TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Wide Body Kit

Hoss'Snake

I'm thinking about investing in the Wide Body Kit for my Shelby. As you all probably know its a pretty hefty price tag when you incorporate a nice set of 13" wide wheels and some good rubber to boot. What do you guys all think of that look? Sometimes from some angles I think it looks awesome and from others I don't see it being worth the $$$?

Do you mind posting pics of yours with the wide body kit on the rear? The ones I've seen all look like they sit a little higher with the wide body kit on them. I like my Stang to sit low I don't want it jacked up. Thanks for your help!

I love the widebody kits on convertibles, myself.

Jer

I was one of the first to do a full wide body on a convertible GT350, it is awesome and always wins any voting in any show I take it to. Well worth the money. Boxy? I don't think so.

Thats a beautiful Stang! Question; when they did the kit did they have to add new rocker panels? I currently have carbon fiber rocker panels and don't want to have to get rid of them or buy new ones. I was also wondering about the rear diffuser, mine is carbon fiber and has the rear splitters as well, on the 2012 they wrap all the way around the side so I'm wondering about that as well?

Thanks for your help.

This should help.....................

That did help, thank you lol. I posted some questions above not sure if you have time to look at those although I know yours is a 13 or 14 so not really the same issues.

Thats a beautiful Stang! Question; when they did the kit did they have to add new rocker panels? I currently have carbon fiber rocker panels and don't want to have to get rid of them or buy new ones. I was also wondering about the rear diffuser, mine is carbon fiber and has the rear splitters as well, on the 2012 they wrap all the way around the side so I'm wondering about that as well?

Thanks for your help.

Thanks! Yes, since the only thing remaining from the original GT is the doors, the one piece rocker panels have to be replaced to fit the flares on front and rear. Also, the entire front and rear fascias are replaced, and the spoiler out back is the one from the GT500. The front splitter is also a new unit especially for the GT350. That all fits together very well and blends. Not sure how the wide body kit would effect your front and rear units, as my units were made especially for the wide body at SAI. But I suspect mods would be necessary to get the flare smooth.

Thanks! Yes, since the only thing remaining from the original GT is the doors, the one piece rocker panels have to be replaced to fit the flares on front and rear. Also, the entire front and rear fascias are replaced, and the spoiler out back is the one from the GT500. The front splitter is also a new unit especially for the GT350. That all fits together very well and blends. Not sure how the wide body kit would effect your front and rear units, as my units were made especially for the wide body at SAI. But I suspect mods would be necessary to get the flare smooth.

Shit, that sucks, that means I have to get rid of my carbon fiber rocker panels....

Thanks for the info, I appreciate you taking the time.

My rear fascia is original. It has enough flex to match the new rear quarters. The rocker panels have a new flare grafted to match. Still won't work with your carbon fiber.

Thanks for your help!

My rear fascia is original. It has enough flex to match the new rear quarters. The rocker panels have a new flare grafted to match. Still won't work with your carbon fiber.

+1.

I discussed this with Gary Davis at Barrett Jackson last fall in Vegas.

He explained that when the rear facia comes off, it actually opens up to the width of the new quarter panels.

The fronts on the GT500's do the same thing.

Now if they can incorporate functioning vents front and rear………………………...

Those are Shelby Wheels.

I know those are Shelby wheels I just didn't know what style and where to order 13" wide Shelby wheels from? Thanks for getting back.

Had plenty of great feedback on mine in Vegas (as well as on the +4500 mile round trip).

Just be cautious of tire rub from the inside of the fender. I was told this was a know issue at SA, yet they failed to inform those customers who had purshased the option early on. FAIL

Had plenty of great feedback on mine in Vegas (as well as on the +4500 mile round trip).

Just be cautious of tire rub from the inside of the fender. I was told this was a know issue at SA, yet they failed to inform those customers who had purshased the option early on. FAIL

Is the tire rub on the front or rear? I haven't seen any evidence of a rub but sometimes when I hit a dip in the road that causes suspension compression I hear something rub. I thought it might be the exhaust dragging but haven't seen any indication of that. Maybe it's the rear tires on the inside of the fender.

Is the tire rub on the front or rear? I haven't seen any evidence of a rub but sometimes when I hit a dip in the road that causes suspension compression I hear something rub. I thought it might be the exhaust dragging but haven't seen any indication of that. Maybe it's the rear tires on the inside of the fender.

Rear, both sides. There are actually groves in the tire from the inner lip of the fender.

I had my car loaded, 4-200 pounders plus luggage, on a road trip for about 200 miles, and yes on dips with full spring compression, the rear did rub a bit. But, I have never experienced that without a full load.

We had about 150lbs of bagagge total on top of my wife and I (not even 100lbs total in the trunk). Made a similar trip to the Dells last year but did not notice it much. (500 miles)

I did notice it consistently before on slow turns into driveways that were not flat.

I was more PO'd that the MCA setup took precedence of paying SA customers. They said they could not bring it into the shop on Friday afternoon and put it on the lift. So knowing there was an issue we left sat am regardless, and I cringed every time we rubbed.

Rear, both sides. There are actually groves in the tire from the inner lip of the fender.

We had about 150lbs of bagagge total on top of my wife and I (not even 100lbs total in the trunk). Made a similar trip to the Dells last year but did not notice it much. (500 miles)

I did notice it consistently before on slow turns into driveways that were not flat.

I was more PO'd that the MCA setup took precedence of paying SA customers. They said they could not bring it into the shop on Friday afternoon and put it on the lift. So knowing there was an issue we left sat am regardless, and I cringed every time we rubbed.

Are the grooves on the sidewall or the tread? I'm going to take a close look tonight to see if I have any signs of that.

Is the rub coming from the fiberglass overlay or what remains of the original sheetmetal?

Has SA proposed a fix?

Archived