TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Drag Races Anyone?? Pueblo

NMAv

Let me know when you are going to do Bandimere. I'm just looking to go and have someone to talk with and hang out with between runs. Haven't done a drag race in 20+ years.

Let me know when you are going to do Bandimere. I'm just looking to go and have someone to talk with and hang out with between runs. Haven't done a drag race in 20+ years.

I plan on doing Pueblo PMP. I didn't know it was open yet, will check your link to see what the schedule is like.

My car is ass up on jack stands right now getting the Shelby/Baer rear brakes installed along with the Billet trans cross-member and a transmission gear lube change but shouldn't be too much longer.

When are you planning on going?

Will check the schedule and know more...

EDIT: Oh yeah, have you heard about the 1/2 mile race at Co. Springs airport in June? I'm on the Facebook page, not sure if I'm gonna race it or not yet. There are already a few Shelby GT500's signed up for it. It is in conjunction with the Pikes Peak International Hill Climb (PPIHC) race. They're calling it Strip Attack, or something like that.

Phill

I'm also interested in all of the above, depending on schedules.

Unfortunately, I already know I have a schedule conflict with the Pikes Peak Airstrip Attack. Nonetheless, thanks for the links, Phill. Maybe it will become a recurring/annual event...?

The air strip attack June 27-28 may be doable. That looks like a fun event to get hooked up with if it goes well. I'll try to see if Mountain Region Team Shelby can get hooked up with the organizers. I will try to come and watch depending on how my farming is going. Should be in the middle of hay crop right then. Already have Steamboat RMMR June 11-15, Fun Ford Weekend June 20-22 at Bandimere, so that weekend is actually open! I probably will not have the new converter in my car then, but I will try!

Anybody that would like to race at Bandimere, the club I'm with (Denver Mustang Club) always has a group at the club clash events held the following dates. I try to make them all except for when I'm out of town for IMSA races. Here's the schedule. We just have fun in a family setting. We usually barbque some dogs and burgers and have fun! So a great time to come up and go racing.

Bandimere Club Clash dates:

Friday, May 02, 2014
Friday, May 30, 2014 (I will not make it)
Friday, June 20, 2014 (I will be there)
Friday, July 25, 2014 (I will be there)
Friday, August 08, 2014 (I will be there)
Friday, September 05, 2014 (I will be there)
Friday, September 26, 2014 (I will be there)

Let me know when you guys want to do Pueblo. It's only 1 1/2 hours from me, so I'll come down and support if I can!

I was thinking about going down next Friday.

I will definitely do the Pikes Peak as well. 1/2 mile is more of a rolling start then a peddle to the floor events.

Apparently they have a disproportionate number of shops in one area of town. The city counsel relegated the licenses to a certain area.

That is a huge waste of tax payers resources, still need probably cause to pull them over.

Ha! Our NM police don't need much of anything to stop, search, detain, or even shoot you if you don't obey their orders. It's on the news every night.

I was thinking about going down next Friday.

If I get my car done today, I'm hoping to go tomorrow. But the weather may not cooperate.

Should be able to make it next Friday. Which Friday is "next Friday" for you? Tomorrow or the following week?

Better get off of this computer and get to work on my car or I ain't goin' NOWHERE!

Phill

I will definitely do the Pikes Peak as well. 1/2 mile is more of a rolling start then a peddle to the floor events.

I'm literally across the street (Powers) so I'll at the very least be there. Probably not going to run it but still might.

Phill

I just tried to register and was denied access. I've got an e-mail in to see what's up. Phill let me know if you ware going, I'll get you in as part of the crew. I'm allowed two people (assuming I get registered).

Archived