TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Member Couple Of Questions!

Hey Guys! New member here! Just picked up 2908 Black!!!! Been my dream car for as long as I can remember! I have a couple of questions....

1. My shelby came with Flowmaster mufflers. I know the Shelby came with the xpipe but what was the stock mufflers? Just curious as I would like to pick up a set in case I would like to go back to being all orginal.

2. I have a couple of chips in my stripes. Now I am going to buy new stripes as mine are almost on the way out. Is there anything that I can do to make them look good until I get new ones? I waxed them but that really didnt help much :/ (Note, I know paint is a option but I like the Shelby just the way it is with they vinyl stripes :D)

3.This is just a curiousity question. Are our specific Shelby GT parts stamped or coded a certain way? For instance the grille. You can buy that from the Shelby store but are our orginals stamped from Shelby? My car sat out in the sun but was never drive and my grille is pretty much shot but didnt know if I should keep the original.

4. I heard that the hood pins on our cars are stainless steel and when paired with a aluminum hood, it causes a chemical reaction in the paint around the plates. Well mine has that on my hood. Is this true? I was going to pick up a set of alumium plates and get the hood fixed when I got new stripes but didnt know what was the cause of the corosion.

Thanks for any advice and help that you may give me ! Glad to be a part of the exclusive family and will enjoy driving and showing off My Shelby at car shows!

Thanks,

Francis :shift:

Francis -

The mufflers on our cars have the p/n M-5230-SVT1 which is part of the kit M-2007-FR1SVT. If you look and wait on this forum you might find someone who might sell you a take off set. I would leave the stripes alone until you get new ones. I obtained a new girill from the shelby store during their sale. i could not tell the difference nor could I find any ID's on the original grill when I removed the old one. The 2008 Shelby GT's hood pins had a fix for that issue of galvanic corrosion because of the hood pins. Gather your parts now before they disappear. Help me out fellow Team Shelby members if I am wrong on any of this information. Enjoy the car and welcome to the forum. -Kevin

Francis,

First off, welcome to the forum and congrats on your car! If you do a topic search on hood pins you'll find a ton of information here on that issue. As far as the stripes go, you certainly can replace them if you like, but you'll eventually be dealing with the same problems you have now. Unless you keep your Shelby garaged and out of the weather eventually your stripes will degrade. That being said, there is nothing wrong with painting them except the cost to do it. In fact the GT350's that Shelby was building the last few years had the option of having the stripes painted during the build. Having had both, the painted stripes are such an improvement in looks, care and longevity that I would highly recommend them.

John

Francis -

The mufflers on our cars have the p/n M-5230-SVT1 which is part of the kit M-2007-FR1SVT. If you look and wait on this forum you might find someone who might sell you a take off set. I would leave the stripes alone until you get new ones. I obtained a new girill from the shelby store during their sale. i could not tell the difference nor could I find any ID's on the original grill when I removed the old one. The 2008 Shelby GT's hood pins had a fix for that issue of galvanic corrosion because of the hood pins. Gather your parts now before they disappear. Help me out fellow Team Shelby members if I am wrong on any of this information. Enjoy the car and welcome to the forum. -Kevin

I thought I heard our SGT's have Borla exhaust. Does the M-2007-FR1SVT have Borla mufflers ? Just wondering.

Hey Guys! New member here! Just picked up 2908 Black!!!! Been my dream car for as long as I can remember! I have a couple of questions....

1. My shelby came with Flowmaster mufflers. I know the Shelby came with the xpipe but what was the stock mufflers? Just curious as I would like to pick up a set in case I would like to go back to being all orginal.

2. I have a couple of chips in my stripes. Now I am going to buy new stripes as mine are almost on the way out. Is there anything that I can do to make them look good until I get new ones? I waxed them but that really didnt help much :/ (Note, I know paint is a option but I like the Shelby just the way it is with they vinyl stripes :D)

3.This is just a curiousity question. Are our specific Shelby GT parts stamped or coded a certain way? For instance the grille. You can buy that from the Shelby store but are our orginals stamped from Shelby? My car sat out in the sun but was never drive and my grille is pretty much shot but didnt know if I should keep the original.

4. I heard that the hood pins on our cars are stainless steel and when paired with a aluminum hood, it causes a chemical reaction in the paint around the plates. Well mine has that on my hood. Is this true? I was going to pick up a set of alumium plates and get the hood fixed when I got new stripes but didnt know what was the cause of the corosion.

Thanks for any advice and help that you may give me ! Glad to be a part of the exclusive family and will enjoy driving and showing off My Shelby at car shows!

Thanks,

Francis :shift:

Welcome to Team Shelby and welcome to the SGT family. Please take the time to go to the Shelby Registry link in my signature and get your information matched with that car.

Francis -

Actually, the mufflers that came on all SGTs are FRPP p/n: M-5230-GTA. The part numbers above that you posted are for GT500

I thought I heard our SGT's have Borla exhaust. Does the M-2007-FR1SVT have Borla mufflers ? Just wondering.

Supposedly Borla makes the mufflers for the FR500S exhaust package. Then Ford gives them their part number.

Hoo boy. Where are my manners? Welcome to Team Shelby, 2908!

Hey Everyone!

Thanks for the warm welcome and info on the car. I am already enjoying mine and its the funnest (if that's a word) car I have ever driven. I like that fact that its a sleeper but has all punch but saying its a Shelby ;)

Archived