TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hydro Dipped Wiper Cowl

REDTAIL

• 2 weeks later...

I really like that idea but is there a way to dip it so it does not have the carbon fiber look? I'd like a semi-gloss black smooth non-porous look. :cool:

Thats the GREAT thing about Hydro Dipping.........You can have ANY design your imagination can dream up, and it is SO cool to watch.

SPP is preparing quite a few new hydro-dipped parts for sale, including cowl covers.

Jer

SPP is preparing quite a few new hydro-dipped parts for sale, including cowl covers.

Jer

That's cool Jer,I need a few more pieces to add to my car.

My wife is beginning to think that I can't find anymore parts for my car,and I don't want her to get the wrong idea!!!!! Lol!

Nice touch to one if the cheapest looking parts of our cars IMO!

My thought exactly!

Jer

Jer are they being done at SA or SPP? Just courious.

We are doing them here. SPP and SA are one and the same.

We have made them for Production cars for years (the Shelby 1000 has had TONS of cool hydro-dipped parts since its inception, as does the Shelby Focus ST and the Shelby GT).

Our new unified facility brought so much efficiency, we are now able to make more than we need, and will stock them for sale through SPP. Cowl covers, radiator covers, etc etc etc...

This was the FIRST hydro part we offered, introduced a few months ago: http://www.shelbystore.com/product-p/z75-shd-engcov.htm

Cowl covers are being clear coated any day now, and will be on our site soon.

Jer

We are doing them here. SPP and SA are one and the same.

We have made them for Production cars for years (the Shelby 1000 has had TONS of cool hydro-dipped parts since its inception, as does the Shelby Focus ST and the Shelby GT).

Our new unified facility brought so much efficiency, we are now able to make more than we need, and will stock them for sale through SPP. Cowl covers, radiator covers, etc etc etc...

This was the FIRST hydro part we offered, introduced a few months ago: http://www.shelbystore.com/product-p/z75-shd-engcov.htm

Cowl covers are being clear coated any day now, and will be on our site soon.

Jer

So,now Jer has been let go,will we ever see any of this,time will tell I guess!!!!!!

They are complete, they were finished a few days ago.

As for them being offered, and when, I wouldn't know.

Jer

• 2 weeks later...

Never heard of hydro dipping. What is it?

Hit YOU TUBE and check out the Videos on how it is done. You can get ANY design that you can dream up, It is so cool to watch. I am thinking on buying another Harley just to have the Fenders, Tank and side Covers done with this design.....................

1225747934XBpLU0.jpg

RedTail:

Boy I really like the look of your hydro-dipped wiper cowl. I like the CF look as it should closely match my CF radiator cover. Question: How long does it take and what is the estimated cost? Question #2: How difficult is it to remove them?

I assume, I send them in to you to be done. Maybe it's best to wait for this winter to do this.

Thanks and really nice.

Kevin

Archived