TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Supercharger Resonator Eliminator

fordmanpa

Has anyone installed the supercharger resonator eliminator from Ford racing parts? Does it improve the sound (whine) of the supercharger?

Thanks

Gene

Hi Gene,

I have it on my 2010. It does increase the whine a tiny bit, but mostly what it does is clean up the air flow to the throttle body and eliminate that damn UGLY resonator.

Mark

I recently did the mod on my 14 and I also did the Aramid air filter at the same time and still barely can hear the supercharger. It is a very easy mod even with the strut bar in the way I had it done in less than 20 minutes.

• 2 weeks later...

Have the eliminator on my 2010 GT500 and @ WOT you can hear more whine for sure.

You would probably be surprised at how much these cars already whine, but we (okay, *I*) just can't hear it. My neighbor once asked me if mine was supercharged because he could hear it whine when I drove by him. *I* can't hear any whine at all from inside the car, windows up OR down.

Then last weekend at the Mojave Mile I mounted a Go Pro dead center of my upper grille and ran the last few runs with it recording. ALL I can hear is the SC whine, and LOUD too. Ford did a really good job with noise reduction in the cockpit, which is FINE with me. I don't imagine listening to a high pitched whine for thousands of miles would be any fun at all.

YMMV,

Phill

After installing the CAI and tune about three weeks ago, I was simply AMAZED at how much louder the whine is with the tune!! I absolutely love it. Kicks in much earlier, and the additional air flow really kicks booty........

Thank you Jon Lund!!

Mike

PS. Also got rid of that pesky upshift arrow on the dash!!!

You would probably be surprised at how much these cars already whine, but we (okay, *I*) just can't hear it. My neighbor once asked me if mine was supercharged because he could hear it whine when I drove by him. *I* can't hear any whine at all from inside the car, windows up OR down.

Then last weekend at the Mojave Mile I mounted a Go Pro dead center of my upper grille and ran the last few runs with it recording. ALL I can hear is the SC whine, and LOUD too. Ford did a really good job with noise reduction in the cockpit, which is FINE with me. I don't imagine listening to a high pitched whine for thousands of miles would be any fun at all.

YMMV,

Phill

It's funny how this seems to work. I can hear some S/C whine when I have the throttle wide open, but last time during a track day, several of the corner workers came up to me during the lunch break and said they always knew it was me coming over the hill towards their corner because they could hear the S/C screaming from about an 1/8 mile away!

Speaking of the Mojave Mile Phill (and I don't mean to highjack the thread), are you going to "share" the videos so we can all enjoy seeing you break out at 180?

Inquiring eyeballs want to see.............and hear...........

Mark

Speaking of the Mojave Mile Phill (and I don't mean to highjack the thread), are you going to "share" the videos so we can all enjoy seeing you break out at 180?

Inquiring eyeballs want to see.............and hear...........

Mark

Yep, after I get back home & figure out how to share 'em they'll be available to all.

Phill

• 2 weeks later...

I added in the resonator delete and thought it made a huge difference in the sound of the whine. The first time I got on it after the install I had a small panic moment before I realized that the scream I was hearing was because of the resonator delete, it was markedly different. :clapping: Looks nice too and was an easy instal! Unfortunately the main reason for the install was so that I could add a strut tower brace and clear the resonator, but finding the strut brace is turning into a flipping nightmare...I am not ready to spend $499 on one...grrrrr! But still glad I did the resonator delete...Do it!

The person who has been helping me try to find the strut bar had to change his out for the strut brace to work, it would not clear the original resonator...I am not sure if I would have had the same problem since I sorta did this all a little backwards (still looking for an affordable strut tower brace, not the $499 Ford racing is charging for the one I originally wanted), maybe the 2013 Shelby (his car) has a higher profile in that area than my 2012 which was why he had to change it out and he just thought the same would apply to mine???...it was still a good choice though, hearing that supercharger scream through the resonator delete is SO MUCH FUN!!!

The resonator delete was one of the first mods I did to my 2011, and yes, it did make a difference in the sound of the blower whine at WOT! The custom graphic just adds a little flair to the whole underhood look. LOL!

post-3447-0-36437000-1398968025_thumb.jpg

I have an extra resonator delete from Ford Racing if anybody needs one. I bought one, never put it on and then bought and installed the Ford 660 supercharger, which comes with one.

Do you still have the resonator delete? I tried to send you a PM a while back. Please let me know if you are interested in selling it by PM, or call me at, 815-275-5070. Thanks!

Ok.....so here I am about to install my resonator delete.....where in the heck do I start? I thought I was mechanically inclined, but this is proving otherwise.

I do not want to take off or loosen any unnecessary clamps

Thanks!

Max

Ok.....so here I am about to install my resonator delete.....where in the heck do I start? I thought I was mechanically inclined, but this is proving otherwise.

I do not want to take off or loosen any unnecessary clamps

Thanks!

Max

Remove the two on either end of the resonator. That's it.

Phill

2010KonaBlueGT,

Installed and looking good. My resonator was REALLY attached and DID NOT want to be removed. It just took a lil finesse.

Tomorrow is the car show at the Lowes at the Rim in San Antonio.

Great weekend!

2010KonaBlueGT,

Installed and looking good. My resonator was REALLY attached and DID NOT want to be removed. It just took a lil finesse.

Oh wow, I hadn'teven considered that the rubber hsd bonded to the res. tube. Too late now but I have a "special tool" for that purpose. Basically it's just a (ice) pick with a 45 degree bend on the end that allows you to insert it between the two and run it around the tube to separate the two. I generally give it shot of WD-40 then run it around to loosen them.

Phill

Hey Phil,

I have a new tool for that also (that's if I should ever have the need to do it again), its a big assed screw driver and gently work it around the tube....LOL. Well heres the heart of my Beast; The resonator delete tube and Steeda Strut Tower Brace.

post-42721-0-99297200-1399816713_thumb.jpg

Hey Phil,

I have a new tool for that also (that's if I should ever have the need to do it again), its a big assed screw driver and gently work it around the tube....LOL. Well heres the heart of my Beast; The resonator delete tube and Steeda Strut Tower Brace.

Maqueswell...do you have the part number for the Steeda Strut Tower barce? The setup looks good!!!

Archived