TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Wheels And Tires.....

Carl Bishop

Yes, they do. When I was researching similar wheels I thought I learned that those AR wheels didn't have the proper backspacing for our cars??? Do they stick out past the fenders? Can you clear Brenbo brakes? I see you are running a conservative 255 tire. Is that all you could fit without rubbing? Again, they look GREAT!!! Similar to the CS69 a bit..

Troy

Yes, they do.

When I was researching similar wheels I thought I learned that those AR wheels didn't have the proper backspacing for our cars???

Yes the do, they have 45mm, 35mm & 24mm (the stock wheels are 50mm) I went with the 45mm. They also come in 18x9 20x9 Chrome, Gray powder coated and Machine/Black.

Do they stick out past the fenders?

No, plus I installed an adjustable panhard bar last weekend, my rear end was off 3/8" towards the driver side, now its perfectly centered.

Can you clear Brenbo brakes?

I don't believe so, selecting the GT500 on their fitment guide was not listed.

I see you are running a conservative 255 tire. Is that all you could fit without rubbing?

My goal was to have a tire that was a little wider but close to the original size so not to throw the speedometer off too much, I believe some have run 275s on all four corners with a 9.5" wheel. That combo was a little too pricy for me.

I also chose to go in this direction so I could at least rotate the tires front to back every 3k mile. I'll be installing camber bolts and getting it aligned next weekend.

Calculator_zps4f9b4b15.jpg

Again, they look GREAT!!! Similar to the CS69 a bit..

Thanks! And yes, very similar but much more expensive.....

Troy

• 1 year later...

Need new tires,so I thought I'd change from stock to these. SGT mostly stock,any pros or cons and advice on other tIres is appreciated.

STAGGERED SHELBY RAZOR CHROME WHEEL & NITTO INVO TIRE KIT - 18X9/10 (05-14 GT, V6)

Staggered Shelby Razor Chrome Wheel & NITTO INVO Tire Kit - 18x9/10 (05-14 GT, V6)

$1,959.99

http://s7d4.scene7.com/is/image/Turn5/33385?$enlarged810x608$

Whoops..... sorry. I saw "Troy" at the bottom of the above text... Didn't get the quoted text very well.

I'm old...and a dumb ass, but I still Love your wheels!! :lol:

Just messin' with you..... :poke:

Thanks. :hat_tip:

Yes, they do.

When I was researching similar wheels I thought I learned that those AR wheels didn't have the proper backspacing for our cars???

Yes the do, they have 45mm, 35mm & 24mm (the stock wheels are 50mm) I went with the 45mm. They also come in 18x9 20x9 Chrome, Gray powder coated and Machine/Black.

Do they stick out past the fenders?

No, plus I installed an adjustable panhard bar last weekend, my rear end was off 3/8" towards the driver side, now its perfectly centered.

Can you clear Brenbo brakes?

I don't believe so, selecting the GT500 on their fitment guide was not listed.

I see you are running a conservative 255 tire. Is that all you could fit without rubbing?

My goal was to have a tire that was a little wider but close to the original size so not to throw the speedometer off too much, I believe some have run 275s on all four corners with a 9.5" wheel. That combo was a little too pricy for me.

I also chose to go in this direction so I could at least rotate the tires front to back every 3k mile. I'll be installing camber bolts and getting it aligned next weekend.

Calculator_zps4f9b4b15.jpg

Again, they look GREAT!!! Similar to the CS69 a bit..

Thanks! And yes, very similar but much more expensive.....

Troy

I'm running 275/40/18 on a 9.5 wheel at all four corners but that tire size will fit a 9in wheel.

Your setup looks slick!

I'm running 275/40/18 on a 9.5 wheel at all four corners but that tire size will fit a 9in wheel.

Your setup looks slick!

Thank you....

At the time I was looking for the best bang for the buck, I spent around $1700 for everything (wheels, tires, panhard bar, camber bolts and alignment).

Maybe I'll look at the 275 set up for the next set. It's going to be a looooooooooong time, I've logged less than 3k miles since installing them nearly 2 years ago.

Those look awesome ... Great upgrade.

Thanks.... :hat_tip:

Archived