TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New 2014 Vert

Torched10

Boost gauge is an option in the center screen. Use the keypad on left side of wheel to go to the right and you should be able to scroll down to boost. When boost is highlighted you can hit the square select button on that left side pad and it'll show you a boost gauge.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man. Thanks a lot. Who knew. I didn't feel or hear the sc today. Tried s hard acceleration and didn't eave any rubber. Went out in 1st into 2nd hard throttle. Nothing. I'll look at the boisterous gauge tonorrow and see what's happening. What psi should see. Thanks again

I'm no expert on these and mechanically inept but you should get about 15 lbs of boost. If you aren't prob one of two things: either it hasn't kicked on due to that 50 start or however many consecutive miles, or there's a plug near the SC that didn't get plugged in (as I recall a few people have had this issue). There's not a lot of SC whine but I do hear it a bit when the top is down. Also when it's working it's tough to keep the tires from spinning in 1st and 2nd.

Ok, heres the pics of the new car.I now have boost--hit 50mph on highway,and floored it slowly and boost hit 13psi.I have driven 2 other new cars and they would spin tires easily in 1st and 2nd easily.This car wont--its almost like my 2010 shelby.maybe Imbeing too cautious,but from all Ive read,it should be getting squirelly more often.Cant imagine if the boost is there why its not more responsive.I do drive with TC on,and launch control off---could TC off prevent tire spin in 1st and 2nd.Maybe its Gods way of keeping me from killing myself---any thoughts--i do love the new exhaust,wheels and suspension.I was going to buy Pilots but with my current non spin performance, i may not need them

post-24281-0-55814100-1398613309_thumb.jpg

post-24281-0-11801400-1398613321_thumb.jpg

post-24281-0-64619800-1398613332_thumb.jpg

Mine was squirrelly almost all the time on factory GY rubber, which would easily break free in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.

Keep in mind, however, the car has pretty effective electronic nannies to protect us from ourselves and the GYs. When you're comfortable doing so, try putting it into Sport Mode or disabling the nannies altogether.

Modes_zps5c3adff8.jpg

Thanks. So with .tc on tires would spin in 1st. Thru 3rd. Mine isn't doing that at all. I hate to bring it to service this soon

You're welcome. Breaking the GYs loose was a pretty simple matter, though TC would intervene to prevent "excessive" wheel spin. Really spinning the tires requires TC to be in Sport Mode or Off.

I'm just wondering the dealer rushed thru the Ford inspection and could they have knocked a hose or connection loose. If so any guesses as to which ones. I'm not getting any codes

That's possible, but the more likely scenario is that the car isn't out of the initial "crippled" mode in which they ship. IIRC, it takes FIVE CONSECUTIVE MILES OF DRIVING or 50 COLD STARTS to unlock. I know you said you're seeing boost, but are you SURE it's unlocked?

Weird! I agree with 1TUF14SHELBY, that 13lbs of boost is low, but it should still have no trouble breaking GYs loose. I think a visit to your local dealer is probably in order...

BTW, your "you have to grow old,but you can stay immature forever" tag line is great! My wife would say I'm living proof of it.

That doesn't sound quite right. I mean in know the 80 degree weather is going to help with traction down here, but even my 09 with 150hp less is capable of getting a little wiggle out of it's rear 285's and I'm riding on Nitto NT555's which are much stickier than the Goodyears supposedly are.

This car came from Houston. And atl is 1000ft higher. Thinking maybe computer is,still adjusting. I'll give it mire time

Not trying to be a naysayer, but I drove mine from Elma, WA (elevation ~50 feet) to Monument, CO (elevation ~7000 feet). I did so in a span of only 3 days, crossing the Continental Divide along the way. The ECU adjusted to the changing conditions in real-time and I never experienced what you're describing. Something doesn't sound right...

Git.the car today. I'll post pics. Too lazy to read manuals. But fit life of me don't see a boosts gauge on the 2014 like my 10. Is there one

it's a digital boost gauge, you can chose to have it visible in the center digital screen where the pony/cobra logo pops up at start up.

Yeah mike. Git that going. Git boisterous up to 13/14. In 5th.on 400.so think I've got plenty of boost. To me it jus t doesn't have throttle response it should. Bit its still a great car to drive and maybe its stopping Mr from killing myself maybe my wife I'd behind it. There's s bop car show at Marriott windy hill its for buicks olds and pontiacs. But I know all the guys so if its nice o may just drive ive it there

Brought it in to Ford. It was a vacuum hose. Runs great. Thanks for all the ideas. Bob

That's great news! I trust you're sufficiently impressed with its acceleration and ability to break the GYs loose, now that it's performing "normally"?

Brought it in to Ford. It was a vacuum hose. Runs great. Thanks for all the ideas. Bob

Glad to hear it was a nice and easy fix.

I had the hill start assist on my Honda and it was nice, but it also caused me to stall the car a time or two when it would engage and I wasn't expecting it to.

Well pulled the trigger today on a deep blue white stripe car. Shipping from.Houston to atl. Anyone know production numbers for this one. Didn't want recaros and it was the only one in us with lumbar seats. Traded my 10

Did you buy your '14 without seeing it in person? If so, did you do a round trip ship, your trade shipped to Houston and the '14 to Atlanta?

i bought it sight unseen--but had caveat about driving it first, no smoker smells,no dings etc,or paint damage, top not damamged etc--if anything unacceptible, i could reject the car.It only had 11miles on it,The way these cars are set up,the SC doenst engage and engine doosnet go past 4000rpm until the car is driven 40 times or exceeds continuous driving,ie no stops for 5miles, I paid transport$1000. need them to use a a rollback,not a car carrier.Im 69 and have a back issue,otherwisei wold have loved to just fly in and drive it home.But with a trade involved,the logistics of trading locally and buying from Houston made picking it up harder.

I boiught mine thru a large Shelby dealer Sandy Springs Ford, so he could just add it to his fleet of cars if I rejected it--a smaller dealer may not do that.These cars are great.BTW Im a Bronx guy,Pelham Bay

• 2 weeks later...

It's may 17 in downtown norcross. They close the streets. Usually maybe 150 cars. Judged show top 25. There'll be maybe25 new cars. 5 or so shelbys. My buddy bring his 68. Well organized not many kids/strollers. Google the show. I'll bring ny new car. PMmeaswe get close and ill save you a spot Bob

I went over on Sat, got there right at 10:00am and it was already full and couldn't get anywhere near the show. I actually saw you headed in the other direction so you must have had same exp. Glad I didn't stay, rained right as I got home.

Sorry to heR that. I held a spot in the fenced in area I had to leave eArly. I git there at 9. Next time well meet up and drive in at same time. I'll give you head up on next big shop. Bob. BTW what size michelins should I get

Sorry to heR that. I held a spot in the fenced in area I had to leave eArly. I git there at 9. Next time well meet up and drive in at same time. I'll give you head up on next big shop. Bob. BTW what size michelins should I get

That sounds like a great idea. Seeing three convertible Shelby's at a show like that has to be a bit of an odd sight. There are a couple other vert owners in ATL as well. With enough notice we may be able to gather up quit the ragtop crew.

Archived