TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Processing?

Imatk

Email me directly, and I can look into it for you. Always the best route for questions.

Jer

The new shipping system went live 6 weeks ago.

Email me the order # so I can follow up for you.

Again, everyone, emailing me is the best way to get info or help...

Thanks!

Jer

Jer , I know it was delivered , I am not happy with the $35 ups charge, I can ship the same box back to you by ups for $10.

We will look into this.

As usual, everyone, a direct email to me about a shipping charge will get my attention to your matter.

Jer

Shipping is outta control.

Banner and wall clock cost me almost $30 std delivery. :shrug:

I'll be happy to look into that, too. Send me an email.

Jer (NevadaGator)

(BTW, our new shipping system is far less expensive the vast majority of the time now, not even close to what it used to be across the board. It's my job to know such things, of course, but I figured I'd share that info. So "outta control" is a bit strong, perhaps?)

:shrug:

Now how could you have a frowny face with that voluptuous young lady next to your car? Been eating wings and drinking beer at the Tilted Kilt? Sorry to get off topic.... had to comment on your new picture! :love_shower:

"Out of control" is definitely taking it too far, but there still appears to be some glitches in the shipping charges/options.

The USPS Ground option is no longer available, and the USPS Priority Mail International option is 3 - 4 times more expensive.

I bought a clock less than a month ago, recently showed it to a friend who also wanted one, but the current shipping cost killed the deal.

Just thought you might want to know.

"Out of control" is definitely taking it too far, but there still appears to be some glitches in the shipping charges/options.

The USPS Ground option is no longer available, and the USPS Priority Mail International option is 3 - 4 times more expensive.

I bought a clock less than a month ago, recently showed it to a friend who also wanted one, but the current shipping cost killed the deal.

Just thought you might want to know.

Different options appear depending on each individual order.

We are refining the choices based on weight, time, and distance...

Email us anytime the shipping charge seems unreaonable, it's a "work in progress"...

Jer

I'll be happy to look into that, too. Send me an email.

Jer (NevadaGator)

(BTW, our new shipping system is far less expensive the vast majority of the time now, not even close to what it used to be across the board. It's my job to know such things, of course, but I figured I'd share that info. So "outta control" is a bit strong, perhaps?)

My wife says I exaggerate too... :shrug:

Hey Jer, hope you guys don't take the shipping comments as criticism, but more as constructive input.

You guys are obviously making some good changes in refining your business.

There is method in our madness though, the less paid in shipping costs, the more money there is to spend for parts.

At least thats the way I look at it, pretty sure that I am not the only one though.

I like the parts that Shelby offers, high quality, decent price, wide selection all in one store, and clear descriptions in terms of application.

I just wish I could afford more of them :)

A consideration for your shipping department in regards to orders going to Canada would be that they stick to the shipping option that was offered and chosen on checkout.

For example on a recent order I choose the US Mail option, and shipping sent it via Fedex instead.

The result was another $22 added to the cost of the order in brokerage, taxes on brokerage and taxes.

The US Mail option would not have incurred any extra charges on smaller orders like that.

Not the end of the world, but changing the deal after the fact is not cool.

• 3 weeks later...

When I used the term "outrageous" on the other thread to describe my own personal interpretation of Shelby's shipping prices, I honestly hadn't even seen this thread. All the terms people used to describe their reaction to the shipping cost is natural and from the heart, and none of them should be implied to revise their terminology in the slightest.

To be fair, I know that configuring online shipping calculators is a major pain. You have to enter size and weight of each item, and all this gets thrown out the window when it comes time to boxing-up multiple items. However, all of this is easily fixed by a simple company policy that refunds all overage back to the customer without them having to e-mail the company to request it. This mirrors the direction of current trends with online shopping.

But in all honesty Jer, do you really think that this sentence right here:

(BTW, our new shipping system is far less expensive the vast majority of the time now, not even close to what it used to be across the board.

can be interpreted by customers as being a positive statement, especially considering it's your response to multiple cited examples?

hmmm :headscratch:

When I used the term "outrageous" on the other thread to describe my own personal interpretation of Shelby's shipping prices, I honestly hadn't even seen this thread. All the terms people used to describe their reaction to the shipping cost is natural and from the heart, and none of them should be implied to revise their terminology in the slightest.

To be fair, I know that configuring online shipping calculators is a major pain. You have to enter size and weight of each item, and all this gets thrown out the window when it comes time to boxing-up multiple items. However, all of this is easily fixed by a simple company policy that refunds all overage back to the customer without them having to e-mail the company to request it. This mirrors the direction of current trends with online shopping.

But in all honesty Jer, do you really think that this sentence right here:

can be interpreted by customers as being a positive statement, especially considering it's your response to multiple cited examples?

hmmm :headscratch:

It's a factual statement. I also believe it is seen as good news to posters who may not have purchased recently, and see that we are proceeding with our promise to revamp our shipping system.

It is not without glitches and growing pains, which is why I recommend anyone contact me directly if they sense something out-of-whack.

JDB, I am becoming convinced that your only interest on this forum is to criticize, argue, and be negative. I have tried several times to advise you on your post content in many threads here on TS, and it seems we're not getting anywhere. Feel free to email me directly if I'm mistaken.

Jer

JDB, I am becoming convinced that your only interest on this forum is to criticize, argue, and be negative. I have tried several times to advise you on your post content in many threads here on TS, and it seems we're not getting anywhere. Feel free to email me directly if I'm mistaken.

Jer

I'll second that

KP

Jer

I'll second that

KP

And I'll third it.

If it's that obvious to casual onlookers and/or non-employees, it's obviously over the top.

If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck.......

Phill

Feel free to email me directly if I'm mistaken.

Jer

No mistaken. I know you like to handle negative issues in private, and only sunshine in public. But that is asking a lot from :airquote: hte internets.

I guess you could ban me. Not sure if that makes things better or worse though. :headscratch::headspin:

I have an idea, how about some honest answers in public on the negative issues? I'll start: what do you think of my idea of proactively providing a refund for all the shipping charge overages, since shipping calculators are almost impossible to accurately calculate? I'll bet every single Shelby customer would be on board with that idea too. :thumbsup:

Archived