TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Saac-39 Elkhart Lake ,wi. May 14-18

6f09

Only 4200 miles away and I am going. Eight SAAC fans from Hawaii will be there going nuts (and we will have some mac nuts to give away if you find us)with at least three Shelby cars. Look for the license plates.. No garages available this year, however. Always a blast with classic and late model Shelby toys of all varieties on the tack and on display. Absolutely worth it being there to hear them raising a "joyous

noise" With original SA employees, tech sessions, vendors, on track cruises and racing and all kinds of stuff happening, it is not to be missed.

Some suggested I post my visit to SA from back in Jan 2014 on the SAAC site also. Many of the SAAC inner circle had nothing but extremely despairingly remarks. So, I pulled the posts from the forum, even thought I was getting more visits than the Team Shelby site. Same photo's that were on this site.

What happened when I pulled my photo's? The Forum Master used that as some kind of excuse to almost ban me from the forum instead of telling certain members from Hawaii to behave like civilized SAAC Forum member.

I had completely forgotten of the SAAC vs CS legal action from just a few years ago. I guess they truly do hate the new cars and all involved with them. They will take your money to be a member. But many (not all) higher ups at SAAC have no regard for you, sorry it's true.

I still love the old cars, but I also am extremely fond of the new ones. You can't be both at SAAC. I was involved with many private but important conversations (on both side's) during the whole SAAC vs CS. Also at that time was the SAAC-33 Ken Eber running off with the money for NJMP, I know way to much about that (you want to see the Cumberland County Court Papers for the Legal Action). How many people know of the secret trip to CS to sell SAAC in it's entirety, I bet not many?

It's sad to say there was a time when I believed their BS 100%, that CS was the guilty one. Anyway, you give them your money if you want to.

CaptDave

Capt. Many TS members are SAAC members as well like me and have both classic and late model editions of Shelby productions. Every organization will have the grumblers, "purists" and those with anal retentive attitudes. There are others of us who enjoy both series of cars and members in both camps. I am a long time member of SAAC and a regional rep. and spent a lot of time with CS himself. I saw both sides of the legal war which was mostly a bad business divorce proceeding. With closed records and minds following the

"resolution", I accept that the war is over. There are SAAC board members that drive the newer Shelby Mustangs and others that will not. To each his/her own.

At previous SAAC conventions, there have been numerous late model Shelbys participating. The only area where they are not included is in the Concours judging, which is dedicated to the 1962 to 1970 Ford engine Shelby vehicles. The popular vote and non-vintage race track events include everyone. There are even tech sessions and vendors for the later

model Shelby Mustangs and Cobras. All of it is fun!

How does my posting photo's of my visit the new Shelby American get two completely different response's from Team Shelby & SAAC Forum? Everyone was completely respectful here. It started out ok at SAAC, even some of the regulars were posting. Then the SAAC Forum Professional Attack Dogs were released. The regulars stop posting for fear of what would happen to them. Nonprofessional post's continued with not one comment or correction from SAAC's Forum Management, not one. Meanwhile I keep putting my visit to the new SA photo's here on Team Shelby with zero problems, same photo's. Finally after the realization that the SAAC Forum Master was actually encouraging this type of behavior I delegated all my posts. It took me some time to remember how much some of the old guard at SAAC hated CS and the new cars, I thought that was over.

I took a little bit of time to edit my SA visit photo's. A lot of care went into my posts at Team Shelby & Shelby American. I was completely disrespected by the SAAC Forum Master.

Back in 2008 when I was talking to Amy about getting a new GT500 I was pretty excited about the cars. I was told by upper management at SAAC (pretty high up) that the new cars will never be accepted at SAAC, buy a 1965-70 instead. I thought this thinking had passed, I was wrong.

What some of the old guard SAAC Forum members think of Shelby American.

http://saac.com/index.php?topic=24135.0

Link to story about Ken Eber not paying NJMP for SAAC-33.

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/01/01/new-jersey-motorsports-park-suing-shelby-american-car-club/

12242866964_366a4a5faa_c.jpg

CaptDave

My 2013 GT350 will be in the popular vote area. Wish I could take my '68 KR, but way too long a drive for an old car without A/C and with that wonderful old "vintage" steering and tires demanded for concours. The weather may also be bad, cold and rain, so better to have a car that is ready for that. I also am a long time SAAC member and a TS member, and frankly don't understand many of my SAAC friends who diss SAI and all the new Shelbys. I was not familiar with all the divorce proceedings, guess I was asleep at the wheel or just not interested in the soap opera. But boy, it did leave some very hard and nasty feelings among many SAAC elite.

My 2013 GT350 will be in the popular vote area. Wish I could take my '68 KR, but way too long a drive for an old car without A/C and with that wonderful old "vintage" steering and tires demanded for concours. The weather may also be bad, cold and rain, so better to have a car that is ready for that. I also am a long time SAAC member and a TS member, and frankly don't understand many of my SAAC friends who diss SAI and all the new Shelbys. I was not familiar with all the divorce proceedings, guess I was asleep at the wheel or just not interested in the soap opera. But boy, it did leave some very hard and nasty feelings among many SAAC elite.

