TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Original Owners And Splitter Damage Control.

OK,

New guy has two more questions.

1. Does anyone know how to go about contacting the original (first) owner of a KR?

2. Do any of you use any type of clear bra system to prevent road debris damage to your splitter?

Thanks much,

AK.

Based on question 1, I assume you bought it from a dealer?

As they cannot divulge to you the previous owners name due to privacy laws & assuming they took it in on trade and not at auction, ask them (dealer) to send a message to the previous owner with you full contact info and request the seller contact you.

Q2, any decent clear bra installer can custom wrap one, mine is.

Based on question 1, I assume you bought it from a dealer?

As they cannot divulge to you the previous owners name due to privacy laws & assuming they took it in on trade and not at auction, ask them (dealer) to send a message to the previous owner with you full contact info and request the seller contact you.

Q2, any decent clear bra installer can custom wrap one, mine is.

Thanks much for the information.

AK.

AK,

1.I too bought mine from a Ford dealer. The previous owners name and address were on the title . I wrote a nice letter asking for any interesting facts about the car and a little history. I still had delivery miles on mine so the information was limited. The previous owner actually called me.

2. Mustangs Unlimited sells a full face bra for the KR. I don't recommend one due to obvious reasons. The 3m product seems to be the most popular form of protection although limited use for the splitter. I am planning on getting a gt500 or a modified Boss 302 splitter.

Good luck and welcome again to the KR club.

Archived