TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Industry Veteran Akos Feher Rejoins Shelby American As Vice President Of Shelby Performance Parts

RichS

NEWS RELEASE
Carroll Shelby International and Shelby American:

LAS VEGAS – May 16, 2014 - Shelby American, a wholly owned subsidiary of Carroll Shelby International Inc. (CSBI.PK), announced today that Akos Feher has rejoined the company as vice president of Shelby Performance Parts. An experienced engineer, Mr. Feher will be heavily involved in all research and development activities, as well as retail sales for the growing parts division based in Las Vegas.

“Akos Feher is a seasoned professional with an impressive track record,” said Joe Conway, CEO of Shelby American and Co-CEO of Carroll Shelby International. “Akos is a rare individual with both an MBA and a degree in mechanical engineering, as well as experience in retail marketing and expertise in small volume manufacturing. We believe that his talents will help make Shelby American even more successful.”

Over the past year, Shelby American has been reshaping the company to improve efficiency and productivity. As part of the plan, the company moved to a new consolidated facility in Las Vegas, realigned business units and optimized the workforce. Feher is now part of the revamped management team.

Feher’s 15 years of experience include serving as the Director of Production and Strategic Planning at Shelby American while the company was building both pre-title and post-title vehicles. He was also involved in the birth of Shelby Performance Parts and Team Shelby. Feher looks forward to working again with CFO Keith Belair, Executive Vice President of Operations Gary Davis and Vice President of Sales and Marketing Gary Patterson.

“Shelby is among the most admired brands in the world,” said Feher. “I enjoyed my previous stint at the company and stayed in touch with the team while honing my skills with the latest advancements in technology and composite materials. I look forward to leveraging my experience in the automotive, aerospace and consumer products industries to deliver parts and post-title packages worthy of the Shelby name.”

Feher earned his engineering degree and MBA from USC. He has worked for high profile companies such as Nokia, Siemens, Southwest Performance, Mattel, Fisker and DRS Industries. Feher will begin his new duties at Shelby on May 19, 2014.

About Shelby American, Inc.

Shelby American manufactures and markets performance vehicles and related products. The company builds authentic continuation Cobras, including the 427 S/C, 289 FIA and 289 street car component vehicles. Shelby American offers the Shelby 1000, GT500 Super Snake, GT and GTS post-title packages for the 2005-2014 Ford Mustang, as well as the 2013-2014 Shelby Focus ST and 2012-2014 Ford Raptor. For more info, visit www.shelbyamerican.com.

###

Now this sounds like the resume and pedigree of a Vice President. :yup:

And this:

Feher’s 15 years of experience include serving as the Director of Production and Strategic Planning at Shelby American while the company was building both pre-title and post-title vehicles.

tells me that a person with a vested interest in developing special programs like the KR would not later whore out the Shelby legacy that goes along with it and then tell customers that it's not their business to know the details. Quite frankly it doesn't even matter if I'm wrong or right. As a customer that's my perception...and perception carries a lot of weight.

Looks like a good strategic move SAI, and I look forward to seeing what comes from it.

This looks like a good move to bring Mr. Feher back into the fold and it makes good sense.

That's the good news.

More good news would be that SAI has decided to keep Jer and find a place for him in the organization.

He's a good guy, well liked by customers and was always very helpful to a lot of us.

Surely there is a place in the company for Jer.

Why not create a win win, rather than just a win.

Edited by lbj

This is his profile from LinkedIn:

Akos Feher's Overview Current
  • Director of Sales - West Coast at DRS Industries
  • Principal at Corvin Consulting, Inc.
Past
  • Sr. Design Release Engineer - Exteriors at Fisker Automotive
  • Director of Business Development at Insight Diagnostics Inc.
  • Director of Production and Strategic Planning at Shelby American, Inc.

see all

Education

More good news would be that SAI has decided to keep Jer and find a place for him in the organization.

He's a good guy, well liked by customers and was always very helpful to a lot of us.

Surely there is a place in the company for Jer.

Why not create a win win, rather than just a win.

I wish this were the case.

Knowing the industry or not, humanity and the way you treat people sets standards in business. This was not the way to treat a person who did his job and went above and beyond. If you had a plan, it should have been put into place with honesty and integrity, not blind siding someone who gave up a long standing career job to join your team and then after business is in full bloom you kick him to the curb. Sorry folks, I've seen too many good, honest and caring people come and go over the past 10 years. I will still enjoy my Shelby but my participation and purchasing will be elsewhere. Comment if you choose, that's the perks of Freedom of Speech!

