TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Recommendations For Rotors

spluchar

Hi Sebastien,

Nice color combo.........

I use Stoptech slotted rotors front and rear on my 2010 and so far they have held up really well for both street and track. I purchased mine from Autoanything.com. Front rotors sell for about $110 each and rears are $84 each.

Mark

DBA and Stillen both offer a couple of different setups and different price points. My car had DBA 5000 in front & 4000 in back and they were equally competent for street and at the track. They weren't cheap though.

Tks. They seem to be one of the best rotors but, like you said, they are pricey (around $400 each)..

Hi Sebastien,

Nice color combo.........

I use Stoptech slotted rotors front and rear on my 2010 and so far they have held up really well for both street and track. I purchased mine from Autoanything.com. Front rotors sell for about $110 each and rears are $84 each.

Mark

Hi Mark,

Tks for your quick response. Nice color combo as well... I added a thin black layer on each side of the red stripes on my Shelby and it brings out the red even more!

Have you used the Stoptech rotors on road courses or drag strip? How long do you think they could live for? Price is very attractive compared..

Hi Mark,

Tks for your quick response. Nice color combo as well... I added a thin black layer on each side of the red stripes on my Shelby and it brings out the red even more!

Have you used the Stoptech rotors on road courses or drag strip? How long do you think they could live for? Price is very attractive compared..

I use them on road courses and they work great. They made a noticable difference in stopping distances. As to how long they will live is anyone's guess. I have three track days and about 2000 miles on them and they are still in excellent shape. I'm hoping for at least two to three years worth of use out of these rotors, but time will tell. Heck, for the full set price of less than $400, I'm starting to think of them as a disposable item like brake pads.

Mark

I use them on road courses and they work great. They made a noticable difference in stopping distances. As to how long they will live is anyone's guess. I have three track days and about 2000 miles on them and they are still in excellent shape. I'm hoping for at least two to three years worth of use out of these rotors, but time will tell. Heck, for the full set price of less than $400, I'm starting to think of them as a disposable item like brake pads.

Mark

Good thinking Mark ;) Tks for the info. I am ordering them now and will let you know if anything wrong happens with those rotors in future..

Good thinking Mark ;) Tks for the info. I am ordering them now and will let you know if anything wrong happens with those rotors in future..

I think you will like them. The one thing you will have to get used to is the rumbling sound slotted rotors make when braking. What kind of brake pads are you going to be using with them?

Mark

I think you will like them. The one thing you will have to get used to is the rumbling sound slotted rotors make when braking. What kind of brake pads are you going to be using with them?

Mark

I know... I'm using the Hawk HP+. I will see how they perform with the Stoptech rotors. Which ones are you using?

I know... I'm using the Hawk HP+. I will see how they perform with the Stoptech rotors. Which ones are you using?

Since I'm to cheap and lazy to change between track and race pads, I run Performance Friction Z-Rated pads. They are not a race pad, but I have never had them fade on me and, like a race pad, they actually get better with heat in them!

You can't go wrong with the HP+ pads for track days.

Mark

• 5 months later...

Try www.Racingbrake.com

I'm running slotted compound rotors (cross drilled inside the slots) from these guys on my soon-to-be sold 2008 Mercedes Benz ML63. I noticed they sell them for my hopefully-by-week's-end GT500KR. Came close to buying the calipers as an upgrade. Great pricing. Toss them in the ring. I'll be buying a full set if the Stang deal doesn't die tomorrow.

BTW, I'm not new, but I haven't been on the boards for a while. The red one was mine until about 7 months ago. Owned her for more than three years as my daily driver. NEVER ONCE did she let me down.

The black one I've signed the ppw on, but I found the rear shocks are from a vanilla stang and the front lip is a CF version for my old red one. The KR is sickle shaped and very straight and costs $900. What else will I find?

post-43968-0-13760500-1411454297_thumb.jpg

post-43968-0-68492900-1411454520_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Archived