TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Rear Brake Duct Kit

The 40th Anniversary GT500 cars came with it but Shelby never sold it to the general public. You might ask if one of the 40th owners is willing to sell you one (because some of them removed them from the cars due to noise issues)

The early, if not all, Terlinguas I believe came with it also. I was lucky enough to pick up a kit from Tasca during their moving sale a few years ago. It's simply a composite duct that bolts to the lower control arms and directs air at the rotor.

Just had mine off while I had the car on jack stands. It is two pieces. The flat piece with one hole is attached in an existing hole using a torque bolt. The curved piece attaches to the LCA using two bolts.

As mentioned, most 40th owners have removed theirs. I'm stubborn

I'll check into it.

Jer

Thanks so much Jer,

Now if I can only find out when my show stand will come that I ordered march 3rd. I'll call you guys tomorrow to check up on:)

Email your order number to me directly...

Thanks,

Jer

Wow, those are nice! And I don't mind noise.

Jer! We need them!

I tried to get information on these years ago and hit a dead end.

I'd buy a set if available too. I was told they only work on OEM LCA's but I"m thinking a U-bolt or two would allow them to be mounted to my Roush (tubular) arms without too much of a problem.

I'm lurking and listening (for any results of this thread).

Phill

I have what may be a silly question, but that has never stopped me before. Are these really necessary? On the track, the front brakes take the majority of the braking load and are therefore much more subject to warping/overheating brake fade etc. Normally if you are cooking the brake fluid it is due to the front brakes overheating and not the back. I've never seen the back ones warp. Sure, cooler is always better, but in this case it seems to me that even hot is cool enough given the limitations of the front brakes? Like I said, it may be a silly question, and I'm happy to be schooled/educated by someone.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

I have a set of used rear Shelby fiberglass rear brake ducts that were on my Shelby GT/SC at one time. Car is gone and I know these are rare so if anyone is interested they are for sale. Price is $400 shipping not included. They are light so shipping will be minimal. I would provide the box, packing etc. If anyone wants pictures email me at usndvr79@mac.com. Please DO NOT MESSAGE ME HERE, I do not get notifications and rarely check here. You can also call or text me at 305 896 3243.

• 1 month later...

Archived