TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Bad Experience

The OP got his say in with a Shelby VP in charge of that area of the business. Thats as far as any of this needs to go. I cant tell you how many times I was unhappy with a company, and was lucky to even get a person who didnt speak broken english, much less someone who doesnt follow a flow chart to (get the customer off the line as soon as possible) customer retention, or a survey. The single BIGGEST problem here is that 90% of anyone that has something go wrong, will post up a complaint thread, and 1% of anyone that gets great service will take the time to post a "kudos".

I can pick up the phone and call Shelby, and I can think of 20 people that care about the brand and my experience with it off the top of my head. I call any other company, and Im lucky to find one that cares about either. JDB- How can you say you arent a troll? Good lord, that KR Wheels thread has to account for half your posts! We got your position on that issue after like two posts, and then we still got another 10 or 15 just for good measure.

I dont agree with many things Shelby has done over the time I have participated here, but that doesnt mean I sure burn bridges with the company.

I would seriously consider a different avenue for your passion if you hate every decision they make.

Your purchases do not grant you the right to mock anyone, which you clearly did. It was not "perceived". The very real issues between you and I are a simple matter, based on your continued unwillingness to respect the rules and tone of this forum.

Jer

Legitimate question: by "tone", do you mean a match to your bro-mance style public relations coupled with your dream for a forum web site where 100% of the people love everything you do? I can see you're itching to ban me, but that's quite a stretch.

If you only want fact, then the fact is that this is not the first time or thread with this exact "bad experience", so obviously "I'll relay your experience to them" didn't work the first time. Another fact is that the #1 monetary reason why someone would want to pick up parts in person is to save the shipping cost. Another fact is that I have requested quotes from you before and thought your shipping cost was outrageous (this was even after I informed that person that I have a legitimate business address for reduced rates when sending UPS/FedEx). Another fact is that the current trend with online sales is for "free shipping" (thank you eBay) and future trends are even pushing for free returns shipping as well (thank you Zappos), and so the days of companies charging crazy shipping are over. So as long as you're on the back side of some those issues, you run the risk of "bad experience" or negative feedback from customer interaction. And don't kill the messenger. The easiest way to improve things is to look at what could've been said or done different. Good wholesome feedback for improved customer service. :);)

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:12 PM

"The intent and spirit of Team Shelby is, and has always been, to inspire and promote enthusiasm for Carroll Shelby’s legacy and automotive creations. We are fortunate to have a loyal user base that regularly post and visit, and we all enjoy a site that contains such useful contributions as tech articles and reviews, parts installation threads, event announcements, and many other items of value to the Shelby user community.

Where we always strive to differ from the average Internet forum is in our behavior and overall approachability. We believe that, unlike many other enthusiast Internet forums, Team Shelby has historically been a “safe haven” for the new user, an avenue to find information and share the passion, without being treated as a “newbie”, an environment where personal attacks and negativity are not tolerated. Our rules and enforcement have been deliberately forgiving, as we believe in our user base to self-monitor the tone of the discussions here. We are proud to be able to have an extremely relaxed environment with VERY LITTLE corporate involvement or interference on SA’s part. However, we feel the need to restate to everyone that we DO require adherence to the official Terms Of Service every user agrees to when first registering for this site:

http://www.teamshelb...tion=boardrules

We also would like to remind everyone that this site is the property of Shelby American, and members are expected to conduct themselves in a manner that respects our contribution. Shelby American, as the sole owner and operator of this site, reserves the right to remove all posts that disparage or defame SAI, CSL, CSI, and/or any officer, director, management, or staff. While we understand that users may have a need to communicate negative information to SA, we feel that warrants a direct communication with our company, as opposed to public posting.

It is important to follow these guidelines so we can maintain and build our community, and keep Carroll’s original intentions for Team Shelby intact: an encouraging, thoughtful, fun group for people who want to celebrate great history, fast cars, and build relationships with their fellow enthusiasts.

Thank you all for your continued support. "

Well, I do business with eBay and Zappos on a daily basis, but I don't own a single branded item of their's, wouldn't know the founder of either company if they ran me over, and I bet not a single person here has stood in line to get their autographs.

Point being- Shelby isn't just another company, its part of many of our lives. We drive thousands of miles to come together, hang out, and have fun with our cars. If I had a problem with my cable provider, I could simply change to another and my life wouldn't change at all.

Shelby pisses me off, and I may get mad and type an angry email, but it's not gonna make me sell my car and buy a Prius. The following month or so, I'm back at a table with my Shelby friends still sharing my time.

It just can't be said any plainer than that. I got a weird brother that pisses me off from time to time, but I'm not gonna stop loving him. Same thing. (And for the record, I'm sure he thinks the same thing about me)

We are proud to be able to have an extremely relaxed environment with VERY LITTLE corporate involvement or interference on SA’s part.

Perhaps here may be the problem.

Well, I do business with eBay and Zappos on a daily basis, but I don't own a single branded item of their's, wouldn't know the founder of either company if they ran me over, and I bet not a single person here has stood in line to get their autographs.

Point being- Shelby isn't just another company, its part of many of our lives. We drive thousands of miles to come together, hang out, and have fun with our cars. If I had a problem with my cable provider, I could simply change to another and my life wouldn't change at all.

Shelby pisses me off, and I may get mad and type an angry email, but it's not gonna make me sell my car and buy a Prius. The following month or so, I'm back at a table with my Shelby friends still sharing my time.

It just can't be said any plainer than that. I got a weird brother that pisses me off from time to time, but I'm not gonna stop loving him. Same thing. (And for the record, I'm sure he thinks the same thing about me)

What Warren said about Shelby speaks for itself, I'm just writing to verify the weirdness factor of the family..... :-)

Perhaps here may be the problem.

I read that as VERY LITTLE corporate involvement or interference on SA’s part is needed because 98% of us are Adults and behave accordingly.

I get mad at people who rubber neck an accident site. At best, you are gonna see a bunch of police and fireman and tow truck drivers standing around doing not much of anything. At worst, you are gonna see something you wish you could unsee for the rest of your life. So why look? I dont look, but damn, do I have a tendency to feed a troll. I guess I just dont like to see anyone go hungry. ;) You are right Helix. Although, I would have thought in the area you live in, a mom would tell you "Never feed the bears". :tim_hahn:

I get mad at people who rubber neck an accident site. At best, you are gonna see a bunch of police and fireman and tow truck drivers standing around doing not much of anything. At worst, you are gonna see something you wish you could unsee for the rest of your life. So why look? I dont look, but damn, do I have a tendency to feed a troll. I guess I just dont like to see anyone go hungry. ;) You are right Helix. Although, I would have thought in the area you live in, a mom would tell you "Never feed the bears". :tim_hahn:

I must totally agree on this comment, they all stand around doing nothing, because us EMTs and Paramedics do all the work, cuz we know what we are doing, lmao.

Wow,I think that a few people on this thread need to take a serious Raincheck!!!!!

There are always things that happen that don't go the way we think they should,as we have read on this thread,but the behaviour of some of the posters is JUST NOT CoOL.

I understand the frustrations from a fellow Canadian,but going about it this way is not the right way!!!!!!

As it has been said before on many other threads,many by me..............e-mail JER direct.

He will always try to resolve the situation to the best of his ability,and put things right for them.

Have some respect for other users on this Forum guys,lots of us live here so smarten up!!!!!!

Archived