TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Bad Experience

I can not believe that you can not buy products for you shelby in person from the World Shelby Headquarters. I am from Canada and stopped in to check out the new building as i was driving home from phoenix and had room in my trucks so it was the perfect time to pick up some parts I had wanted to buy for my Shelby and was told that nope no can do and that i needed to phone in a order. I guess it is only a shirt retail store and all the performance parts that is displayed on the wall is just for looks.

That bites, as not everyone can get there mon-fri 9 to 5.

Vacationers cannot always pick and choose when they will or even can be there either.

They need to clone Jer, so that there is always one of him onsite 24-7 :)

I don't get it. I was there 2 weeks ago told them what parts I wanted,keith got them for me,paid for them and was on my way. No hassle at all.

i took out my phone and said i would call in a order but she laughed and said it will take 3-5 business days to process. What a load of crap. Sure glad she don't work for me, i would be out of business. So instead of dropping $1500 or so on some parts i wasted $5 on a key chain and walked out the door and headed north. :shift:

I don't get it either. I have bought parts at the new retail shop as well. Curious to know why they told you no. Because I can't remember but I thought Jer said in store parts buying would be availalbe now at the new facility. Especially since they have a parts counter. Did you get a chance to talk to Jer yet? I feel for you though cause that's how it used to be at the old facility.

Could it be that most of the parts are no longer stocked? Has SPP become a order warehouse? Not sure just saying, the last several parts I ordered have taken 3 a6 weeks to receive. You order from SPP they order from the supplier, low overhead, no inventory carry cost.

I always phone in my order to Tim.

He gives me a time to come down, and the order is upfront and ready to go.

The only exception is if the part is not on the shelf at SA.

At that point it is drop shipped from their supplier, as stated in the parts description.

Just curious if you were trying to do this on a Saturday? Maybe they didn't have anybody in the warehouse on a Saturday. You could have tried to call the SPP phone number anyway to see if anybody would answer and if they would have answered they might have been able to help you and if they didn't answer then you know they were all gone for the day.

Just curious if you were trying to do this on a Saturday? Maybe they didn't have anybody in the warehouse on a Saturday. You could have tried to call the SPP phone number anyway to see if anybody would answer and if they would have answered they might have been able to help you and if they didn't answer then you know they were all gone for the day.

It was on Thursday around 1:30 pm.I can spend my mod money else where no skin of my ass. There are other businesses that were thankful for my orders.

It was on Thursday around 1:30 pm.I can spend my mod money else where no skin of my ass. There are other businesses that were thankful for my orders.

Oh...Yeah I would have thought you could have easily picked up parts on a Thursday at 1:30pm....Sorry to assume it was a Saturday.

I haven't been to the new facility yet so I don't know how it works there.

Have you even attempted to contact SPP directly and see what the issue truly was or did you only post on here and than be somewhat vulgar about it? When I was at the new facility I saw more than one person, in fact I saw a group of people all buying parts and walking out the door with them. Instead of simply letting it aggravate you and deciding to go elsewhere to get parts to mod your Shelby instead of purchasing Shelby part for a Shelby vehicle, you should have called SPP customer service and seen if it could be worked out through them. Just a thought.

I can not believe that you can not buy products for you shelby in person from the World Shelby Headquarters. I am from Canada and stopped in to check out the new building as i was driving home from phoenix and had room in my trucks so it was the perfect time to pick up some parts I had wanted to buy for my Shelby and was told that nope no can do and that i needed to phone in a order. I guess it is only a shirt retail store and all the performance parts that is displayed on the wall is just for looks.

Parts are available to purchase on-site, as hundreds of Bash attendees will testify.

However, we have had a sudden short-staffing issue, and are currently not able to have a team member at that desk at all times. During the Bash, Keith Criswell was able to cover it, and demand dictated it, but the 2 weeks after the Bash are customarily a "rebuild and recharge" period here, with perhaps ONE walk-in per day (maximum), and we diverted our resources to online orders.

I am sorry you were not taken care of. Retail Store associates can always page back to the Call Center to bring out someone to help, even if it takes a few minutes, we don't want to send anyone away unhappy. I'll relay your experience to them.

BTW, the vast majority of our parts are in stock here. WE actually drop-ship for SPP dealers, many of whom do not carry inventory. Items marked "Ships from Manufacturer" on our Web site include custom made-to-order parts (car covers, some floor mats, etc...).