Knowing the industry or not, humanity and the way you treat people sets standards in business. This was not the way to treat a person who did his job and went above and beyond. If you had a plan, it should have been put into place with honesty and integrity, not blind siding someone who gave up a long standing career job to join your team and then after business is in full bloom you kick him to the curb. Sorry folks, I've seen too many good, honest and caring people come and go over the past 10 years. I will still enjoy my Shelby but my participation and purchasing will be elsewhere. Comment if you choose, that's the perks of Freedom of Speech!

+1

This is his profile from LinkedIn:

Akos Feher's Overview

Current

• Director of Sales - West Coast at DRS Industries
  • Principal at Corvin Consulting, Inc.

Past

• Sr. Design Release Engineer - Exteriors at Fisker Automotive
  • Director of Business Development at Insight Diagnostics Inc.
  • Director of Production and Strategic Planning at Shelby American, Inc.

see all

Education

It looks an impressive resume,but as somebody quoted on another post,he is a relatively young guy.

If that's the case,he has had one hell of a lot of jobs with a lot of company's! As an employer it would be a concern for me with the fact that the person doesn't seem to stay at one particular place for too long!

How long was he at Shelby the last time? I'm not meaning to Diss the guy,but how long will he be here????

And yes,I agree,SAI should have re-shuffled their management somewhat and worked something for Jer after the 2 (almost) years that he has been there and keep his enthusiasm and dedication as an asset to the company!

Never heard of him, but willing to see what he can do before passing judgment, welcome. And since my daughter is a proud Trojan Alum, FIGHT ON! Oh, and since he worked at Fisker, he obviously knows about what NOT to do in a car company…..

Edited by mikeljgt500kr

So does this mean we're going back to the days of no fiberglass hoods, splitters, rockers, etc. in stock? Having to wait until the next batch is made up at the prison and then hoping they are even worth using for the lack of QC?

Because that's how it was 'back in the day' and that's when this guy was there.

It was NOT good prior to Jer.

"The definition of Insanity is repeating the same thing over and over again and expecting different results".

Is someone expecting different results with the guy this time around???

Phill

Funny...the couple comments insinuating age discrimination. Probably coming from guys that, ironically, are of the age that will probably be getting a dose of age discrimination of their own in the near future.

So does this mean we're going back to the days of no fiberglass hoods, splitters, rockers, etc. in stock? Having to wait until the next batch is made up at the prison and then hoping they are even worth using for the lack of QC?

Because that's how it was 'back in the day' and that's when this guy was there.

It was NOT good prior to Jer.

"The definition of Insanity is repeating the same thing over and over again and expecting different results".

Is someone expecting different results with the guy this time around???

Phill

I remember wanting, calling, and checking online for two KR parts for about a year. Never had any luck. Then Jer shows up and actually checked the shelves and magically there they were. I am sure other experienced the same.

Edit... It appears their new direction is reverse.

Edited by sheppd01

Edit... It appears their new direction is reverse.

LOL, well that IS a direction...Isn't it?

"Out of shape? I'm not out of shape. ROUND is a shape, isn't it?"

Phill

Funny...the couple comments insinuating age discrimination. Probably coming from guys that, ironically, are of the age that will probably be getting a dose of age discrimination of their own in the near future.

Not quite sure of the point you are trying to make?

Age is immaterial as far as I'm sure most of us here are concerned,the issue is more of what we are going to get from now on!

As it was stated,things weren't too good prior to Jer arriving,and yes the replacement might be good for future development in the car production areas as he has done in the past.

My concerns are more on wether it can stay with good customer service,communication and product to the masses!

We had that finally with Jers arrival and things hit new highs,so I guess we will have to see how it goes and how long the replacement sticks around,his resume tells the story.

Welcome back A.J. Looks like your hard work was not forgotten. With the chemistry and history you have with the current staff, I am sure research and development will be in good hands.

Not quite sure of the point you are trying to make?

Age is immaterial as far as I'm sure most of us here are concerned...

Okay, but then why bring up something about his young age? The "but" implied a negative connotation IMO.

It looks an impressive resume,but as somebody quoted on another post,he is a relatively young guy.

If you've got an issue with the job-hopping, skip the age issue and go straight to that. Maybe try this if age is immaterial as you say:

It looks an impressive resume,but he has had one hell of a lot of jobs with a lot of company's! As an employer it would be a concern for me with the fact that the person doesn't seem to stay at one particular place for too long!

Edited by JDB

Okay, but then why bring up something about his young age? The "but" implied a negative connotation IMO.

If you've got an issue with the job-hopping, skip the age issue and go straight to that. Maybe try this if age is immaterial as you say:

It looks an impressive resume,but he has had one hell of a lot of jobs with a lot of company's! As an employer it would be a concern for me with the fact that the person doesn't seem to stay at one particular place for too long!

I don't have an issue with his age,just merely pointing out the amount of jobs or positions that he has had.!

If you are 30 say and have had 2 jobs, or you are 30 and have had 15 jobs,what does that tell an employer?