TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Fifth Annual “Snakes At The Lake” Tahoe Cruise – Saturday June 21, 2014

SVT NAJA

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jared,

Smart idea! Maybe next year we can consider getting a bank of rooms at the OTS Embassy Suites for Friday night and having a TS-PCR dinner at the Firehouse?

See you in the morning near Steamers.

Jim

That would be a nice call ... The Embassy Suites is nice here!

Just wanted to say thanks to Jim and his crew for putting on another awesome event! The weather, scenery, cars and people were all awesome once again.

I'll post some pics tomorrow once I have time to upload them to flickr.

Jim (and crew), another fantastic job, what a perfect day, and the decals and parting gifts were amazing. You are the man Jim.........I too will post pics tomorrow, trying to recover from 225 miles in the topless car..haha

Outstanding job Jim! Smooth as silk as always. Seemed like less traffic this time as well. Good job executing that end of the plan!!!

Here's a couple pics I took for those that weren't able to join us on this absolutely perfect weekend.

20140621_075034_zps8b1102e2.jpg

20140621_121041_zpsad560492.jpg

20140621_124627_zps10be453f.jpg

20140621_124615_zpse259f705.jpg

I want to thank everyone who attended “Snakes at the Lake” – 2014 this past weekend for contributing to another successful TS-PCR event. It’s your enthusiasm that makes these events possible. I also want to thank Russ, his wife and their local Tahoe Vista crew for making our stay enjoyable with a tasty BBQ, some great beverages and frozen treats. The weather was perfect for a scenic cruise to the Sierras and day at Lake Tahoe.

I was able to take a few pictures at the start of our day, but not after we left Old Town Sac. So if you have some good ones like those above, please post them up!

IMG_1269_zpsb78a905d.jpg

IMG_1268_zps28fa22d1.jpg

IMG_1266_zpsbf023837.jpg

IMG_1265_zpscd1819b8.jpg

IMG_1275_zps54d67eea.jpg

IMG_1278_zpsff5f4344.jpg

IMG_1276_zps5f473a79.jpg

IMG_1279_zpsf19f365b.jpg

The only thing I hated was that it ended so soon. Every car was awesome. Impossible for me to pick a favorite.

Below is a picture of the Sacto group arriving at Myers, California in the Sierras near Lake Tahoe to link up with the Reno/Sparks, Nevada group.

post-14599-0-56630300-1403641703_thumb.jpg

Awesome day at the lake! enjoyed meeting everyone and sharing the passion for our Fords ! kudos to Jim for an amzingly well run event! Hope to see everyone next year.

Cam

Great photos and videos. Thanks for sharing. Where is the location of this last photo looking over the blue hood Cobra?

Just past Northstar on Hwy 267 approaching the Truckee airport.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=truckee+ca&ll=39.302092,-120.113826&spn=0.015575,0.033023&client=safari&oe=UTF-8&hnear=Truckee,+Nevada+County,+California&gl=us&t=h&z=16&layer=c&cbll=39.302078,-120.113648&panoid=jjZpRMnJXw_TkwXx8_UMMQ&cbp=12,276.62,,1,0

As far as the blue hood Cobra, look a little closer...

Hi Jim,

Not sure if the trophy will be ready in time but I will be in Martinez next Thursday, July 3rd, I will be going through Concord. If it is ready I can stop by and pick it up, just let me know.

Thanks!

Danny

Jim,

If has been a long time since Shirley and I have been able to attend Snakes at the Lake. We still rememberd the first one because we had a nice time, when the opertuinity to attend this one aforded itself; we jumped on it without hesitation, it proved to be a good desicion.

GREAT PEOPLE with nice cars - can't go wrong with that combenation. I have to agree with what others have said; it was impossible to choose the best cars because all of them were worthly, but then I have a biase for the family of blue oval pony cars.

You have done a outstanding job of transforming this event from a simple drive around the like into a well orginized event and growning the attendence which show your commitment and the effort you have deicated to Snake at the Lake.

Well done sir!

Thank you.....

Hi Jim,

Not sure if the trophy will be ready in time but I will be in Martinez next Thursday, July 3rd, I will be going through Concord. If it is ready I can stop by and pick it up, just let me know.

Thanks!

Danny

Danny,

I'll call as soon as I hear from the vendor.

Jim

Jim,

If has been a long time since Shirley and I have been able to attend Snakes at the Lake. We still rememberd the first one because we had a nice time, when the opertuinity to attend this one aforded itself; we jumped on it without hesitation, it proved to be a good desicion.

GREAT PEOPLE with nice cars - can't go wrong with that combenation. I have to agree with what others have said; it was impossible to choose the best cars because all of them were worthly, but then I have a biase for the family of blue oval pony cars.

You have done a outstanding job of transforming this event from a simple drive around the like into a well orginized event and growning the attendence which show your commitment and the effort you have deicated to Snake at the Lake.

Well done sir!

Thank you.....

Jim,

Thanks for the kind words. It was terrific that you and Shirley (and other SATL veterans) were able to join us this year!

As you've noted, it's the GREAT PEOPLE who attend Snakes at the Lake that have made it a continuing success.

SATL 1 was a magical experience for all of us who made the inaugural trip and I always aim for that same outcome.

I have a lot of help from Russ and his crew to make that happen. We're already thinking about next year, which looks like Saturday June 27th.

Best,

Jim

PS: You'll remember these :camera:

TeamShelbyLakeTahoeCruise62610025.jpg

TeamShelbyLakeTahoeCruise62610045.jpg

TeamShelbyLakeTahoeCruise62610060.jpg

TeamShelbyLakeTahoeCruise62610067.jpg

TeamShelbyLakeTahoeCruise62610066.jpg

What is that white stuff on top of the mountains?

Reflection of the clouds - lol... it was a nice hot sunny day I even had the top down.... wasn't it 101' that day?

Jim, thoses are some old photos, we did have fun...

And let me add a well desirved thank you to Russ and Crew as well.....

You all orginized and pulled off a great event.....!

Jim,

Thanks for the kind words. It was terrific that you and Shirley (and other SATL veterans) were able to join us this year!

As you've noted, it's the GREAT PEOPLE who attend Snakes at the Lake that have made it a continuing success.

SATL 1 was a magical experience for all of us who made the inaugural trip and I always aim for that same outcome.

I have a lot of help from Russ and his crew to make that happen. We're already thinking about next year, which looks like Saturday June 27th.

Best,

Jim

PS: You'll remember these :camera:

TeamShelbyLakeTahoeCruise62610025.jpg

TeamShelbyLakeTahoeCruise62610045.jpg

TeamShelbyLakeTahoeCruise62610060.jpg

TeamShelbyLakeTahoeCruise62610067.jpg

TeamShelbyLakeTahoeCruise62610066.jpg

We sure missed joining you guys this year. First time we missed it since Jim started it. Always an outstanding event, Jim works his butt off to make this perfect for everyone......

Archived