And, yes, as I always say, emailing me directly is the best way to lodge a comment or complaint. Sorry, I was on vacation last week, so I didn't see every post or thread.

Jer

Jer.....you may want to personally talk to everyone there and tell them to always find someone to help a Customer who walks in to buy Parts. sometimes a few people will slip through the cracks that don't know and wont take the time to find out.

I'll relay your experience to them.

Jer

Instead of reaching into the bag of excuses, why not just tell him want he wants to hear: that you'll pay for the shipping on his $1500 order.

Instead of reaching into the bag of excuses, why not just tell him want he wants to hear: that you'll pay for the shipping on his $1500 order.

what a dip shit.....thats not the point at all. Not everyone lives 5 min away and since i was driving back i could haul a lot more parts that what anyone can put on a plane! Like i am the only one on here that has had a issue....... give me a break.

Have you even attempted to contact SPP directly and see what the issue truly was or did you only post on here and than be somewhat vulgar about it? When I was at the new facility I saw more than one person, in fact I saw a group of people all buying parts and walking out the door with them. Instead of simply letting it aggravate you and deciding to go elsewhere to get parts to mod your Shelby instead of purchasing Shelby part for a Shelby vehicle, you should have called SPP customer service and seen if it could be worked out through them. Just a thought.

what is the "vulgar" part of my post?

14 GT500 and JDB,

Before this bickering gets any further, please remember that you are not on the typical Internet forum. We expect a higher level of behavior here.

JDB: When I give a customer an honest explanation and an apology, I do not expect to be mocked about a "bag of excuses".

14 GT500: Insulting another member with name-calling or insults is not allowed here. If I can help rectify your complaint, I'd encourage you to email me directly, and I will do my best.

Thanks!

Jer

Thank you for your response.

Please contact me, I would love a chance to make it up to you.

Jer

The original poster has contacted me through the proper channels, and I will make it right. All other "forum noise" on the topic is, as usual, unnecessary and, in this case, suspect. Sigh.

Jer

...and since i was driving back i could haul a lot more parts that what anyone can put on a plane! Like i am the only one on here that has had a issue....... give me a break.

Since when is stuff shipped to Canada required to be on a plane?

But are correct, this is not the first time I've seen a thread like this for Shelby. I had to keep checking the dates to make sure I wasn't reading a thread from last year.

In my business that $1500 order would mean a lot to me...as would that customer's satisfaction. If my employee didn't provide adequate customer service my response would be 2 fold: to address the situation with all employees in private so they have a clear understanding of company policy so it doesn't happen again; and to equal-compensate for the error with the customer to regain their trust and get the $1500 order. The monetary savings by buying at the location is to save shipping costs...and free UPS GROUND shipping is the most logical offer as a good customer service gesture for the mix-up.

Jer I am not trying to offend you. I am simply making suggestions to improve your customer service for a situation that has happened more than once. The reason threads like this get out of control is because customers perceive it as being excuse-laden, when really a simple and private gesture that makes up for the error is all that's needed when providing good customer service.

Since when is stuff shipped to Canada required to be on a plane?

Please re-read his Post.........He was saying that his Truck had enough spare room than what planes have......he was giving an example on the amount of space he had in his truck to carry Parts home.

Jer I am not trying to offend you. I am simply making suggestions to improve your customer service for a situation that has happened more than once. The reason threads like this get out of control is because customers perceive it as being excuse-laden, when really a simple and private gesture that makes up for the error is all that's needed when providing good customer service.

See Jer's Post #23

...and, in this case, suspect. Sigh.

Jer

FWIW Jer, I am not some Camaro-owning troll. I own a Shelby, and have purchased Shelby accessory products directly from you which makes me a customer. Any perceived issues between us could simply and entirely be resolved with better public relations and customer service. My $.02

FWIW Jer, I am not some Camaro-owning troll. I own a Shelby, and have purchased Shelby accessory products directly from you which makes me a customer. Any perceived issues between us could simply and entirely be resolved with better public relations and customer service. My $.02

Your purchases do not grant you the right to mock anyone, which you clearly did. It was not "perceived". The very real issues between you and I are a simple matter, based on your continued unwillingness to respect the rules and tone of this forum.

Jer

Archived