If it was just a few that wouldn't be so bad. To many at the top at SAAC and SAAC Forum are disgusted with the new cars. I was told there are not enough 1965-70 SAAC Members to keep SAAC alive. They need the new guys and their money. They will hold their nose and let you join, bring your checkbook.

I figured those feelings were in the past when I posted proudly about my visit to the New Shelby American back in January, 2014. I expected the SAAC Forum Master/Owner would slap down those who were disrespecting my posts, NOPE! I have absolutely no respect for the person in question, none.

CaptDave

How many of you made it to SAAC-33 at NJMP (New Jersey Motorsport Park)? This is where I first met Amy, who became a good friend of mine.

SAAC-33 is where I had a almost impossible task of locating Ken Eber, the guy who held the money at SAAC-33. I had never met ken Eber in person so this would be a good opportunity for a meet & greet. Rick was everywhere, as usual. I found Howard with a little help, another head guy at SAAC. Ken Eber sad to say had gone over to the airport side and flew home without saying goodbye, or paying SAAC-33's bills for NJMP. Seems all the members paid their SAAC Dues and Fees to attend SAAC-33 but a quite large portion of money never made it to the racetrack owners? I guess that's why the NJMP owners filed that lawsuit at the Cumberland County Courthouse?

Below: I sat right seat for a high speed 40 minute run in that 2006 Ford GT. Yes I know, it's a stupid helmet. It's all I had at the time that passed legal qualifications for the track.

14058533534_e92648f5e4_c.jpg

CaptDave

I owned a 1966 shelby gt350 so what . It's a fastback mustang / falcon with a few parts added. Really what's the big deal . I also,owned a 1970 gt500 which I thought the old Shelby club did not consider it a true Shelby back in the 80's. They need to get thier head out of the sand and learn how to market a club or die on the vine.

The new Shelby's are great to see @ car shows and also the boss cars. When a 65 shelby look a like shows up nobody even looks @ it.

For those of us that are going to Perkins Restorations these are the hours for the open house. Wednesday May 14 8:00am till late. Thursday May 15 8:00am till noon.

I owned a 1966 shelby gt350 so what . It's a fastback mustang with a few parts added. Really what's the big deal . I also,owned a 1970 gt500 which I thought the old Shelby club did not consider it a true Shelby back in the 80's. They need to get thier head out of the sand and learn how to market a club or die on the vine.

The new Shelby's are great to see @ car shows and also the boss cars. When a 65 shelby look a like shows up nobody even looks @ it.

I remember that quite well. 68-70's were not real Shelby's because they weren't made in the same building as Carroll Shelby.

So when I told a certain High High High High up member of SAAC that I was looking at the 2007-09 I got the 1980's lecture how they are not real Shelby's and they will NEVER be accepted. Buy a classic Shelby.

When you join SAAC they should be required by law to say if you have a 2007 or newer GT500, "Are you stupid, you do know you don't own a real Shelby"? Because that's what they think!

CaptDave

65-66 shelby gt350's fakes or the real deals are like 55-57 chevy's . How many times have you seen one @ a cruise and just walk right by it. Boring as hell and way to many . The problem with the fake gt350's are most people can't tell the real from the fake and don't care . If you show up with a real one nobody would know or care. Boring boring boring is all I can say about the old SAAC club and it's strict rules about the new crop of Shelby cars.

65-66 shelby gt350's fakes or the real deals are like 55-57 chevy's . How many times have you seen one @ a cruise and just walk right by it. Boring as hell and way to many . The problem with the fake gt350's are most people can't tell the real from the fake and don't care . If you show up with a real one nobody would know or care. Boring boring boring is all I can say about the old SAAC club and it's strict rules about the new crop of Shelby cars.

We have in Hackettstown, NJ a meet every Thursday (starting today) at the local Wendy's. I finally got by buddy Rich Keller to bring his 66 GT350 by last year. They were going to give him a bad location when he showed, I put him front row on the end (safe spot). Nobody even paid attention to his car, so he left after only 1 hour. I had to explain that his car was worth more then any dozen of the others, nobody cared.

He sold that last year and bought a black Laguna Seca Boss, really nice!!! Yes he spent the $302 for the Track Key.

CaptDave

We have in Hackettstown, NJ a meet every Thursday (starting today) at the local Wendy's. I finally got by buddy Rich Keller to bring his 66 GT350 by last year. They were going to give him a bad location when he showed, I put him front row on the end (safe spot). Nobody even paid attention to his car, so he left after only 1 hour. I had to explain that his car was worth more then any dozen of the others, nobody cared.

He sold that last year and bought a black Laguna Seca Boss, really nice!!! Yes he spent the $302 for the Track Key.

CaptDave

Don't take this wrong cause I do like the GT350 cars. I will bet you a boat load of money that the guy who bought the Boss will have a lot more fun @ the track and car shows. He can also feel safe knowing the Boss will get him home later with no break downs. He can leave his trailer @ home.

Archived