TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Saac-39 May 14-17, 2014 Weather / Cold, Snow, Wind & Rain!

captdave

Looks like the weather gods have not been good to SAAC-39. Snow was reported on the first day by an SAAC-Forum member. Looks to me like the chickens have come home to roost.

The wife and I are glad we spent our vacation time at Shelby American, Vegas in January 2014, no snow in Vegas.

Sheboygan, WI weather.

http://www.weather.com/weather/5-day/USWI0629

http://www.weather.com/weather/monthly/USWI0629

http://saac.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=dpqqqljsdd97qka792h2kpbqr4&topic=28046.0

CaptDave

Z-man

That's me in the red car behind 777, an extremely memorable day. I stayed home from work for 3 weeks to do the car in the driveway. Brought the car down off the 4 stay jacks at 6pm Thursday night, finally done. I had to be at Pocono to run the car the next morning, talk about cutting it close.

ny9xtx.jpg

CaptDave

I'm not quite sure if this is just a topic made to bash SAAC, but I will admit SAAC is....whats the word? - Garbage? Too harsh? Out of line from me? I haven't had any personal experiences obviously, but I have never heard a good comment about them.

...What I mean is, that weather! How unlucky, that's too bad.

I had a great time at SAAC 39. I found the SAAC people to be very friendly and helpful. There is NO better venue in the US than Road America but, May can be a very iffy month. Usually may is beautiful but, this year has been iffy. Hell, not sure it wont snow in July the way its going. In speaking to some of the folks, they have had a hard time filling driving events. Guess not many people want to bring out a high dollar car and thrash it. Anyway, I don't think this is a place to bash SAAC.

I had a great time at SAAC 39. I found the SAAC people to be very friendly and helpful. There is NO better venue in the US than Road America but, May can be a very iffy month. Usually may is beautiful but, this year has been iffy. Hell, not sure it wont snow in July the way its going. In speaking to some of the folks, they have had a hard time filling driving events. Guess not many people want to bring out a high dollar car and thrash it. Anyway, I don't think this is a place to bash SAAC.

I guess everything I've heard could refer to a few bad apples. My bad for trying to set a fire.

As for this season, forget it. It went from 80 to 40 in a day, where I live its storms every single day forever. Jeeze.

I was able to meet a large number of the SAAC folks this weekend for the first time. The whole experience was fantastic and the people were GREAT. Not sure why there is so much hate....I suggest you simply get over it and move on.

I was able to meet a large number of the SAAC folks this weekend for the first time. The whole experience was fantastic and the people were GREAT. Not sure why there is so much hate....I suggest you simply get over it and move on.

Z-man

CaptDave

I'm not quite sure if this is just a topic made to bash SAAC, but I will admit SAAC is....whats the word? - Garbage? Too harsh? Out of line from me? I haven't had any personal experiences obviously, but I have never heard a good comment about them.

...What I mean is, that weather! How unlucky, that's too bad.

Z-man

CaptDave

Every organization has issues. I wont tell you to get over it because Im not sure I could. Every organization has the need to change. At some point, and maybe soon, they will have to change or die. Just don't think it will do any good to bash them here. Thanks

I would like to thank all the Team Shelby folks who joined us at SAAC-39. It was good to see you on the track, in the Cruise and at the Car Show.

A little winter rain the first day...but two more days of chilly but sunny made it a nice weekend.

10277593_10152461433263615_4582638202946

Let's see SAAC Forum Member's suspended, and a huge apology of the way I was treated in late January /early Feb. I don't think we are going to see that.

Shelby American, Las Vegas. If you are a SAAC Forum member you are not permitted to look.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/83908-shelby-american-factory-tour-new-building/

CaptDave

I wouldn't worry about it; clearly if they don't want you they shouldn't have you contributing to their clan community. You have people here who don't live to rant and cry, but rather embrace the heritage of which they have taken interest and become members of. Kind of sucks that there are people out there tainting the Shelby name, but otherwise the best move is no move. Walk away and don't play the game. It's like an old moving quote from "War Games", the only winning move is not to play.

I wouldn't worry about it; clearly if they don't want you they shouldn't have you contributing to their clan community. You have people here who don't live to rant and cry, but rather embrace the heritage of which they have taken interest and become members of. Kind of sucks that there are people out there tainting the Shelby name, but otherwise the best move is no move. Walk away and don't play the game. It's like an old moving quote from "War Games", the only winning move is not to play.

G-man

CaptDave

Robert Lane at SAAC 33.

I first met Robert here in the Shelby American Trailer, yes the one Carroll Shelby uses. I got to sit at Carroll Shelby's mobile desk for a bit, and hang out in the trailer.

14038367068_3933101da0_z.jpg

CaptDave

Capt -

I started to write a longwinded reply to your posts of today, but half way through I realized it served no purpose other than to rehash old history. If you are really intertested, I'll PM you a copy.

Suffice it to say I have friends who are members of TS, friends who are members of SAAC, and friends who are members of both. Furthernore, there are folks on both sites that I can't be bothered with and seem to serve no purpose other than to cause conflict and 'fan the flames' of the latest conflagration. I don't have time for those members.

I consider you a friend (I first met you at SAAC-33), I also know that 'mechanic' you spoke about, and consider him a friend as well, and will not speak poorly of him. I never knew the 'relationship' between the two of you until today. It makes me wonder if the two of you have mis-understood each other, as both of you seem like you have alot in common (being childhood friends)....I'm not sure what to think.

I do appolgize if by suggesting the members at the SAAC forums would like to see your photo's has caused you distress and grief. Obviously, that was never my intention. I like to see the vintage Shelby's, so I thought they might like to see where the modern Shelby's are 'born'. I guess not everyone there shares that opinion, even if it was one bad apple spoiling it for everyone else.

If you can't forgive them for how you have been treated, that's fine, but at least don't keep dwelling on it. They certinaly don't appear to care, and it's only causing you to become aggravated. If they saw these posts, they most certianly would feel they 'won'. Don't give them that satisfaction. If you love someone, they 'win'. If you hate someone, they also 'win'. If you really want to pi$$ them off, and say you 'won', just totaly ignore them and become apathetic. It will drive them crazy.

Your friend,

Z-man

I would like to thank all the Team Shelby folks who joined us at SAAC-39. It was good to see you on the track, in the Cruise and at the Car Show.

A little winter rain the first day...but two more days of chilly but sunny made it a nice weekend.

10277593_10152461433263615_4582638202946

I very much enjoyed what SAAC presented last week. Just looking at all the beautiful cars and listening to the roar of the track was plenty. I wished I could have stayed Saturday and entered the car show. Thanks for the great time and looking forward to next years event.

SAAC 33

Robert Lane finally gets to meet CaptDave, a moment I'm sure he won't soon forget. That's Amy's 2008 Grabber Orange SS behind us. Also to the left is the New Shelby American Cobra Caravan.

14039374550_77743849a2_z.jpg

Don't anyone tell Amy I was leaning on her SS. That's Carroll Shelby's private area of the Cobra Caravan just in front of Amy's car. That's my season pass for NJMP around my neck. All next year I had complete access as a Photojournalist, that was way cool!

14223789062_10e34e836b_z.jpg

CaptDave

No...they didn't take Amy's SS??? That was a nice car, I love the color.

SAAC 33 at NJMP, that was one darn good event. Also...I got to hang out in the Carroll Shelby Mobile. How many of you have done that, I bet not many.

CaptDave

Archived