TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Oil Separator Works

I put the JLT oil separators on bolth sides on the 13 GT 500. After about 1500 miles the drivers side was dry and the passengers side to the supercharger was about 1/4 filled with oil. Guess it's doing something. Anyone with similar experiences?

I have a JTL passenger side oil separator on my 2011...sounds like the right amount of oil, after I installed the new\upgraded mesh filter for the unit.

I don't have a driver side setup, so not sure what to expect.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd better check mine then. I have JLT on both sides and have done about 2000 miles. I thought the recommendation was to empty them every oil change but I'll check tomorrow.

They look cool anyway...!

Malc

I'd better check mine then. I have JLT on both sides and have done about 2000 miles. I thought the recommendation was to empty them every oil change but I'll check tomorrow.

They look cool anyway...!

Malc

If you have the new style filter (Jun '13), you will want to check more every 1000 miles or so. It builds up quick on the passenger side.

BTW, if you have the old style mesh filter, get the new ones since they work much now. I think they cost about $5 and takes about 30 seconds to install.

If you have the new style filter (Jun '13), you will want to check more every 1000 miles or so. It builds up quick on the passenger side.

BTW, if you have the old style mesh filter, get the new ones since they work much now. I think they cost about $5 and takes about 30 seconds to install.

Cheers Barry. Wow am I glad I noticed this post. (I almost forgot I had the car anyway as I haven't driven it for 3 weeks.) Just checked: passenger side was half full so just cleaned that out and cleaned the mesh filter. Driver side is completely dry: not so much as a single drop of oil and mesh filter spotless.

To think I was going to check them every oil change and I thought that would be enough.

Thanks for this great post!

Malc

• 10 months later...

Archived