TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Car Hauler

HARALD KELLEY

Hello PCR members

Just would like to get some opinions: I have been considering an enclosed trailer and am thinking about a 20 Jimglo with v trac, side escape door etc. I was thinking when not in use making it available for rent. My question: Do you think there is a market for renting or has anyone considered this? Just to off set the months it may just sit. If so, what should be considered when renting?

Thanks for input.

H0050,

I looked at the Jimglo trailers this past Jan when at Barrett-Jackson and they are nice. I have a near new 20ft TPD which I really like though I have been searching for a 24ft TPD to better accomodate another longer car I have. When I saw the Jimglo trailer, it got me thinking about possible options. From what I saw at Barrett-Jackson the Jimglo is a bit more expensive foot for foot than the TPD trailer but they are lighter in weight than TPD and that drivers side door that opens and removable fendor on the Jimglo is really appealing for low profile cars.

I think there could be a rental market for these trailers as there is a rental yard in San Jose by where I live who rents rollback and enclosed trailers...if they are doing it, has to be some demand. My only worry would be the deposit from a potential rentors and the damage/wear risk.

Greg

We have a 26' TPD Trailer with 3 axles and love it. We get lots of compliments. We just got back from Vegas for the 50th, one of our friends had to rent an enclosed trailer. We would have had two that needed to rent but our other friend ended up not being able to make it.

We have a 26' TPD Trailer with 3 axles and love it. We get lots of compliments. We just got back from Vegas for the 50th, one of our friends had to rent an enclosed trailer. We would have had two that needed to rent but our other friend ended up not being able to make it.

Did not see you during the event. Hope all went well. Thanks for the input.

Did not see you during the event. Hope all went well. Thanks for the input.

You were there as well? We had a great time, wish there would have been some cruises or poker runs. Loved getting on the LVMS.... Awesome....

Hello PCR members

Just would like to get some opinions: I have been considering an enclosed trailer and am thinking about a 20 Jimglo with v trac, side escape door etc. I was thinking when not in use making it available for rent. My question: Do you think there is a market for renting or has anyone considered this? Just to off set the months it may just sit. If so, what should be considered when renting?

Thanks for input.

Harald,

Andy (Torch40) has a Jimglo, that's the one the Mayor had during the Bash, and it is awesome. Ask MM and I'm sure he'll tell you how great it is.

In the past (been a few years since) I've rented enclosed trailers from a guy in Saratoga, and he stays quite busy.

Your risk, is the normal wear and tear, but also damage that may occur. Both times I rented, the trailer was returned in exact same condition, but as you know...sh*t happens...no plans to, it just does. I cannot remember what deposit I gave him, (it was a check), and it was returned immediately upon the return.

Harald,

Andy (Torch40) has a Jimglo, that's the one the Mayor had during the Bash, and it is awesome. Ask MM and I'm sure he'll tell you how great it is.

In the past (been a few years since) I've rented enclosed trailers from a guy in Saratoga, and he stays quite busy.

Your risk, is the normal wear and tear, but also damage that may occur. Both times I rented, the trailer was returned in exact same condition, but as you know...sh*t happens...no plans to, it just does. I cannot remember what deposit I gave him, (it was a check), and it was returned immediately upon the return.

Thanks Tom. Yes I like the trailer and checked it out.

I have a 28' TPD Vortec with triple-axles. It is an awesome trailer and TPD stands behind their product. TPD replaced the generator door when it was 5yrs old, free of charge. We usually tow our race car and use a winch to load it. The floor, which is made from the same composite material as the side panels, is scuffed from gravel embedded in the slicks.

I glanced at MM's trailer and was impressed with the quality. The side access is a real plus when winching is not an options. We brought our 2011 GT350 home in the TPD and it was a bitch climbing through the window.

Several friends have 20' and 24' TPDs. IMO, 20' is cramped and 24' is comfortable. I landed a great deal on my 28' but it is overkill. 26' might be optimal if carrying extra tires, fuel, jack, etc. For all around, 24' is very maneuverable has and good room.

Here's my open trailer available for rent. It has an electric winch powered by a car battery. 18 ft by 7 1/2 ft. 4ft dove tail. Worked well for my lowered Z06, I haven't put my GT500 on it yet but I am assuming it should be no problem since this car sits higher then my Z06. Available for rent for $60 per day (same as U Haul) with a $250 deposit.

14159991932_02e6449ee2_s.jpg

13976108957_1d17a1f04c_s.jpg

13976116180_c68e052415_s.jpg

Archived