TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Awesome Coincidence!

69deluxe

Got home from work today and decided to take the car out for some much needed 93octane (I was able to get gas into it today, but that's a different thread :banghead:). Anyhoo, I'm waiting to pull out of my neighborhood when a Red/White Ford GT drives by. I pull out and follow him for awhile. He starts respectfully weaving through traffic to the clear area ahead and I follow. I thought sure he was going to hammer it and I was ready (yeah, I know I'd get my ass handed to me, but what the hell)! He doesn't. Instead he pulls over to the slow lane and lets me get beside him. Both of us with the windows down and giving the thumbs up! How awesome was that! For about 5miles it was a wonderful sight-- two 500+HP Fords with the same color combination cruising side-by-side. I bet people thought we were going to some show together. Anyway, we grinned, waved, and parted. :headspin:

And, no, I didn't bring the camera...thought I was just going out for a quicky and back. :doh: Note to self: store the camera in the car!

Got home from work today and decided to take the car out for some much needed 93octane (I was able to get gas into it today, but that's a different thread :banghead:). Anyhoo, I'm waiting to pull out of my neighborhood when a Red/White Ford GT drives by. I pull out and follow him for awhile. He starts respectfully weaving through traffic to the clear area ahead and I follow. I thought sure he was going to hammer it and I was ready (yeah, I know I'd get my ass handed to me, but what the hell)! He doesn't. Instead he pulls over to the slow lane and lets me get beside him. Both of us with the windows down and giving the thumbs up! How awesome was that! For about 5miles it was a wonderful sight-- two 500+HP Fords with the same color combination cruising side-by-side. I bet people thought we were going to some show together. Anyway, we grinned, waved, and parted. :headspin:

And, no, I didn't bring the camera...thought I was just going out for a quicky and back. :doh: Note to self: store the camera in the car!

Great experience! Thanks for sharing it!

WOW - that must have been a cool experience :yup::yup: Imagine, until recently did you ever think you would be able to say Ford has TWO 500hp sport/performance vehicles... :beerchug: For all teh grief I give Ford (mainly due to bean-counter inspired moves) they must be doing something right :hyper:

Awesome...great story. I can't compete...I mostly end up next to Civics. :fan:

I mostly see Civics as well which is why my mouth dropped when the GT drove by. I just couldn't believe it was the same color combo. I know of two others in the immediate area (tungsten/silver and white/blue) but didn't saw the red one until then.

They didn't make Grabber Orange GT's did they........sigh......I'll never know the feeling.... :baby:

Don't give up just yet! You may actually meet a Ford GTX-1 (convertible GT) which is very close (if not the same) to grabber orange. Edmunds GTX-1

WOW - that must have been a cool experience :yup::yup: Imagine, until recently did you ever think you would be able to say Ford has TWO 500hp sport/performance vehicles... :beerchug: For all teh grief I give Ford (mainly due to bean-counter inspired moves) they must be doing something right :hyper:

Yeah, I was sad to see the GT end production. It has killer lines. Now let's hope they make the GR-1.

That must have been awesome. The GT is such a great looking car, but I have never seen one on the road around here (then again, I have never seen a GT500 on the road around here either). Civics are plentiful around here though!

69deluxe, That is a cool story. Yes, keep your camera stored in your car. I had a vey similar experience about 2 weeks ago except the Ford GT Red/White was going the opposite direction. A guy I work with told me today that he saw a Vista Blue/White 67 GT500 yesterday in my suburb. Pretty incredible. I am hoping our paths cross sometime. I will be keeping my camera in my car too! You just never know who/what you will run across.

Cool story. People I work with are always telling me they see Shelby's, Ford GT's and lightnings all the time. I drive my Lightning everyday and rarely ever see another one. I never have seen a Shelby or a GT on the street here in the valley. A friend of my brother in law has a heritage paint Ford Gt and I have never seen it either.

Archived