TEAM SHELBY FORUM

09 Kr On Ebay Listed And Badged As A 40Th Anniversary Edition. Am I Missing Something?

To be fair the dealer may have no idea.

The former owner could have attached what ever they wanted and the dealer bought it at auction...not sure they have the expertise or resources to trace every car, and I think for a car like this the buyer will, or should, know more.

To be fair the dealer may have no idea.

The former owner could have attached what ever they wanted and the dealer bought it at auction...not sure they have the expertise or resources to trace every car, and I think for a car like this the buyer will, or should, know more.

As per my first post, I contacted the dealer. I first spoke to a sales person, then a week later I spoke to who I believe was the owner. I even suggested he contact Shelby. They ended the auction last week and continued it today. So they know.

So they know. BFD. That doesn't mean they put the badges on it. Doesn't mean they are experts with the subtleties of what differentiates an '08 to an '09 like we are. They are just describing the car as it sits now. It's a used car.

There's an 09 KR CSM #341 on eBay listed and badged as a 40th Anniversary edition. I was under the impression that only the 08s were badged as 40th editions.

It's a salvage vehicle as well.

AK.

I remember another one being talked about here on TS a couple of years ago with the same exact situation.

If I remember correctly, it was confirmed that it came from Shelby Automotive Inc (SAI) like that.

Phill

It sure looks like the one that was back halved to repair it. There are posts on TS somewhere about this car. I know there was a black KR for sale at a dealership new near me that came from SAI misbadged.

It sure looks like the one that was back halved to repair it. There are posts on TS somewhere about this car. I know there was a black KR for sale at a dealership new near me that came from SAI misbadged.

Is that the same one I mentioned, from maybe a couple of years back?

Or were there multiples of the 'mistake'?

Phill

Phil, I think it happened more than once. The KR on Ebay right now in question I'm almost certain FIA contacted them and found out it had had a rear clip installed. It is a true KR albeit with a salvage title as the ad says.

Archived