TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Rear End Mods

Just drove 5 hours round trip to Pro-Dyno in Fort Mill SC and the odometer turned over the Big One Ohhh !

CA_04211415455316-L.jpg

Having them install the following:

Moser Axles (ARP Long wheel studs)

Detroit TrueTrac

KR500 differential cover

Shelby (Fays2) Watts Link

and remove my N20 system ( thanks to an idiot move on my part and an even bigger idiot at my insurance company)

Will be picking it up on Friday and I will post pictures this weekend

Andrew

I had standing instructions with my dad to remove the N2O before coming to see me in the hospital if I ever piled it up... this was on my '68 years back.... hagerty doesn't approve either.

I LOVE the truetrac, I bet your sgt will be much more predictable with all that, and IMO they start out pretty damn good!

Yeah I went through all the insurance companies and finally had to give in. Just means I need to start savings for a supercharger. These are the final mods until the SC. I have heard good things about the truetrac. And have been wanting a watts from day one.

Hope you are doing well and still enjoying your Whipple

Andrew

Doing great, thanks :)

The whipple will probably never get old lol... the sound alone makes me smile every time I stomp on it still.

What blower are you going with this time?

probably a Paxton cause I really like my FRPP intake and the STB .....my tuner wants me to go with a pro-charger but I like the history between Paxton and Shelby

probably a Paxton cause I really like my FRPP intake and the STB .....my tuner wants me to go with a pro-charger but I like the history between Paxton and Shelby

Good for you sticking to want you want. My experience with Mr. Desio is that his opinion is ALWAYS right regardless of what else is out there. Probably also has very little experience with the Paxton and attempting to sway you to what he knows.

Good for you sticking to want you want. My experience with Mr. Desio is that his opinion is ALWAYS right regardless of what else is out there. Probably also has very little experience with the Paxton and attempting to sway you to what he knows.

Yeah, he is a Pro-charger dealer. I had a great guy up here in the mountains but unfortunately he died too young,(John Hefner owner of Appalachian Performance) And I was left with limited options around here and Dan is the closest (2 1/2 hours) that I trust with my car. I most always stick to my guns on what I want seeing how it is my money I am spending.

I'm currently on the lookout for someone new with an in ground dyno. Underground Racing has one, but they got away from Mustangs and moved to Vipers, Ford GT's, Ferrari's, and Lamborghini's. They are the best tuners in town.... just very little time to help out an old friend if you aren't spending a ton of money. Just about all their project cars are twin turbo super high HP animals.

Detroit TrueTrac

KR500 differential cover

Shelby (Fays2) Watts Link

Andrew

My setup exactly (except that I used Strange stock-length wheel studs). It added some NVH, but it works, and works very well.

Nice time to add a KR Axle Reservoir, BTW. I also painted my axle housing, installed big back brakes, and did 3.73 gears at the same time, since I'm a subscriber to the expensive "While we're IN there..." rule... LOL

Jer

My setup exactly (except that I used Strange stock-length wheel studs). It added some NVH, but it works, and works very well.

Nice time to add a KR Axle Reservoir, BTW. I also painted my axle housing, installed big back brakes, and did 3.73 gears at the same time, since I'm a subscriber to the expensive "While we're IN there..." rule... LOL

Jer

Thanks for the suggestions, I was following your lead (to be honest) . Went with ARP wheel studs since I already have the,m on the front. I momentarily debated switching to 3.73 but I love my 4.10's so I am keeping them. Already have a KR Axle reservoir and painted axle housing and Wilwood big brakes in the back & front. I also agree with doing mods in groups while we're in there.

These will be the final mods until I go with a SC (except maybe the rear shock tower brace)

Thanks

Andrew

NICE! LOL...

You can't go wrong with ARP, and matching the fronts makes perfect sense.

Enjoy!

Jer

Andrew - looking forward to seeing the pics. :camera:

Detroit TrueTrac

KR500 differential cover

Shelby (Fays2) Watts Linkage

Andrew

Not sure if it is the differential, watts link or lug nuts but the shelby drives totally different and just went to another level of awesomness

this is the only photo until tomorrow

CA_04251421092416-L.jpg

Will be selling the panhard bar, brace and differential cover

The Watts makes a huge difference…. that's probably the most noticeable mod I've done besides the blower and the brakes.

Jer

There ya go. Paxton baby! One thing tho, I doubt the 2200 wouuld fit with the FRPP intake and TB. My 1500 rubs on the TB a little. It's tight!

There ya go. Paxton baby! One thing tho, I doubt the 2200 wouuld fit with the FRPP intake and TB. My 1500 rubs on the TB a little. It's tight!

Thanks I will holler at you before I pull the trigger, can't be any tighter than my steering shaft with ARH LT's and the 1/2" drop BMR K-member :)

Thanks I will holler at you before I pull the trigger, can't be any tighter than my steering shaft with ARH LT's and the 1/2" drop BMR K-member :)

Absolutely. You might be surprised. The Paxton kit is tight everywhere. The 1200 is the same case as mine so I imagine the mount is identical. Piping is tight too around the oil filter if you are going to get an intercooler(air to air anyway). I had to run a remote oil filter up under the fender. All in all I"m happy with it though, I haven't had to mess with it since.

Car looking good btw!

Absolutely. You might be surprised. The Paxton kit is tight everywhere. The 1200 is the same case as mine so I imagine the mount is identical. Piping is tight too around the oil filter if you are going to get an intercooler(air to air anyway). I had to run a remote oil filter up under the fender. All in all I"m happy with it though, I haven't had to mess with it since.

Car looking good btw!

Thanks for the compliment. Already have oil filter relocated and FRPP slimmer Fan so headed in the right direction.

You don't need the cover to add the reservoir. It attaches to the existing vent tube on the top of the axle tube.

Jer

Archived