:

this is just my thoughts why does't shelby american just explain what is going on and the reason for these changes,after all we are the customers who represent there cars and products,in any company there will always be changes some do not like,but this looks like they really don't care about there dedicated workers,which alot of us have at least some connection to them .out of respect for shelby american loyal customers, we at least should get a straight answer, instead of beating around the bush,at least let jer tell his side of the story.just one last thought,it seems like who ever gets canned (not sure if was jer choice) we never here there part of the story ,which makes me think sai has a say in that. thanks for your services jer,

I hadn't planned on replying to this topic, however, after reading a post by my colleague, Bud, I felt compelled.

I've been lurking on Team Shelby for quite awhile and have to concur that Jer certainly connected with the family here. Great job.

Adding to what Bud stated, Jer will always share a place in history by being part of Shelby American and that's something to both be proud of and cherish forever.

In the realm of business, companies are in constant flux - strategies and goals change as do the players - from the outside (and sometimes even form the inside), they might not make immediate sense.

Having worked with AJ, here's what I can tell you: If you like the GT500 40th, the Terlingua, Shelby GT-H, Shelby GT, Shelby GT500KR and Shelby SuperSnake, than you're looking at products in which AJ had a hand in bringing to market. In essence, AJ has touched virtually every product that we all love and enjoy. Further, by virtue of those products, he has earned a great amount of respect within Ford and the performance community.

With that being said, I wish to welcome AJ back to Shelby American and am confident that we'll see some startling products in the future.

I'd be a little - OK, a bunch - leery of having all the pushes and pulls that resulted in Jer's dismissal made public. I'm no business expert, so I couldn't say what kinds of things went on that would be flattering to Jer and what kinds might be seen, by a prospective employer, as damaging to him.

I'm in favor of taking the episode as a necessary evil, and buttoning my lip.

Hi Jim,

Bud

I hadn't planned on replying to this topic, however, after reading a post by my colleague, Bud, I felt compelled.

I've been lurking on Team Shelby for quite awhile and have to concur that Jer certainly connected with the family here. Great job.

Adding to what Bud stated, Jer will always share a place in history by being part of Shelby American and that's something to both be proud of and cherish forever.

In the realm of business, companies are in constant flux - strategies and goals change as do the players - from the outside (and sometimes even form the inside), they might not make immediate sense.

Having worked with AJ, here's what I can tell you: If you like the GT500 40th, the Terlingua, Shelby GT-H, Shelby GT, Shelby GT500KR and Shelby SuperSnake, than you're looking at products in which AJ had a hand in bringing to market. In essence, AJ has touched virtually every product that we all love and enjoy. Further, by virtue of those products, he has earned a great amount of respect within Ford and the performance community.

With that being said, I wish to welcome AJ back to Shelby American and am confident that we'll see some startling products in the future.

Well put former employees - reminds me of a quote - "Tis better to have loved and lost then never to have loved at all" While most of the Team Shelby members will not get the chance to work at Shelby American Inc. I salute those of you who got or get the opportunity to do that and am proud that you've considered the rest of us Shelby owners and enthusiasts as family here on Team Shelby. That being said, welcome back AJ.

Archived