TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Carroll Shelby Memorial Classic – Blackhawk Museum – Saturday May 10, 2014

SVT NAJA

Memorial-Classic---Danville-051020141_zp

Team Shelby – Pacific Coast Region in partnership with the Blackhawk Automotive Museum http://www.blackhawkmuseum.org/ conveniently located in the SF East Bay suburb of Danville, is excited to bring this inaugural event honoring the legacy of Carroll Shelby to NorCal “Powered by Ford” enthusiasts. This memorial car show will feature Shelby, Ford GT, Cobra and Boss vehicles. Although show entry requires a nominal fee, spectator attendance is free to all. Several special guests have been invited and are expected to attend. Tim McGrane, Executive Director of the Blackhawk Museum (and a former Barrett Jackson executive) will be on hand to help judge entries and issue some neat trophies!

RSVP’s and pre-payment of a donation entry fee of $30 (or more if you wish :-) per vehicle is required for this event so we can anticipate parking layout on the museum’s photo-op perfect plaza. Entries will be limited to 40 vehicles. Please use the GoFundMe link below to facilitate this transaction. When your payment is confirmed, this will be noted on the roster below. Donated entry fees will be shared with the Carroll Shelby Foundation http://www.cscf.org/ and Wheels for Chairs http://www.blackhawkmuseum.org/w4w.html

Payment Link: http://www.gofundme.com/7vd000 - Reservations are requested by Sunday May 4th. Thanks!

So mark your calendars and post-up if you’re interested in joining us with your entry - or as a spectator, for a great day at the Blackhawk Museum honoring Carroll Shelby with other “Powered by Ford” enthusiasts. Please note the year and model of your vehicle when replying so trophy categories / quantities can be determined in advance based upon expected attendance.

Note: For ease of editing, I’ll maintain the list of Memorial Classic car show entries in Post #2 immediately below.

The show starts at 10am and ends at 1pm. Owners entering their vehicles in the show should arrive by 8:30am to allow adequate time for staging, and once on the plaza, will not be able to exit until sometime after 1pm. Please note that parking at one edge of the plaza is sometimes subject to overspray from the water fountains in windy conditions, although this is rare. Also, there are several restaurants in the complex to enjoy lunch at.

The Blackhawk Automotive Museum is located at 3700 Blackhawk Plaza Circle, Danville, CA 94506

Here is an aerial view of the upper plaza where the car show will take place and reserved spectator parking appears in the lower right corner https://maps.google.com/maps?q=danville+ca&ll=37.800926,-121.917591&spn=0.001406,0.002051&client=safari&oe=UTF-8&hnear=Danville,+Contra+Costa+County,+California&gl=us&t=h&z=20

Any question, please ask here or leave me a PM. We look forward to seeing you on Saturday May 10th in Danville!

Thanks,

Jim

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

List of Memorial Classic car show entries attending:

1. Ross D. – Entrant with 2012 Shelby GT500
  2. Durk E. – Entrant with 1965 GT350
  3. Kevin P. – Entrant with 2007 Shelby GT SPEC race car
  4. Justin C. – Entrant with 2013 Boss 302
  5. Mark C. – Entrant with 1969 Shelby GT500
  6. Robert G. – Entrant with 2010 Shelby GT500
  7. Marty M. – Entrant with 2012 Shelby GT500
  8. Ron G. – Entrant with 64 Shelby Daytona Coupe
  9. Andy B. – Entrant with 2012 Boss 302
  10. Danny W. - Entrant with 2013 Shelby GT500 vert
  11. Ed L. - Entrant with 2005 Ford GT
  12. Richard C. - Entrant with Shelby Cobra 427 S/C
  13. Ed S. - Entrant with Ford GT
  14. Clinton L. - Entrant with 2005 Ford GT
  15. Ted T. - Entrant with #13 Cobra (offline donation for 9 Cobras)
  16. Gordie F. - Entrant with 20th Anniversary Cobra
  17. Mike H. - Entrant with Blue and White Stripe Cobra
  18. Gary B. - Entrant with Volcano Cobra
  19. Donnie C. - Entrant with Ghost 13 Cobra
  20. Bill M. - Entrant with Grigio Silverstone Cobra
  21. Baldwin B. - Entrant with Titanium Cobra
  22. Frank K. - Entrant with Silver Cobra
  23. SFSC - Entrant with GT40
  24. Scott C. - Entrant with Ford GT
  25. Tim B. - Entrant with Blue 289 Cobra
  26. Tom W. - Entrant with 2007 Shelby GT500
  27. Hoss R. - Entrant with 2012 Shelby GT350
  28. Dave S. - Entrant with 2005 Ford GT
  29. Glenn W. - Entrant with Superformance S/C Cobra
  30. Chris S. - Entrant with 2008 Shelby GT500
  31. Mark V. - Entrant with 2012 Boss 302
  32. Nydia V. - Entrant with 2008 Shelby GT500
  33. Mark L. - Entrant with 1966 Shelby GT350 - SFM6S289
  34. Dan D. - Entrant with 1967 Tiger MK1A
  35. Mike U. - Entrant with 2007 Shelby GT
  36. Don S. - Entrant with 2013 Boss 302
  37. Larry B. - Entrant with 2007 Shelby GT
  38. Steve G. - Entrant with 2005 Ford GT
  39. Dick J. - Entrant with 2007 Shelby SGT/SC
  40. Brian H. - Entrant with 2008 Shelby GT500 Super Snake

