TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My First Shelby Story.

Inertech

Well I bought my 2014 gt500 at the beginning of march. It had a small spot in the bumper where some damage occurred about quarter size. The damage was there when I bought it. I took it in a few days ago and had that spot filled and the vinyl replaced. Then my front tires were so bad I haven't really even driven the car. So now I sit at discount tire today waiting on my new mpss. My inspection sticker is flaking off has no backing not sure what the deal is with that. Happend to be a cop here who didn't hesitate to tell me to get a new one. Even though this one doesn't expire for a year, he said that's a security measure so people don't steal the stickers. So mine looks stolen lmao. And my oil light came on today while driving to discount tire. I haven't even driven this car 200 miles! All said this cars cost me close to 2000 dollars and I haven't even really been able to drive it yet. Oddly enough this hasn't made me

Love this car any less! ? sorry for the long post discount tires taking their sweet time.

Yeah it had 9000 miles it already had brand new mpss on the rear. The dealer put them on there. It had high miles given the type of vehicle 9000 miles a years a lot in my opinion. I won't drive it much though so I'll make up for the excess mileage.

wow.. Even 9000 miles is pretty quick to have trashed the tires, IMO. The stock tires on my 2010 made it over 13k including 1 track day (albeit barely) and supposedly the rubber's a little better on the G2's on the 2013/14. Though you won't miss the stock tires 1 bit if you're replacing them with MPSS's -- I'm probably doing the same thing to the perfectly new goodyears on my 2014 because it made such a difference in regular driving. It sounds like he was either tracking it/drag racing it constantly or doing otherwise stupid things in it :redcard:

Hope you get everything sorted out soon so you can properly enjoy it! They're an amazing piece of machinery.

Well I bought my 2014 gt500 at the beginning of march. It had a small spot in the bumper where some damage occurred about quarter size. The damage was there when I bought it. I took it in a few days ago and had that spot filled and the vinyl replaced. Then my front tires were so bad I haven't really even driven the car. So now I sit at discount tire today waiting on my new mpss. My inspection sticker is flaking off has no backing not sure what the deal is with that. Happend to be a cop here who didn't hesitate to tell me to get a new one. Even though this one doesn't expire for a year, he said that's a security measure so people don't steal the stickers. So mine looks stolen lmao. And my oil light came on today while driving to discount tire. I haven't even driven this car 200 miles! All said this cars cost me close to 2000 dollars and I haven't even really been able to drive it yet. Oddly enough this hasn't made me

Love this car any less! sorry for the long post discount tires taking their sweet time.

What does MPSS stand for??

wow.. Even 9000 miles is pretty quick to have trashed the tires, IMO. The stock tires on my 2010 made it over 13k including 1 track day (albeit barely) and supposedly the rubber's a little better on the G2's on the 2013/14. Though you won't miss the stock tires 1 bit if you're replacing them with MPSS's -- I'm probably doing the same thing to the perfectly new goodyears on my 2014 because it made such a difference in regular driving. It sounds like he was either tracking it/drag racing it constantly or doing otherwise stupid things in it :redcard:

Hope you get everything sorted out soon so you can properly enjoy it! They're an amazing piece of machinery.

Yeah I have no doubt he rode it hard. Luckily these cars are built for it. I'm not worried I've had no issues mechanically since I've had it.

MPSS= Michelin pilot super sport tires. I'm very pleased with them car handles so much better when actually have some good tires.

dumbie me and I even been thinking about a set of them - the stock rubber are pretty bad here in the Pacific NW this time of the year - I'am going to drive this one and not be a garage queen like the other one

dumbie me and I even been thinking about a set of them - the stock rubber are pretty bad here in the Pacific NW this time of the year - I'am going to drive this one and not be a garage queen like the other one

I wanted mine as an investment but it's not a show car and I won't treat it as one either. Don't feel bad I'm new to this domestic car scene also. I have no ide what TVS means? I see that in a lot of post also, I'm sure once I find out I'll be like oh duh.

I wanted mine as an investment but it's not a show car and I won't treat it as one either. Don't feel bad I'm new to this domestic car scene also. I have no ide what TVS means? I see that in a lot of post also, I'm sure once I find out I'll be like oh duh.

TVS stands for "Twin Vortices Series" -- referring to the Eaton TVS supercharger that Ford used when building our cars. :twister:

Archived