TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Carroll Shelby Memorial Classic – Blackhawk Museum – Saturday May 10, 2014

SVT NAJA

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just signed up. This will be my first official event. 08 GT500

xcessive54,

Welcome to Team Shelby and the Pacific Coast Region.

It's great to have you onboard for the inaugural Carroll Shelby Memorial Classic!

I'll get you posted up and we're looking forward to meeting you on the 10th at the Blackhawk.

Jim

Jim,

I just signed my wife and myself up. I will bring the Boss 302 and she will me in the Shelby. Thanks again for a great event.

Mark

Mark,

It's great to see the 2 of you will be with us for the day in Danville. I'm glad we'll have another Boss and Shelby on the upper plaza! See you on the 10th...

Jim

Hi Jim, I'm signed up and ready :drool:

Looks like a Awesome Show !!! :camera: :camera: :camera:

See you and everyone in 2 weeks !!! :shift::victory::shift::clapping::yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Mike :cool:

Mike,

Welcome aboard. Great to have your Shelby GT in the mix. :shift:

As of this evening, we're 3 entries shy of a full boat for the inaugural TS-PCR CSMC at the Blackhawk. Can't wait to hear the roar for that moment of noise for Carroll. :)

See you on May 10th!

Jim

I want to thank the Shelby, Ford GT, Cobra, Boss and Tiger club members here in Northern California for their enthusiasm and support of the inaugural Carroll Shelby Memorial Classic at the Blackhawk Automotive Museum this coming May 10th. The event is now sold out and registration is closed. We continue to welcome as spectators any "Powered by Ford" enthusiasts who want to join us and we look forward to our Entrants enjoying a memorable day!

Jim

:yahoo: FULL HOUSE

People can still make donations to the 2 charities - Carroll Shelby Foundation (CSCF) and Wheels for Chairs plus come see the awesome cars in the show !

Great job Jim !

Hummmm - open headers or mufflers - which should I choose ?

• 2 weeks later...

As seen below, our weather forecast for May 10th looks perfect for the Carroll Shelby Memorial Classic at the Blackhawk Museum in Danville. I would suggest Entrants bring a lightweight jacket for the 8:30am arrival, but temps by our 10am start should be very comfortable. Also, to prevent sunburn, it’s always a good idea to apply some sunscreen and wear a comfortable hat. We’ll have bottled water on hand, so please stay hydrated. You’re welcome to bring a folding chair for use on the perimeter of the plaza. A photographer will be on hand and a link will be posted here soon after the event so you can download pictures. We’ll see you this Saturday!

ScreenShot660_zps684cd336.jpg

Looks like a great event. Wish I could make it. Be sure to post up pictures for us side liners!

Harald,

I wish your Hertz was going to be on the upper plaza too!

I have a photographer scheduled for the event and he'll have access to the museum's upper balconies to get some great :camera: which we'll post after the event.

Stay tuned...

Jim

JC,

Race car is all loaded and truck/enclosed trailer is parked in front of my house. Do you have an idea of where I'll need to park the rig and unload the car?

Kevin,

I suggest we unload your Shelby on the level pavement near the entrance to the staging area. We should have the Team Shelby tent in place at that location about 8am. Then we'll move your rig up top in the office building parking area where you can load and turnaround after the event.

Jim

We had a fantastic time today at the event. Thanks Jim and MIke for putting on a great show and welcoming my wife and I to the Team Shelby family! Can't wait for Snakes at the Lake!!

Until Jim's photographer gets his pix up, this will have to do.

Big thanx to our sponsor Ted @ Taormina Imports for their donation :worship: , and of course the Blackhawk Auto Museum for hosting us. However, the biggest THANK YOU :salute: goes to Jim (SVT NAJA) for all of his efforts in organizing this wonderful memorial event.

IMG_2353_zps047d29e1.jpg

IMG_2342_zps947c36ef.jpg

IMG_2371_zps48c59e72.jpg

IMG_2355_zps79ac2725.jpg

IMG_2345_zps00e4519b.jpg

IMG_4156_zps2f37253b.jpg

IMG_2362_zps63e5ce00.jpg

IMG_2361_zpsa4d3608b.jpg

IMG_4163_zps553aeeb5.jpg

IMG_4157_zpsdb55bc59.jpg

IMG_4164_zps9b66e11a.jpg

IMG_4169_zps296d8702.jpg

IMG_4152_zpsfec452c9.jpg

IMG_2357_zps71f726f9.jpg

IMG_2341_zpse61c6b4d.jpg

I want to thank all of the Entrants who participated in the inaugural Carroll Shelby Memorial Classic at the Blackhawk Automotive Museum, and all of the spectators who attended the event. I also want to thank our sponsor Taormina Imports for their generous financial contributions to the Carroll Shelby and Wheelchair Foundations and to the Blackhawk Museum for hosting the event. I also appreciate the support we received from members of the Team Shelby, Ford GT, Cobra, Boss and Tiger clubs here in Northern California.

It was a perfect day to spend with other “Powered by Ford” enthusiasts celebrating Carroll Shelby’s legacy. Here’s a link to some initial pictures from the Museum’s Facebook page and a short video of the “moment of noise” for Carroll. Enjoy!

https://www.facebook.com/BlackhawkMuseum/photos/pcb.699022950140044/699022690140070/?type=1&theater

Thank You Jim - I hope that you finally got something to eat! It was a fantastic event and you outdo yourself every time - we are very fortunate to have you in our region and being an active member of Team Shelby! :worship:

Thank You Jim - I hope that you finally got something to eat! It was a fantastic event and you outdo yourself every time - we are very fortunate to have you in our region and being an active member of Team Shelby! :worship:

Agree.

Here's the photographer's link to the pics from the Carroll Shelby Memorial Classic at the Blackhawk this past Saturday.

I think Perry took over 500 pictures, but only 200 have been uploaded so far, so stay tuned...

Best,

Jim

Jim, Thanks again for all your hard work in putting together such an Awesome Event for all and Honoring Carroll Shelby !!! 5 Stars to you :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Mike & Sharmy

Here's the photographer's link to the pics from the Carroll Shelby Memorial Classic at the Blackhawk this past Saturday.
I think Perry took over 500 pictures, but only 200 have been uploaded so far, so stay tuned...
Best,
Jim

Awesome. The cars are the vehicle to bring family & friends together. Nice to see families in the pictures. Those youngsters will be the future Shelby enthusiast.

Archived