TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Cafe Menus, Salt Shakers, Condiment Holder, Order Pad

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Shelby-Autos-Corner-Cafe-Complete-Set-Menu-Condiment-set-plus-so-MORE-/141280495447?pt=Apparel_Merchandise&hash=item20e4f94757&vxp=mtr

This isn't mine but I wish it was if it stays under $700 I will be bidding on it. I was scrolling through eBay and found these amazing Shelby Cafe items. The menus are extremely impossible to come by and so is the condiment holder. I think those emblems are real Cobra emblems on the condiment holder. The mats and hat were pretty common and sold in the Cafe..... I have never seen the order pad before I would think that would be probably the most rare because who on earth would have thought to have kept that.

This is an awesome collection for any serious collector.

I predict you will be the winner of the auction.

QSS

I'm the high bidder right now......I doubt it will stay that way.

Think about if Shelby opened a Cafe at the location where they are now. I bet it would be crazy busy......you know everybody that went to the gift shop and on the tour would eat at the cafe.

I think what killed the old cafe was the location.

I suggested they do a bar too... There are lots of restaurants and bars in that area so it would be difficult to make one work there.

Wasn't Henry Fords famous quote. "If you think you can or can not you are right" The food at the cafe was awesome and if they focus on real good American burgers and brats I bet it would make a profit and bring more people to the gift shop.

Edited by NordicShelby

The food at the cafe was awesome

Yes it was!!! I went there a couple of times and my wife came along once.

It was a favorite hangout of the guys from Nellis. One time I went in and there were about 10 guys having lunch, and I told the staff I would buy their tab and that they were not to know. When my wife and I left, they stood up and saluted (which was incorrect for them to do). We did appreciate it.

I don't know why anyone is bidding. I already cleaned out a spot next to the Terlingua goodie bag I won last time.

Maybe we should split the entire set. You can have the salt shaker, one menu, 15 mats, we can cut the condiment holder exactly in half and split the order pads.....and you can wear the hat for the summer months and I will wear the hat for the winter months....lol

Cmon, 46 bids!!!!! You don't think there is some shill bidding going on here? I still say if you bid $700 it's gonna be yours for sure.

QSS

The 46 bids is because I was bidding at $10 increments until I was the high bidder then within minutes someone else would outbid me. I don't think there is any shilling going on I think someone just keeps putting a high max bid price and it takes many bids to reach it....I am pretty much done bidding on it.

Cmon, 46 bids!!!!! You don't think there is some shill bidding going on here? I still say if you bid $700 it's gonna be yours for sure.

QSS

I can absolutely guarantee you that there is no shill bidding going on. I can pretty much tell you who has been bidding on these and who will probably win. I need a menu. and the condiment box. I have everything else. I wll not be winning this set now. I'm just about out.....maybe.....

I'm glad that I bought the shakers and a few sets of the mats when I was at the cafe. The mats are awesome framed around the garage.

Edited by JeffJ

The 46 bids is because I was bidding at $10 increments until I was the high bidder then within minutes someone else would outbid me. I don't think there is any shilling going on I think someone just keeps putting a high max bid price and it takes many bids to reach it....I am pretty much done bidding on it.

In hindsight, maybe not the best move announcing you are going to bid on Shelby stuff here. But it's not at $700 yet, stick with your original plan.

In hindsight, maybe not the best move announcing you are going to bid on Shelby stuff here. But it's not at $700 yet, stick with your original plan.

Yeah I know it was pretty stupid to put a thread up about the menus.

Shilling? Why even make that statement? It will go for what it is worth.

So when there are shill bidders at Barrett Jackson and a 67 GT500 sells for 260k which is 70k higher due to a shill bidder, does that make the 67 Gt500 worth 260k????? Seriously, with shill bidders involved you're telling me "it will go for what it is worth". Sorry, I am NOT that naive. Ebay is LOADED with shill bidding, so is Barrett Jackson and so are many other auctions. That is a fact and when someone comes on here and proclaims he is going to bid $2,000 I am suggesting that this is not a straight forward auction.

I am calling BS on this auction and the claim that it is a straight forward honest auction :talkhand:

QSS

I highly doubt that any person would ever put a bid in for $2,000 for these items....WHY would anybody pay that much....I would assume he was just stating $2,000 to get a reaction.

I'm done bidding on these items and will wait for the next time some menus come up for sale and this time I will not put a thread up about them.

I am calling BS on this auction and the claim that it is a straight forward honest auction :talkhand:

QSS

Ummmm.....sorry, this is Robert's auction. He has been selling many of his past Shelby things. I've bought some, there is no BS with this auction. There's a lot of crazy guys on here who will pay lots of bucks for this stuff. I'm out now cause I will not pay as much as it now, but there are other's here who will pay that obviously. Not sure why you are calling this a BS auction.