TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Any Long Term Use Info >4.10 Gear Install Stock Daily Drivers

Our 07sgt5466 is all stock what are people thoughts of the 4.10 gear v.s. 3.55 ?

1st to short ?

rev to high on hwy.?

etc...

Just thinking out loud?

p.s. 5spd v.s. 6spd i have not drove a 6spd is it like 2 over drives , or /

thanks

GOD Bless

Jim &Judy

post-35543-0-01525000-1398186857_thumb.jpg

I have 4.10s in my daily driver...they are awesome and they have their drawbacks. You can pass anything, but a gas station. You'll be out of 1st before you get through the intersection. about 80mph at 3000rpm. I'm planning on getting the Magnum XL (T-56) 6-speed but you also need a new clutch and 1-piece drive shaft to install. I haven't recalibrated the ECM for the new gears so I don't have actual MPG numbers but on the surface it appears to be significantly lower...but it's also tough not to get on it and every opportunity ;)

I've had 410's for about 2 years now. I love'em and would never go back to a taller gear. I knew going in mileage would be decreased, I really didn't care. I was looking for the performance gain and got what I wanted.

I've had the 4:10's since 2008, would never go back to the 3:55's. I think I may have lost a little bit of highway fuel economy but it actually felt like my in town fuel economy improved a bit. It made 5th gear much more useable In city driving. I have 62000 miles on it now and it is my daily driver. These gears made it a lot more fun on the street and at the track.

I've had 410's about 5 years now. It feels like you gained 50 h.p. My car is a GTSC now but the 410's are the cheapest mod with the most performance you can get.If my car had factory 373's then I probably would have left it alone but 410's are a pretty good jump from the 355's so there is a significant difference in the gears so that you can really feel the difference. Great mod.

• 2 weeks later...

I purchased from AM and bought the kit but if I was to do it again I would buy just the gears. I pulled the rear end and did the gears on jack stands. The bearings from AM were the wrong thickness so I had to purchase OEM bearings.

Great MOD.....

I purchased from AM and bought the kit but if I was to do it again I would buy just the gears. I pulled the rear end and did the gears on jack stands. The bearings from AM were the wrong thickness so I had to purchase OEM bearings.

Great MOD.....

Archived