TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Mgw V. Barton Shifter

stevenh

I've read a lot of posts here on both brands, guys who have each seem to love them equally so as far as quality goes I suppose it doesn't matter. I'm going after a vicious 1-2 grind and was wondering if one was best for addressing that specific issue? If there is any other reason to go with one over the other I'd appreciate hearing about that also. Thanks

You should probably read up on the clutch tsb repair issue, Grabber has a good one posted.

Also, chances are good that you have some damaged syncros and possibly 2nd gear.

Once that has been addressed, a fluid upgrade to Royal Purple will help with the shifting.

Although a nice upgrade, the shifter itself is probably the least of your worries for now.

You can firm up the oem shifter by getting rid of the rubber bushings on the upper shift arm assembly.

Good Luck!

Well I think the 1-2 shift sucks, grinds during WOT but dealership blew it off, can't help. So wanted to try the shifter first, a lot of guys seemed to think it helped. If that don't work I guess its a complete teardown.

Archived