TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Costco Battery Or Pep Boys Pro Start?

Dead Battery after 7 years! Not bad.

Local in-stock choices are:

1. Costco / Kirkland for $75 but only one store has them 2 hours away in San Jose

2. ProStart from Pep Boys $85 ($20 off sale) 1/2 hour away in San Carlos

Both Batteries are 40R590's and both are made by Johnson Controls.

The Costco is 2 hours away the Pep Boys 1/2 hour.

Thanks Everyone,

MSB Mustang / Mark

Dead Battery after 7 years! Not bad.

Local in-stock choices are:

1. Costco / Kirkland for $75 but only one store has them 2 hours away in San Jose

2. ProStart from Pep Boys $85 ($20 off sale) 1/2 hour away in San Carlos

Unless you're showing the car, of those you asked about, I'd go with the Costco Kirkland battery. I've had several over the years. They're a good battery and don't question a warranty replacement when it's needed. Never have been too fond of Manny Moe and Jack, either. :)

Well I was lazy and went with the closer store which was Pep Boys. Also I had a $20 gift card from them. Not the best reason to make a final decision! The price between the two stores was within $10 (see previous email) but I saved 8 gal of gas (and 3 hours) which here in CA (Costco) is $4.35/gal this week.

Thanks for the inputs EL SHELBY and old lugs. I will update this thread in a year or two to let everyone know how my decision worked out. Right now it is just nice not to have to jump start it from my wife's Pilot! We will see now if it holds a charge after a week in the garage.

MSBMustang/Mark

Archived