TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New 08 Option Prices

Here is what the price will be for the HID Headlamps and the Ambient lighting options on the 2008 mustang.

NOTE: This is only showing prices on regular mustang. So I don't know if it will change on the GT500, but I would "ASSUME" the pricing would be the same.

There is no other pricing available yet. I suspect pricing will be available after the 1st of June.

Option Changes

Ambient Lighting (95M) - $295 MSRP

HID Headlamps (51H) - $525 MSRP

18" Wheel on V6 Premium Coupe (64B) - $925 MSRP

Here is what the price will be for the HID Headlamps and the Ambient lighting options on the 2008 mustang.

NOTE: This is only showing prices on regular mustang. So I don't know if it will change on the GT500, but I would "ASSUME" the pricing would be the same.

There is no other pricing available yet. I suspect pricing will be available after the 1st of June.

Option Changes

Ambient Lighting (95M) - $295 MSRP

HID Headlamps (51H) - $525 MSRP

18" Wheel on V6 Premium Coupe (64B) - $925 MSRP

HID Headlamps are standard on 07` Shelbys & you say there going to be a$525 option on 08`s?

HID Headlamps are standard on 07` Shelbys & you say there going to be a$525 option on 08`s?

HID headlights were not on the 07's. The headlights were different than a regular Mustang, but not HID.

I'm glad to know the HID lights won't break the bank. There had been various rumours floating around that they could be as much as $1500.

I included them when I placed my '08 order a few weeks ago. I was thinking i might delete them if the cost was out of line. I didn't order the ambient lighting. I wish I could find out more about that option. IE... a detailed description. I could still add that option if I like it.

ShelbyDude, do you have any info on the gas guzzler tax? There are also rumours of an increase.

Dave_C

HID headlights were not on the 07's. The headlights were different than a regular Mustang, but not HID.

I'm glad to know the HID lights won't break the bank. There had been various rumours floating around that they could be as much as $1500.

I included them when I placed my '08 order a few weeks ago. I was thinking i might delete them if the cost was out of line. I didn't order the ambient lighting. I wish I could find out more about that option. IE... a detailed description. I could still add that option if I like it.

ShelbyDude, do you have any info on the gas guzzler tax? There are also rumours of an increase.

Dave_C

Ambient lighting system that can change the color of the lighting seven different times in the cupholders and front and rear footwells, controlled by a dash-mounted switch.

No info on gaz guzzler tax.

call the dealer you ordered your 08 gt500 from and have them check their 07 focuses for ambient lighting. it is a one push button option that changes the lighting in the floorboards and cupholders by i think it was 9 options. very cool with a bottle of water. anyway, call your dealer and set up an appointment to check it out on a recently built 07 focus, go in around 7pm or so, try to find a spot with no street lamps, and it looks COOL. it MUST be better on the mustang since you can adjust the MYCOLOR, independantly, to match, and in the focus they still use the awful green color for the backlighting on the speedo.

the button is placed in the same place as traction control on the focus.

I think this is a great option, but I still think that tying into the dash with other models(other than mustangs) would be the way to go to give the "true" ambiance.

If the HID are a $525 option, is that the price us 07 guys should expect to pay at the parts department for the kit or no??????

Doubtful! As with most things when you buy them separately after the fact they usually cost twice as much if not more. It always MUCH cheaper to get as an option from the factory then adding it later.

Doubtful! As with most things when you buy them separately after the fact they usually cost twice as much if not more. It always MUCH cheaper to get as an option from the factory then adding it later.

I hope you are wrong. Why was Saleen able to sell their HID kit for their Mustangs for about $500-600?

I would think the kit would cost $500-600 but then we would need some other parts to get the kit to work on our car possibly bringing the price up to $1000, I hope the installation is not that much.

Hmmmm, I will start looking for rear ended (totaled) 08 GT500s and try and buy their HID lights!!!!

Shelbydude-Why couldnt we just buy the kit direct from Sylvania anyway and then I would think the price would most def. be around $600?

Thanks!

I hope you are wrong. Why was Saleen able to sell their HID kit for their Mustangs for about $500-600?

I would think the kit would cost $500-600 but then we would need some other parts to get the kit to work on our car possibly bringing the price up to $1000, I hope the installation is not that much.

Hmmmm, I will start looking for rear ended (totaled) 08 GT500s and try and buy their HID lights!!!!

Shelbydude-Why couldnt we just buy the kit direct from Sylvania anyway and then I would think the price would most def. be around $600?

Thanks!

I'm not counting labor. Typically any parts after the fact cost a lot more than what they would cost if ordered on the vehicle from the factory.

After market parts are usually less expensive than if you order them from Ford.

I like my lights

are HID's that much better?

I'm sure opinions vary all over on this one. I've been driving with "normal" lights for 30 years...they are fine for me. Some people have said "come out of the dark ages (pun intended), driving without HIDs is like getting off the sofa every time you wanna change TV channels".

Your call.

AD

I really like the HID lights, have them on one of my cars and the difference is like day and night.

The over the counter price may be too much thought. Over a grand just won't be worth it to me.

it would have to be more than night and day difference for me for that kind of coin

I was impressed with the lights on this car

I just do not see them costin $1000 since Saleen offers them for around $500.

I would have to agree that they are not worth a grand but I have never driven with HIDs so what do I know.

I want them for the pimp factor

"I want them for the pimp factor"

:hysterical::hysterical2::hysterical::hysterical2::hysterical::hysterical2:

Are you going to black out the windows and wear a big hat with a pink feather? :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Are you going to black out the windows and wear a big hat with a pink feather? :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Maybe some hydraulic shocks so you can bounce down the street on some "spinner dubs"?? :redcard:

:hysterical:

LMAO Don't forget the boa around your neck too.

With a bumber sticker that says "Born for Pimpin"

Archived