TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Boss 226 ????

joebob948

Just got back from a car meet and I happen to notice a 2012 Boss 226 ( had it listed on the hockey stick decal ) . What the hell is a Boss 226 ? Could someone please clue me in as I was unable to locate the owner before leaving due to an impending rain storm !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I saw a Boss 302 at the Charlotte 50th with the letters HQ below the 302. The car was from Canada. Same type of question what does the HQ stand for. Sorry no pic. I saw him in the parade while driving.

My guess is the owners added the 226 and the HQ and since NO BOSS 302 2012 or 2013 came these on the side from Ford.

I would guess the #226 was the number of the build for his 2012 some guys like to show which number they have on the outside of their car. My 2013 Boss is #74 but the only way you would know which number it is is by lifting the hood and looking at the plaque on the intake.

The HQ well I have no guess with that......those Canadians do some weird things.....LOL JK

Could the configuration of 226 on the side stand for cubic in. displacement ???? If it were a 6 cyl. I do believe it has 227 cu.in. displacement ????????? Who knows maybe he added 1 more cu.in. ( lol )

The 3.7L converted to cubic inches is 225.7. So I would STRONGLY assume that is what is is for. I have seen a couple sporting BOSS 3.7 stripes. The custom decal world is swimming in custom BOSS striping right now. I even saw one done for the 50th with the Mustang 50 Years logo

The 3.7L converted to cubic inches is 225.7. So I would STRONGLY assume that is what is is for. I have seen a couple sporting BOSS 3.7 stripes. The custom decal world is swimming in custom BOSS striping right now. I even saw one done for the 50th with the Mustang 50 Years logo

Agree. If one could see under the hood, I'm sure it was a 3.7 V6. Owner modified V6 to look like a Boss I'm sure.

Archived