TEAM SHELBY FORUM

So What Would U Say 5Th Gear,down Shift To Race What Gear?

Geneo4116

SO LETS SAY YOUR CRUZIN DOWN THE ROAD RUNNIN ABOUT 60 to 65 MPH,IN 5th GEAR,AND SOMEBODY PULLS UP ON THE SIDE WANTIN TO HIT IT,WOULD U DROP DOWN TO 3rd GEAR OR 2ND, AND U FIGURE ITS GONNA BE A GOOD RUN SO YA KNOW U WANNA WIN ,SO CONDITIONS ARE GOOD 70 DEGREES AND YOUR RUNNIN STREET TIRES MICHELIN SS,WHAT SAY U

2nd

5th to 2nd? What planet are you on? Guaranteed rear spin oversteer with a high compression high torque engine.. See the answer in the other topic.

I'd highly recommend a high performance driving class. The only time you do a 2nd downshift is from third. If you are higher go to 3 then to 2. Never to 2 or you'll lock the rear end up and a sideways or backwards event will follow.

5th to 2nd? What planet are you on? Guaranteed rear spin oversteer with a high compression high torque engine.. See the answer in the other topic.

I'd highly recommend a high performance driving class. The only time you do a 2nd downshift is from third. If you are higher go to 3 then to 2. Never to 2 or you'll lock the rear end up and a sideways or backwards event will follow.

I've been to quite a few high performance driving classes thank you very much. I know how to drive my car as well. my 09' gt500 had 700rwhp thanks to a kenne bell 2.8. my current 13' Shelby is a bit slower thank you very much. 60mph in 2nd gear in a car that redlines in 2nd at around 90mph...uh, yes. nothing wrong going from 6th gear to 2nd gear if you are going slow enough...rev matching makes the world go around...doesn't have to be spot on by the way. if I had a nickel for every time I dropped to 2nd or 3rd gear from 5th or 6th gear...I could buy another Shelby!...not really. maybe this is how you need to drive your car.

SO LETS SAY YOUR CRUZIN DOWN THE ROAD RUNNIN ABOUT 60 to 65 MPH,IN 5th GEAR,AND SOMEBODY PULLS UP ON THE SIDE WANTIN TO HIT IT,WOULD U DROP DOWN TO 3rd GEAR OR 2ND, AND U FIGURE ITS GONNA BE A GOOD RUN SO YA KNOW U WANNA WIN ,SO CONDITIONS ARE GOOD 70 DEGREES AND YOUR RUNNIN STREET TIRES MICHELIN SS,WHAT SAY U

Rev shift and drop it in 2nd. Hold till redline hit 3rd. Repeat till you run out of gears or you pass out whichever comes first.

Archived