TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Well....it's Over For My Sgt.

AndyGJ

Greetings fellow TS members:

I know it's been a month or so since I've been on the forum, but I finally returned with a small announcement about my SGT. It's been a great ride and I've really enjoyed every minute of owning and driving my SGT convertible.

So here it is....

it's finally over....

for the Bank.

I JUST CALLED THE BANK THIS MORNING AND HAD THEM TAKE THE FINAL BALANCE OUT OF MY SAVINGS ACCOUNT - THE CLEAR TITLE IS NOW MINE FOREVER!!!!!!

WOOOOHOOOO!

It was only at 1.9% loan rate, and my investments made much better than that rate, but still it's great to have it gone off the balance sheet.

Now, I'll start saving for that 2013 Mustang GT coupe to send to Las Vegas for the new SGT conversion to an updated version of my 08 SGT Convertible.

Andy.

I'll admit, you had me there for a second.

Shame on you! LOL

Jer

I'll admit, you had me there for a second.

Shame on you! LOL

Jer

you weren't alone.... congrats on paying it off! Mine is still on my revolving home equity loan... I have the title but it truly won't get "paid off" until I sell the house and retire!

Well...It's time to replace the wife's SUV. Her GL450 has 115,000 miles on it, and stuff is starting to go on it...for the second go round! Fully Air adjustable suspension struts - $1500 each for Front Struts = $3000. Cats are sending fail codes now and barely cleared emissions= $2100. Who knows what is next, but that's the short list the shop gave me last month. Not worth dumping $5,000 in a 2007 vehicle I purchased new in May 2006 - 8 years is good enough.

Here is the killer on my 2013/2014 SGT funds - a new Suburban with LTZ package.....$71,000!!! HOLY COW!!! Problem is I need to make a purchase before we head to beach for annual vacation trip in June. That means by the end of the month potentially.

Maybe I should by a 2014 Shelby GT500, add a trailer hitch, purchase a small covered trailer and have her drive that to school everyday to drop off the kids & their gear.... :finger: is probably the result!!

I owe...I owe...It's off to work I go....

Andy.

Thanks Ilmor!

Just bummed that I've got to replace my wife's car and its going to be so pricy

Yep, it never ends does it...I mean, we have the power to end it by buying less expensive, smaller vehicles but that's no fun!!!

Thanks Ilmor!

Just bummed that I've got to replace my wife's car and its going to be so pricy

I'm going to have to go through the same thing. My wife's daily driver is a 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee. It's nickled and dimed us to death - transmission repairs are almost a given (we had to do it twice) - but it's paid for and is 4WD (actually AWD) so good here in the mountains. I looked at sale prices. Here we can expect about $4K. The same truck in Vegas sells for about $1.2K. So we will sell it here and buy something out there more of a city car. She is a fan of SUVs because they put you above the civilian vehicles for better visibility. She's thinking of a CR-V but they seem to be AWD so mileage isn't great. I'm thinking of a Dodge 200. Of course I'd like a 2015 Mustang convertible but she won't go for it.

Congrats Andy!

Let's see now - maybe a Shelby Raptor instead of the Suburban?

Sam

Sam...

I will put that one (Raptor) on the short list!! I know both of the boys would approve!

Andy

Archived