TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Is Trackey Available For The Gt500S (13-14)

Rodders

I had my car in for warranty checks and one of the more senior guys at the dealership service dept said they have Trackey available for GT500s, not just for the Boss 302 (12-13) program that I am familiar with. I told him he was wrong that Trackey is not available for GT500s.

Do you guys agree with the dealer or with me? Maybe I missed this somehow. Reason why this is relevant....I have taken it in for excessive fuel consumption and they are theorizing perhaps Trackey may be responsible for the reduction so I am going to give them both keys to prove they are wrong. But I think the dealership is really confused....if I am right this is frigtening, but not surprising for a dealership. Cheers

That would be Ford's best kept secret EVER! I mean, you can cut the key to fit a GT500 ignition, and program it to start the car, but the GT500 does not have a built in performance tune, or we would have found it.

I had my car in for warranty checks and one of the more senior guys at the dealership service dept said they have Trackey available for GT500s, not just for the Boss 302 (12-13) program that I am familiar with. I told him he was wrong that Trackey is not available for GT500s.

That would be easy enough to confirm. Challenge him to get it for you and install it.

Phill

I'm not sure that I would want such an inept dealer working on my car.

Ditto. OP said this is one of the more SENIOR Techs???

I'd pass even on something seemingly minor, like a oll change. Yes, I've seen inept mechanics screw up a oil change. Strip the drain plug, leave the old filter o-ring on only to have it blow out as the customer was going down the road, leave the drain plug out and have 7 qts of oil draining out the bottom while the Tech is filling it up from above, not draining the old oil then putting 6 quarts in on top of it and letting the car go that way, etc. etc. etc.

YES, even something so seemingly simple as a oil change can be F*CK*D up by ineptness.

Phill

Yeah, Im still brought to laughter when I remember a "SVT Certified Technician" at a local dealership walked up to my GT350 while we had the hood open, he looks down at the engine bay, and looks at me and asked if it was supercharged. I closed the hood and left.

Phill, stripping the oil plug has happened to my mother on a her Mercedes when I was a kid. It took quite a bit of fight to get them to replace the seized engine.

Fortunately, some of the guys at the dealership that I use are Mustang guys. One of them actually bought my 2003 GT before they put it on the lot a few years back. I go in with the expectation that I have to clarify what needs to be done at all times, but they don't seem to have a problem with me being a PITA!

I remember bringing my 2012 GT in because of a rear suspension issue. I told them to check the rear driver side shock mount and sway bar. Sure enough, it was the rear sway bar bushing link, which snapped in half. I was told, "you were right!".

Most car owners don't know how to check their own oil these days. We performance car owners have to be aware that no matter what brand we drive, that we know more about our vehicles than they do.

Pete

They didn't tell you this, perchance, on April 1st, did they? Trackey? Oh yeah! I got a trackey with mine, it was in the owners manual, right next to the "100 horse chip"! Y'all got one of those, too, right?

They didn't tell you this, perchance, on April 1st, did they? Trackey? Oh yeah! I got a trackey with mine, it was in the owners manual, right next to the "100 horse chip"! Y'all got one of those, too, right?

I got a 200HP chip with mine. It came in a big box with "WHIPPLE" on the side of it!

Phill

Archived