TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Annual San Francisco “Bay To Breakers” Run / Saturday May 17, 2014

SVT NAJA

Cruise weather has finally arrived in the S.F. Bay Area and it’s time to get our vehicles out on the road and stretch their legs. Post up if you're interested in a local gathering of “Powered by Ford” enthusiasts. Our planned run is a 50 mile route from Saratoga to Half Moon Bay following Hwy 9 to Hwy 35 to Hwy 84 (stopping at Alice's for a short pit stop) down to Hwy 1 and north to the popular Half Moon Bay Brewing Company http://www.hmbbrewingco.com/ at the harbor for lunch. This route has a great variety of curves, twisties, straightaways and elevation changes for spirited driving. Join us for one of the first cruises of the new season. See you then. Thanks!

Jim

Here is where we'll be meeting in Saratoga. Let's plan on arriving around 9:30am and we'll head out at 10:00am.

14400 Big Basin Way, Saratoga, CA 95070 (behind the 76 Gas Station). There's a Starbucks across the street!

Here are the Google satellite and street view images of this location:

http://maps.google.c...8,0.002401&z=19

http://maps.google.c...=12,304.85,,0,0

(Note: You can zoom and pan left / right using the controls in the upper left)

Here is a Google map of the route we'll be taking (for an interesting view, click the 3D button mid-page on the left):

http://maps.google.c...&sz=16&t=m&z=11

List of members attending the cruise:

1. SVT NAJA
  2. Albino500 +1
  3. Fat Boss +1
  4. badwolf +1 - B2F
  5. Ghoust
  6. Fiddler +1 - BMO
  7. bossy13 - B2F
  8. Oliverc - B2F
  9. stevenh - B2F
  10. Lars +1 - B2F
  11. Lori
  12. Dan
  13. BOTIEB8 +1 - B2F
  14. HAZE +1
  15. JL - Carson City

Here's a short video of the cruise that HAZE captured last year:

I've been waiting for you to announce this . Put me and the misses down for being there . :shoppingcart_:

KP,

Down for two!

I always look forward to this late spring season kick-off cruise and breaking bread with our local TS family at the HMBBC.

Jim

This is the same date as the Carroll Shelby Tribute Show in Gardena.

Take a real cruise and join us for a great show!

Leaving Friday afternoon and returning Saturday night after the show ends.

Jim,

Sign me up! Two for lunch.

LAB

Andy,

Great to have you 2 onboard for the HMB spring cruise. Good Boss turnout so far. See you at the Blackhawk next Saturday!

Jim

Jim, Oh Darn it ...... I'm going to be at the American Towmen Convention in Las Vegas that weekend

http://www.atshowplace.com/ going to have to miss this one :( Sure all will have a Great time as

always ! :shift: :shift: :shift:

Mike :cool:

Mike,

That looks like fun too!

I hired a Rotator in Sacto several years ago to pick and travel with a max load and it was really amazing what they can do.

See you this Saturday at the Blackhawk.

Jim

Aww man! Pretty much my backyard but cant do it that day. Weak!

Man, this cruise is in my old stomping grounds. Too bad I can't make this one.

We'll catch you next year. Just remember, the NorCal TS-PCR "Bay to Breakers" run is always the day before the world famous San Francisco foot race...

We're going to be working at the Maker Fair unfortunately so can't make this one... We'll see you guys at the next one :) (and hopefully at the Blackhawk on Saturday if my luck holds out!)

I'm down +1 if I get my gauge cluster conversion done. Who ever thought it was such a pain in the ass to retro fit a 2014 GT500 instrument gauge cluster into a 2011 GT500. But a 220 MPH speedo with track apps and gauges is worth it. :shift:

Jim,

I take it that you have spoken to the man upstairs about the weather and are forecasting sunny skies in HMB . :)

KP,

The weather forecast for our "Bay to Breakers" cruise from Saratoga to Half Moon Bay this Saturday is... perfect!

By the time this week's mini heat wave in the SF Bay Area ends on Friday, 60's on the coast will be a nice change.

Screenshot2014-05-12at83811PM_zps29bc002

I'm so excited about this cruise. Put me down for two vehicles. I hope we have as good a showing of Bosses like we did last time. That was a treat! It was a great turnout. And hopefully the lead car will not hit another bird and pelt me with feathers. Lol

I'm so excited about this cruise. Put me down for two vehicles. I hope we have as good a showing of Bosses like we did last time. That was a treat! It was a great turnout. And hopefully the lead car will not hit another bird and pelt me with feathers. Lol

Lori,

Looking forward to seeing you and Dan this Saturday in Saratoga! We have several B2's signed up to join us...

I'll let the slower Boss cars lead this year so as to give the local wildlife a chance. :stirpot:

Awwwwww..... Man........ Thanks Jim for putting together another awesome cruise..... Scott and I won't be able to make it...... :cry:

Aggie,

We'll catch you and Scott on the next one. Hopefully, next year we can post a calendar in January for planning purposes...

Jim

Archived