TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My New 2014 Gt500 Story

Competition

I bought it in October, and have only had a chance to drive it a couple times before having to put it away for the winter, and as it's Almost april and snowing as I type this, I figured maybe I'd join here and share my story of aquiring my new Shelby. My name is Lance, and I'm 24, from Ohio. I had an 04 Cobra, and loved it...but when the 2013 body style hit the show rooms I just couldn't keep my eyes off them. I had no intentions of selling my 04, but I did want to pick up a new toy. So I purchased a 2014 Mustang GT. I ended up falling in love with the car- so much that my mint 2004 Cobra with only 15k miles on it, felt like a ragged out fox body every time I got back into it after being used to the new 5.0 and updated interior and suspension. I ended up selling my 04 Cobra as I literally wanted nothing to do with it any more. A couple months went by, and I loved my new 5.0, but I just felt like something was missing. I've always had SVT products in the past, so it just didn't feel the same. I thought about putting a blower on my 5.0...or a turbo setup, but I came to realize no matter what I did, it would still never be a SVT...then a couple days later I stopped by the Ford dealer behind my house, where they had a black 2014 GT500 sitting in the show room. I had no real intentions of pursuing a purchase of it, but ended up talking to one of the sales guys there who caught a look at my 5.0 in the parking lot. He said if I was interested they would offer me a fair price for my car if it meant getting me into the Shelby. For laughs I said okay, shoot me an offer. The sales manager inspected my car, told me if I purchased the Shelby at MSRP, they would give me XX,XXX for my 5.0....the offer was actually a lot more than I expected, but I still wasn't thrilled about doubling my car payment. I gave them a number where I wanted to be on payments, with 0 down, and if they could make that happen I'd take the car. They said they would see what they would do and call me later. The next morning I got a text from the sales guy with a payment and a picture of the keys. So I left work early, tossed my stock wheels back on my 5.0, gave it a kiss and drove it over to the dealership, where sitting outside all shined up waiting for me, was my brand new GT500. We signed the papers and I could hardly wait to get in it and drive it down to the gas station with the sales manager to fill it up! And then I had to put it away for the winter! Can't wait to get it back out and enjoy it this year!

The car that started it all for me, my 2004 SVT Cobra.

7701947510_be4644b5ac_b.jpg

My 2014 5.0 that I traded in on the Shelby, with less than 2k miles.

9541218581_b0e8e0138c_b.jpg

Going over the car and taking delivery.

998473_10201770102800891_1636265426_n.jp

Me and my new babe!

1473060_10201121686110879_20328105_n.jpg

And now, after a few cosmetic modifications.

10148153766_4894e8b924_b.jpg

Great story, Lance, and a great looking car. Congratulations.

Compared to my story your search was easier, it took me months to find what I wanted at MSRP. But all's well that ends well. I love my car, and I'm sure you'll love yours. You did the right thing. :thumbsup:

Great story, Lance, and a great looking car. Congratulations.

Compared to my story your search was easier, it took me months to find what I wanted at MSRP. But all's well that ends well. I love my car, and I'm sure you'll love yours. You did the right thing. :thumbsup:

Only regret I have is buying black! Ideally I would change two things about the car. If it were up to me, it would be a white stripe delete car, and it would have a glass roof. But, my car has every option EXCEPT the glass roof, and I love the black when it's clean, but man it's hard to keep that way! But I know I wouldn't find anyone else who would offer me what they did for my 5.0...so I had to take the deal while it was hot if I wanted to make the switch.

great looking car lance, i had a black 04 terminator with 11,000 miles i sold for the gt 500,and loved the black but thats why i bought the gt 500 in grabber blue ,i did not want to take care of the black any more,good luck with the car ,it looks great with the rims

Congrats on the upgrade! Very like how we wound up with our 2010. Took a lot more work to find exactly what we wanted for the 2014. Love the subtlety of the black on black. Enjoy the beast once it warms up outside. :peelout:

SVT really put a lot of engineering into them -- night and day difference from a 5.0. You'll find what you were missing!

Is this car not for sale now on svtp?

I had it for sale for a minute, due to a combination of 6 months of it sitting during our rough winter and forgetting how much I appreciated it, and also wanting to build a new house, but I came to my senses a couple weeks ago when I got it out for the first time.

Nice car!!! Leaving at 1am tonight to go to North Carolina with my childhood friend who is purchasing your same color 2014 GT500. It too has all options except glass roof and pro sound...Neither of which he probably won't miss.

Between these greedy Northeast car dealers and his wife, I was afraid he was going to stop trying to buy this car. Every dealer around here nj, ny,pa wants 5000 to 10000 over MSRP and this was in the winter time..go figure.

His wife, like mine and maybe yours can't figure out for the life of him why he would want to spend that much money on a car. And yes nobody wants to spent that much money on a Mustang, but when we grew up we could'nt afford

fast cars from the late sixties and seventies. Now that were older and have a little bit more cash..its time. So like I told my wife in 2008 (when i got my Shelby GT) he told his wife its now or never. Not letting the ship sail twice without us..lol Anyway a dealer in North Carolina offered him a fair price for that car which is why we"re taking a trailer down with us to bring her home. This will be like the equivalatent of bringing home a Cuda with a 426 hemi... the big dog of its time.

So enjoy that pretty blk Shelby GT500 and keep as clean as you did your terminator :rockon:

Nice car!!! Leaving at 1am tonight to go to North Carolina with my childhood friend who is purchasing your same color 2014 GT500. It too has all options except glass roof and pro sound...Neither of which he probably won't miss.

Between these greedy Northeast car dealers and his wife, I was afraid he was going to stop trying to buy this car. Every dealer around here nj, ny,pa wants 5000 to 10000 over MSRP and this was in the winter time..go figure.

His wife, like mine and maybe yours can't figure out for the life of him why he would want to spend that much money on a car. And yes nobody wants to spent that much money on a Mustang, but when we grew up we could'nt afford

fast cars from the late sixties and seventies. Now that were older and have a little bit more cash..its time. So like I told my wife in 2008 (when i got my Shelby GT) he told his wife its now or never. Not letting the ship sail twice without us..lol Anyway a dealer in North Carolina offered him a fair price for that car which is why we"re taking a trailer down with us to bring her home. This will be like the equivalatent of bringing home a Cuda with a 426 hemi... the big dog of its time.

So enjoy that pretty blk Shelby GT500 and keep as clean as you did your terminator :rockon:

Post some pictures of his when you pick it up! And there's a local dealership here who has a Ruby red 14 in the showroom, they said they would take 1000 over invoice on it. MSRP is 66k, invoice is 59k. Wish I had the means to buy another one, it's a killer deal.

Post some pictures of his when you pick it up! And there's a local dealership here who has a Ruby red 14 in the showroom, they said they would take 1000 over invoice on it. MSRP is 66k, invoice is 59k. Wish I had the means to buy another one, it's a killer deal.

That's not a bad deal...I'm all for free enterprise everyone deserves a chance to make an honest buck, but the greed of some of these dealers is appalling. I hope they get stuck with them and lose their shirts...NOT! lol just some wishful thinking :rant: But anyway I will take alot of pictures and either he or I will post them.

• 2 weeks later...

I had it for sale for a minute, due to a combination of 6 months of it sitting during our rough winter and forgetting how much I appreciated it, and also wanting to build a new house, but I came to my senses a couple weeks ago when I got it out for the first time.

Just curious....how does a 24 year old get that kind of money?

Archived