Sounds like fun.

Trying to decide if I should enter my GT? Feedback on show categories from those that have been and or that know what has been put into my car or if I should just attend and spectate?

Sounds like fun.

Trying to decide if I should enter my GT? Feedback on show categories from those that have been and or that know what has been put into my car or if I should just attend and spectate?

Jared,

For now, I'll list you as a spectator...

Will they let you bring race cars - maybe I'll take the GT.

Kevin,

Oh yes! We have to have a Shelby GT race car. Lots of available space nearby for a truck/trailer rig. Let me know. Meantime your pending...

Kevin,

Oh yes! We have to have a Shelby GT race car. Lots of available space nearby for a truck/trailer rig. Let me know. Meantime your pending...

Funded and put on the calendar. You're forecasting clear weather right Jim ? :cool:

Looks like fun--I will check the calendar. Now have to decide Tiger or Shelby.........

We were parked up top in 2003 for the Ford 100 year anniversary show--awesome area.

Bruce,

The upper plaza in front of the Blackhawk museum is an awesome venue indeed. A light blue Tiger would fit in perfect!

The Blackhawk Museum is one of the best Museums I have ever been to. Take your camera.

PJSAF1,

You're absolutely correct! No surprise the Blackhawk is associated with the Smithsonian Institution. Upper plaza is a great venue for car events and provides perfect :camera: ops.

Our Carroll Shelby Memorial Classic is now posted on the museum's website: http://www.blackhawkmuseum.org/

Sounds like fun.

Jared, enter the show!

Jim,

Did I hear race cars? Any issues with 2.25" ground clearance?

Auto-X event the week before and L.A. Shelby Tribute the following week. Not sure we can make it but will certainly try :-)

Hey Kevin, I finally washed my car last weekend which was long overdue but it's been parked since the December visit to Lucille Packard Children's Toy Drive. So, you're off the hook unless it rains on the Bash trip. Ha!

post-37224-0-90948800-1397102948_thumb.jpg

Jim,

Did I hear race cars? Any issues with 2.25" ground clearance?

Auto-X event the week before and L.A. Shelby Tribute the following week. Not sure we can make it but will certainly try :-)

Hey Kevin, I finally washed my car last weekend which was long overdue but it's been parked since the December visit to Lucille Packard Children's Toy Drive. So, you're off the hook unless it rains on the Bash trip. Ha!

HA! You're as bad as I am - I haven't driven my GT500 since JJ took it on the toy drive either - maybe I'll come down to see you guys off on Sunday at Casa de Fruita for breakfast and charge up the battery. Glad to hear that you're keeping the fleet clean. :lol:

Get your tires warmed up and come see us at Pea Soups :-) How is the spec-class coming along? We recently finished major mods on my 65 race car (redesigned front suspension, removed shock towers, built tube front support structure, installed new motor, etc). Had Woodward revolve the steering servo. Looking forward to the next American Auto-X Series event at Marina on May 3-4. Bring your race car!

Tom

• 2 weeks later...

I want to welcome Taormina Imports aboard as a sponsoring supporter of the Carroll Shelby Memorial Classic and to thank them for their generous donation to the Carroll Shelby Foundation and the Blackhawk's Wheels for Wheelchairs Foundation!

Several of their clients will be in attendance to showcase their awesome Cobras and spend the day with other enthusiasts celebrating Carroll's legacy.

70% of the available upper plaza car show parking spaces are now taken. If you have been thinking about entering your Shelby, Ford GT, Cobra or Boss - now is a good time to do so.

Jim

Signed up and looking forward to it.

Thanks Jim

Tom,

Welcome aboard!

I'm looking forward to spending the day with other "Powered by Ford" enthusiasts remembering Carroll's legacy and enjoying these great cars, even if the Blackhawk is a little more intimate than say - the San Jose Mercury News...

See you on May 10th.

Jim

IMG_0945.jpg

IMG_0946.jpg

Archived