TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Missing The Threads About John Luft

tko211

I know! right? Road & Track also noted how strange this is and how nobody is saying anything. I realize that corporations make management decisions everyday and some of those days the decisions are bigger and the news not so good... But usually you have to make some sort of official announcement and go on the record. It's not normal operating procedure to have the news "leaked" confirmed by lower level employees, ignored by those in leadership positions, and then swept under the rug.

I don't care if the changes were ugly, sour grapes and all... Come out and say something, even if it's just a boiler plate - politically correct statement.

Here is something I drafted really quick. Maybe they can use this to help clear the air.

Thursday March 27th 2014

Shelby American has appointed Joe Conway to the office of Interim CEO following the departure of John Luft the former CEO who served the company from 20XX to 20XX.

John Luft oversaw many developments for the legendary american automaker including the launch of new production car offerings such as the Shelby Focus, The Shelby GTS, & the convertible GT350's. Luft's leadership oversaw two significant miles stones in it's company history which saw the passing of it's founder and racing legend Carroll Shelby and soon followed with a celebration of it's 50th Anniversary year.

Most recently Mr. Luft's focus was to relocate Shelby American's car museum to a newer and larger facility located closer to the Las Vegas Strip making it easier for fans and visitors to learn about the rich history that has been made and repeated by Carroll Shelby & Shelby American.

"We celebrate these accomplishments and the positive impact that John's Leadership has had on the Shelby American Brand. The transition of the company through Carroll's passing was deeply impactful for us all." We thank John for his service.

"The search has begun for a permanent replacement for Luft. Given the company's strong foundation and recent momentum I am confident that now is the right time to turn the reins over to a different voice in leadership as we prepare for the next phase of growth and execution that lie ahead."

Conway has been with Shelby American for XX years and has served in the executive roles of XX before being appointed to the position of interim CEO.

Wow,that was a lot done "really quick"! Lol!

I like what you put together,nicely done! Looking at the fact that the whole of the original thread on this subject tells all of us it was deleted by people of SA.

Is this a thorny subject for them and is there a lot of damage control and back peddling going on ?

TKO211, and I guess when you become an executive at Shelby they may use your suggested press release. Till then I guess they are free to do as they please without your assistance. Well written by you though.

Guys,

I spoke to you all on a personal level, and did not intend it to stay posted here forever, lest it be a "copy-and-paste" victim to be used by any yahoo with a Mustang or automotive blog, website, or news service.

TKO211, be careful that your writing exercise doesn't accidentally get picked up as something official.

Anyone with questions knows how to reach me, and PLEASE, I'd ask everyone keep the drama switch set to "off".

Thanks!

Jer

Well... this sure piques the interest of those that didn't see the original threads... and especially of those of us that didn't see the John Luft departure news... Kinds of agree that an official announcement would seem in order... but to each company their own.

• 2 weeks later...

Well Caitlin ( from SA ) did a hell of job keeping up with all of us horsepower crazy maniacs on the poker tour as she took pictures.

She was driving the Shelby Focus from SA.

Great pics by the way Caitlin.

Also, the guy driving the school bus yellow Shelby Focus was having a good time and had no problem racing across the desert.

Didn't catch your name, sorry, but that is cool looking car.

With 4 people in the car.

Jer

That Focus is pretty nimble out there.

Nice video Jer.

And, what a facility at Spring Mountain.

Looking forward to going back there for next year's Bash ( hopefully this is where it is going )

Maybe if there are enough Raptor owners next year, there could be a segment at VORE.

That place is awesome as well.

And, can't say it enough, THANK YOU to all who worked so hard to put on another great Bash.

Jer, was that your SGT/SC chasing the Focus? I thought I heard the rev limiter being tapped a time or two. Great video. I remember talking to Gary P. about the Focus and he said the car hangs with the best of them.

Jer, was that your SGT/SC chasing the Focus? I thought I heard the rev limiter being tapped a time or two. Great video. I remember talking to Gary P. about the Focus and he said the car hangs with the best of them.

No, that video was created by Mike Herman, who owns a gorgeous Gulf Heritage Edition Ford GT, and the Boss 302 Laguna Seca he's driving (very well, I might add) in this video.

Me, I couldn't catch an ice cream truck.

Jer

Me, I couldn't catch an ice cream truck.

LOL, join the crowd!

Me and turns don't get along.

Phill

Archived