TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2 Cool Things About The 2015 Mustang

David Hawkins

2 very COOL things about the 2015 Mustang.................

ONE: there will be Mustangs all over it, one special Mustang is on the under side of the Hood under the Liner. The cool part is, during certain times of Weather, a Mustang will appear on the TOP side of the Hood.

TWO: The Mustang GT will have a "Line Lock" to help with doing "Burn Outs". It will be standard on ALL 2015 Mustang GT's.

What is the source of your information about the line lock? I ask only because it sounds odd that Ford would make standard equipment a device that can only be used to abuse the car (from the manufactuer's point of, not the enthusiast's point of view) and something that would appeal to only a small minority of buyers. I'm curious more than anything. Thanks.

Jim

I can't believe they would put a line lock on a production car. The liability issues have to be very high. I'm betting you have to stand on your head and tap your tummy to activate it. In other words, if you use this and go through the hoops to turn it on you abide by the "you won't sue us" rule.

What is the source of your information about the line lock? I ask only because it sounds odd that Ford would make standard equipment a device that can only be used to abuse the car (from the manufactuer's point of, not the enthusiast's point of view) and something that would appeal to only a small minority of buyers. I'm curious more than anything. Thanks.

Jim

The CHIEF Engineer was at the Banquet and not only did he say that it was Standard in ALL 2015 GT's, he should a Video that showed how to use it. It has Steering Wheel Controls.

I can't believe they would put a line lock on a production car. The liability issues have to be very high. I'm betting you have to stand on your head and tap your tummy to activate it. In other words, if you use this and go through the hoops to turn it on you abide by the "you won't sue us" rule.

The "Line Lock" only holds for 15 seconds.

Yep, the line lock was one of the big announcements over the weekend at the 50th events.

I could have run through a set of tires on my Shelby GT without a line lock. Just press on the brake a little, put it in 2nd and give it the gas (mine was an auto). Same with the Cobra except it wanted to go around in circles. And the GT will spin 2 for 1. Some cars just won't do a straight line burnout.

2 very COOL things about the 2015 Mustang.................

ONE: there will be Mustangs all over it, one special Mustang is on the under side of the Hood under the Liner. The cool part is, during certain times of Weather, a Mustang will appear on the TOP side of the Hood.

TWO: The Mustang GT will have a "Line Lock" to help with doing "Burn Outs". It will be standard on ALL 2015 Mustang GT's.

You forgot # 3: The Mustang will FINALLY have an IRS!!!

I know..... but I just want to re-emphasize. :clapping:

In FACT.....the ONLY way you can get a Straight Axle in a 2015 Mustang is to order a "Body In White" with it. Not sure if they plan to produce a 2015 Cobra Jet and if it will have a Straight Axle or not.

This is the first I have heard that you will be able to see the image of the Mustang on the outside of the hood during certain weather conditions.

What type of weather conditions will allow the image to be seen on the outside of the hood? Are there any photos of it on the internet?

This is the first I have heard that you will be able to see the image of the Mustang on the outside of the hood during certain weather conditions.

What type of weather conditions will allow the image to be seen on the outside of the hood? Are there any photos of it on the internet?

The way the Hood is designed, if there is Frost on the Hood and you start the engine, as the Frost melts you will get to see the Running Mustang Logo for a while. It looked like it will be about 18 to 20 inches long. They said that they expect a lot of People that are into showing their Mustangs will be removing the Under Hood Insulation to show off the Embossed Mustang. They had the actual Hood at the Banquet to show us.

Archived