TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Car Detailing Question

verlyn12

I have been looking at detailing products and tools and have not been able to find what I am looking for. Is there a tool you can put on a cordless drill or even a small power washer that is a type of brush that would rotate to get the bugs off that you could get wet to use car wash soap with it? We have grasshoppers and it seems that it would be easier for sure and take much less time and elbow grease than using a hand pad with netting on it. I have found power tools to use with wax products but not wash products.

Hi Verlyn... :victory: i use a degreaser cleaner called orange blast.. i spray it on and let it sit 5-10 minutes and then spray off and usually the bugs melt off before i spray it.. and the car has to be cool to touch...

Thanks. I have tried the bug and tar spray and that still didn't work. So I will give it a try! I had visions of sitting on a chair and spending the entire afternoon with a mesh pad and scrubbing like crazy! There had to be an easier way. :clapping:

I have been looking at detailing products and tools and have not been able to find what I am looking for. Is there a tool you can put on a cordless drill or even a small power washer that is a type of brush that would rotate to get the bugs off that you could get wet to use car wash soap with it? We have grasshoppers and it seems that it would be easier for sure and take much less time and elbow grease than using a hand pad with netting on it. I have found power tools to use with wax products but not wash products.

Don't laugh, but you might try WD-40. Any time I get things like road tar or other stick/icky stuff I spray a little WD-40 on a rag or even directly on the car and it "melts" right off. Won't harm the finish as the main ingredient is fish oil. I have a white car now but have used it on my previous silver Shelby and a black Mach 1 with great success.

Archived